Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season is over - chill. Onto more important things, Botanist and Moloko review. 18:01 - Apr 23 with 1530 viewsLord_Lucan

Popped into Botanist today for a snout and a spot of lunch. They were only dealing with pre books so just had a couple of coffees, went to pay only to be advised they were on the house. Sat outside so never had much of a gander but all in all it looks really nice.

Unsure of where to eat we went on RKD's recommendation of Moloko for a bit of Tapas. It was very lively and full of ladies that lunch.

They do a set of three Tapas dishes for £15 (choose from about 12) and then a load of add ons from main menu if desired. We went for the riff raff x 2 plus 3 extra and it was more than enough - possibly too much.

So - 9 dishes plus a basket of bread with aioli was £59

Probably my best recent local meal and I include Unruly Pig and Mariners

Quite honestly it was 10/10.

Check it out Tw4tders

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Season is over - chill. Onto more important things, Botanist and Moloko review. on 18:46 - Apr 23 with 1420 viewsDubtractor

Moloko sounds good. Do they do many vegetarian or vegan options?

Our group tends to do meals for occasions rather than lairy nights out these days, but there are a disproportionate number of meat avoiders amongst us.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Season is over - chill. Onto more important things, Botanist and Moloko review. on 19:08 - Apr 23 with 1376 viewsLord_Lucan

Season is over - chill. Onto more important things, Botanist and Moloko review. on 18:46 - Apr 23 by Dubtractor

Moloko sounds good. Do they do many vegetarian or vegan options?

Our group tends to do meals for occasions rather than lairy nights out these days, but there are a disproportionate number of meat avoiders amongst us.

To be honest I can't say my eyes browsed over the veggy bit but I seem to think they might have had a fair section.

Do they eat fish? lots of fish obviously. We had Sardines, fish stew and prawn skewers - oh, we also had a fecking giant mushroom in a nice tomato based sauce and covered with melted cheese which was one of the best dishes. Oh, we also had deep fried goats cheese in breadcrumbs which was both substantial and tasty - plus the obligatory potato bravas.

I think the fussy feckers will be ok. The menu is bigger than the online menu.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

[Redacted] on 20:08 - Apr 23 with 1301 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Season is over - chill. Onto more important things, Botanist and Moloko review. on 20:30 - Apr 23 with 1257 viewsLord_Lucan

[Redacted] on 20:08 - Apr 23 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Not cheap, £59 for two?

What planet are you on RD?

[Redacted] on 20:38 - Apr 23 with 1236 viewsvictorywilhappen

Season is over - chill. Onto more important things, Botanist and Moloko review. on 20:30 - Apr 23 by Lord_Lucan

Not cheap, £59 for two?

What planet are you on RD?

[Redacted]
Season is over - chill. Onto more important things, Botanist and Moloko review. on 21:58 - Apr 23 with 1138 viewsLord_Lucan

[Redacted] on 20:38 - Apr 23 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Planet Leipzig then!

Season is over - chill. Onto more important things, Botanist and Moloko review. on 00:47 - Apr 24 with 1019 viewsJakeITFC

I haven’t eaten at Moloko (have had plenty of cocktails though), but find it hard to believe it’s better than the Unruly Pig. Will give it a go soon.

I’m just back from the Ledbury - absolutely incredible meal, but not much change from £400.
Season is over - chill. Onto more important things, Botanist and Moloko review. on 07:39 - Apr 24 with 918 viewssolomon

Would say the in unruly pig is starting to disappear up it’s own backside a bit.
Login to get fewer ads

Season is over - chill. Onto more important things, Botanist and Moloko review. on 10:36 - Apr 24 with 820 viewsLord_Lucan

Season is over - chill. Onto more important things, Botanist and Moloko review. on 00:47 - Apr 24 by JakeITFC

I haven’t eaten at Moloko (have had plenty of cocktails though), but find it hard to believe it’s better than the Unruly Pig. Will give it a go soon.

I’m just back from the Ledbury - absolutely incredible meal, but not much change from £400.

"Better" is subjective really isn't it. Unruly Pig is fine dining and wouldn't have tolerated the noise from a large table at the back and the staff wouldn't have had tomato stains on their uniforms.

....but to me it was more enjoyable and tasted better. That said, I love a bit of Spanish type food and like the more casual dining experience. It's also fair to say that as an old growler who smokes and drinks a lot my palette may be a bit knackered and it's likely that the sort of food in The Unruly Pig is a bit subtle.

That said, I really wasn't blown away with my last Pig meal.

I hear you have taken a shine to Copenhagen? I only went there once and that was when my plane went technical so it was grounded there. The following day I had to fly to Sweden and then Finland before flying to my final destination! It could have been worse, half of the plane had to fly back in the morning to Heathrow.

Anyhoo, I didn't get a chance to sample Copenhagen nightlife but next to Koh Samui I think Copenhagen airport is the finest I have been to - with it's parquet floors and all that.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2022 10:38]

Season is over - chill. Onto more important things, Botanist and Moloko review. on 11:17 - Apr 24 with 778 viewsJakeITFC

Season is over - chill. Onto more important things, Botanist and Moloko review. on 10:36 - Apr 24 by Lord_Lucan

"Better" is subjective really isn't it. Unruly Pig is fine dining and wouldn't have tolerated the noise from a large table at the back and the staff wouldn't have had tomato stains on their uniforms.

....but to me it was more enjoyable and tasted better. That said, I love a bit of Spanish type food and like the more casual dining experience. It's also fair to say that as an old growler who smokes and drinks a lot my palette may be a bit knackered and it's likely that the sort of food in The Unruly Pig is a bit subtle.

That said, I really wasn't blown away with my last Pig meal.

I hear you have taken a shine to Copenhagen? I only went there once and that was when my plane went technical so it was grounded there. The following day I had to fly to Sweden and then Finland before flying to my final destination! It could have been worse, half of the plane had to fly back in the morning to Heathrow.

Anyhoo, I didn't get a chance to sample Copenhagen nightlife but next to Koh Samui I think Copenhagen airport is the finest I have been to - with it's parquet floors and all that.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2022 10:38]

Yeah I’ve been a couple of times now, most recently over Easter. Perfect city break destination I reckon - short flight, airport is right next to the city, incredible restaurants and great nightlife. Got a couple of trips to Dam in the next couple of months too so I’ll go and say hi to Frank!
Season is over - chill. Onto more important things, Botanist and Moloko review. on 12:00 - Apr 24 with 734 viewsLord_Lucan

Season is over - chill. Onto more important things, Botanist and Moloko review. on 11:17 - Apr 24 by JakeITFC

Yeah I’ve been a couple of times now, most recently over Easter. Perfect city break destination I reckon - short flight, airport is right next to the city, incredible restaurants and great nightlife. Got a couple of trips to Dam in the next couple of months too so I’ll go and say hi to Frank!

Frank is no longer where he was - had a row with the Big Boss!

I might be back over there end of May but I'm missing KD for the first time in about 20 years.

Season is over - chill. Onto more important things, Botanist and Moloko review. on 13:45 - Apr 24 with 672 viewschicoazul

Season is over - chill. Onto more important things, Botanist and Moloko review. on 11:17 - Apr 24 by JakeITFC

Copenhagen is great but like all Scandi destinations punishingly expensive.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Season is over - chill. Onto more important things, Botanist and Moloko review. on 14:17 - Apr 24 with 619 viewsJakeITFC

Season is over - chill. Onto more important things, Botanist and Moloko review. on 13:45 - Apr 24 by chicoazul

Copenhagen is great but like all Scandi destinations punishingly expensive.

I’m doing Helsinki in July so am bracing myself for that already.
Season is over - chill. Onto more important things, Botanist and Moloko review. on 14:20 - Apr 24 with 613 viewschicoazul

Season is over - chill. Onto more important things, Botanist and Moloko review. on 14:17 - Apr 24 by JakeITFC

I’m doing Helsinki in July so am bracing myself for that already.

Enjoy! They do love a drink over there but it’s about a tenner a beer from memory.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024