Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So. Where are we going to find 17:10 - Apr 23 with 1030 viewschicoazul

20 more points and 20 more goals next season?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So. Where are we going to find on 17:19 - Apr 23 with 1001 viewsScuzzer

By buying a decent striker who can score those 20 goals. I wonder who that is?

Established 1968

So. Where are we going to find on 17:20 - Apr 23 with 990 viewsIllinoisblue

So. Where are we going to find on 17:19 - Apr 23 by Scuzzer

By buying a decent striker who can score those 20 goals. I wonder who that is?

Need to create chances to do that

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

So. Where are we going to find on 17:41 - Apr 23 with 933 viewspositivity

where did wigan find 40 more points? we need to re-sign gwion edwards?

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Edwards hasn’t played on 17:44 - Apr 23 with 901 viewsunstableblue

So. Where are we going to find on 17:41 - Apr 23 by positivity

But they’ve had MEN and some quality all season

They’re fans stating they haven’t actually not being playing well for a while including against us… but they know how to bring our results

We don’t

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

So. Where are we going to find on 17:45 - Apr 23 with 894 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think Keane has been far more influential than Edwards for them.

We need a 20-goal a season striker and a 10-15 goal a season one that will work together and with the players we have/get in.

We need a set piece taker (or two) that will enable midfielders and defenders to up their tally by 10-15 goals between them.

And we need a couple of leaders and organisers on the pitch to make sure that when we take the lead we hang on to it. We have given away 30 points from winning positions haven't we? How many have we snatched at the end of a match from losing positions too? Far too few I would suspect.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So. Where are we going to find on 17:45 - Apr 23 with 894 viewsunstableblue

So. Where are we going to find on 17:20 - Apr 23 by Illinoisblue

Norwood should today… end of

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

So. Where are we going to find on 17:45 - Apr 23 with 882 viewsFrimleyBlue

When we play a forward line of consistant scorers and in natural positions.

Assisted with a natural LWB with the ability to attack and defend

Actually make use of set pieces rather than see them as a hindrance to possession stats

And decide who we want between Morsy and another CM option. A regular Box to box midfielder he is not, and we end up with 2 midfielders with 0 attacking threat.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

So. Where are we going to find on 17:47 - Apr 23 with 876 viewspositivity

daveu thinks we should sign boris johnson by the looks of it, sorry daveu

Login to get fewer ads

So. Where are we going to find on 17:49 - Apr 23 with 861 viewsjayessess

If you'd asked me pre-Cambridge I'd have said "pretty easily". Not so sure now. I think we look a lot more vulnerable defensively without Edmundson and we've simultaneously got into some bad habits when in the lead (not just conceding, but losing a bit of control in games).

20 more goals? Well, our shot conversion has gone from best in League One to the worst, so getting that back up would be a start.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

So. Where are we going to find on 17:50 - Apr 23 with 852 viewspositivity

So. Where are we going to find on 17:45 - Apr 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think Keane has been far more influential than Edwards for them.

We need a 20-goal a season striker and a 10-15 goal a season one that will work together and with the players we have/get in.

We need a set piece taker (or two) that will enable midfielders and defenders to up their tally by 10-15 goals between them.

And we need a couple of leaders and organisers on the pitch to make sure that when we take the lead we hang on to it. We have given away 30 points from winning positions haven't we? How many have we snatched at the end of a match from losing positions too? Far too few I would suspect.

yeah, gwion was a joke!

i agree with the rest; jackson is your 10-15 man, so we need your target man and a set-piece taker. what's waggy doing at the moment?!

So. Where are we going to find on 17:54 - Apr 23 with 808 viewsGavTWTD

What’s that now? 30 points lost from winning positions? by 3_5_2 23 Apr 2022 17:09
Whatever the reason, that is an awful stat

KMac has to change more than just one or two players.

I can see 6 in at least

There is just a mental fragility to us, even with all the changes we have made to the squad.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

So. Where are we going to find on 17:55 - Apr 23 with 783 viewsFrimleyBlue

So. Where are we going to find on 17:54 - Apr 23 by GavTWTD

What’s that now? 30 points lost from winning positions? by 3_5_2 23 Apr 2022 17:09
Whatever the reason, that is an awful stat

KMac has to change more than just one or two players.

I can see 6 in at least

There is just a mental fragility to us, even with all the changes we have made to the squad.

Now thinking we might see some fan favourites go Gav?

Waka waka eh eh

So. Where are we going to find on 17:56 - Apr 23 with 779 viewsfranz_tyson

Morsy's terrible disciplinary record is worth 30 points at least. But at least it's a pathway to getting the youngsters in the side in his absence. That's a positive, surely.
So. Where are we going to find on 18:00 - Apr 23 with 759 viewsFrimleyBlue

So. Where are we going to find on 17:56 - Apr 23 by franz_tyson

Morsy's terrible disciplinary record is worth 30 points at least. But at least it's a pathway to getting the youngsters in the side in his absence. That's a positive, surely.

Apart from we got 9 points out of 12 when he was suspended for 4 games, I think

Waka waka eh eh

So. Where are we going to find on 18:02 - Apr 23 with 748 viewsbilllm

Weissman will be one
So. Where are we going to find on 18:02 - Apr 23 with 746 viewsVeggie

A better midfielder than Bakinson. A better striker than Norwood, Bonne, Piggott. A better left wing back than Thompson.
So. Where are we going to find on 18:05 - Apr 23 with 726 viewsGavTWTD

So. Where are we going to find on 17:55 - Apr 23 by FrimleyBlue

Now thinking we might see some fan favourites go Gav?

You singled out Burns. No. You also don't seem to like Morsy who I think is such a key player. I think you singled out Chaplin also, no. We don't need a massive clearout. LWB, 2xST, 1 x mid. I wouldn't be upset if we lost Celina

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.

So. Where are we going to find on 18:07 - Apr 23 with 695 viewschicoazul

So. Where are we going to find on 17:20 - Apr 23 by Illinoisblue

I think part of the problem is that with the back 3 Thompson Morsy and Bakinson we are pretty static. Hard to break down yes but as a consequence we always have 6 men behind the ball who don’t give much goal threat. I’ve not seen much of Thompson but a Burns type for his position could be the difference. Edwards? Similarly with Bakinson. Harper?
I think we need to somehow get another body further up the pitch.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So. Where are we going to find on 18:08 - Apr 23 with 685 viewsDJR

I think we lack players with the ability to take on and beat a player, especially at pace. We also lack players with composure when in a position to create a chance or to shoot. Jackson has the pace to beat players, and his composure having done so is good. Burns and Chaplin also have the ability to beat players, but their composure having done so can be a bit hit and miss. Morsy can also beat a player, and his composure is good, although he can be a little ponderous. But apart from them, who has the ability to attack the space, or break the line? Without enough such players, I think we will always struggle to create chances or score, and I am sure McKenna is aware of our limitations. I might add that I don't think all our problems would be solved by one or two decent goal scorers, because our strikers rarely get decent service. Indeed, how many tap-ins have we had this season?
[Post edited 23 Apr 2022 18:11]
So. Where are we going to find on 18:15 - Apr 23 with 629 viewsFrimleyBlue

So. Where are we going to find on 18:05 - Apr 23 by GavTWTD

You singled out Burns. No. You also don't seem to like Morsy who I think is such a key player. I think you singled out Chaplin also, no. We don't need a massive clearout. LWB, 2xST, 1 x mid. I wouldn't be upset if we lost Celina

I Very much like Morsy, i've not said otherwise, I said we need to decide if he's to be the box to box midfielder or should sit deeper and have some one else infront as imo Morsy isn't a natural goal scoring CM, so we end up with 2 deep cms.

I also didn't single out Burns personally, our results have shown his importance, BUT we need to have an alternative for when he's not influencing games as he does have some where without the goalscoring he's quite frustrating with his lack of calmness crossing and sometimes he's not capable of getting past his man ( could be achilles linked)

The final 2, Chaplin, nice 2 goals lately, suprised to read his interview recently and how we've used him in his time here.. wasted opportunity?

Celina, he's just one of those who when on it, is a class above, when he's not, it painfully effects our left side, which celina would we be signing?

I just can't see KM sticking with such a final third that's struggled to win games and score goals. as i said in that original post WHICH players make way, I don't know, but i can't imagine it being the same next season.

Waka waka eh eh

So. Where are we going to find on 18:28 - Apr 23 with 583 viewsGavTWTD

So. Where are we going to find on 18:15 - Apr 23 by FrimleyBlue

I Very much like Morsy, i've not said otherwise, I said we need to decide if he's to be the box to box midfielder or should sit deeper and have some one else infront as imo Morsy isn't a natural goal scoring CM, so we end up with 2 deep cms.

I also didn't single out Burns personally, our results have shown his importance, BUT we need to have an alternative for when he's not influencing games as he does have some where without the goalscoring he's quite frustrating with his lack of calmness crossing and sometimes he's not capable of getting past his man ( could be achilles linked)

The final 2, Chaplin, nice 2 goals lately, suprised to read his interview recently and how we've used him in his time here.. wasted opportunity?

Celina, he's just one of those who when on it, is a class above, when he's not, it painfully effects our left side, which celina would we be signing?

I just can't see KM sticking with such a final third that's struggled to win games and score goals. as i said in that original post WHICH players make way, I don't know, but i can't imagine it being the same next season.

You singled out 4 players who weren't good enough in your opinion, fan favourites. Burns was one. Anyway, enjoy your evening, everyone.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024