Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where does Bonne's career go from here? 09:49 - Apr 24 with 4507 viewsbluesym

Real shame that the move hasn't worked out for him,certainly looked like he could be the answer in the first quarter of the season. I'm assuming he's on a decent wack at QPR but doesn't really look anywhere near championship standard and with a year left on his deal there, I'm guessing maybe another loan move to a league one club next season?

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Where does Bonne's career go from here? on 09:52 - Apr 24 with 3703 viewsVeggie

Under Cook he looked amazing. Sometimes systems just don’t suit certain players. Look at Piggott and Will Keane as examples. I’m sure he’ll probably move on and do well elsewhere.

Sometimes we need to look at our system and ask whether there’s an issue there, because these strikers that struggle here often do better at other clubs. We don’t appear to create enough clear cut chances for a striker at the moment. I hope KM knows why and is working towards solving the problem.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2022 9:53]
Where does Bonne's career go from here? on 09:54 - Apr 24 with 3677 viewsSharkey

Back to Charlton? ( What did he do there that made QPR splash out? )
Where does Bonne's career go from here? on 09:56 - Apr 24 with 3673 viewswkj

Bonne won't have an issue scoring goal next season. The change in shape and style didn't suit his playing style. Still a wonderful player, just not the puzzle piece we need under KM

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Where does Bonne's career go from here? on 10:05 - Apr 24 with 3611 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Where does Bonne's career go from here? on 09:52 - Apr 24 by Veggie

Under Cook he looked amazing. Sometimes systems just don’t suit certain players. Look at Piggott and Will Keane as examples. I’m sure he’ll probably move on and do well elsewhere.

Sometimes we need to look at our system and ask whether there’s an issue there, because these strikers that struggle here often do better at other clubs. We don’t appear to create enough clear cut chances for a striker at the moment. I hope KM knows why and is working towards solving the problem.

He looked great under Cook until middle of October, and then he didn't, scoring 1 in 10, in exactly the same system.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Where does Bonne's career go from here? on 10:09 - Apr 24 with 3572 viewsbluesym

Where does Bonne's career go from here? on 10:05 - Apr 24 by Cheltenham_Blue

He looked great under Cook until middle of October, and then he didn't, scoring 1 in 10, in exactly the same system.

Well quite. Its not like myself or any town fan should take Any delight in how Bonnes season here panned out,but I have seen nothing from him since his purple patch at the start of the season to suggest he is likely to bag a huge amount of goals next season.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Where does Bonne's career go from here? on 10:23 - Apr 24 with 3489 viewsmr_bean

I think a big issue is that he's constantly offside. You would have thought that they'd be working with him on the training ground to eradicate that annoying aspect of his game.

Is it a failure of the coaching, or is the offside tendency too engrained within Bonne himself?
Where does Bonne's career go from here? on 10:31 - Apr 24 with 3414 viewsFrimleyBlue

We won't know 100% how it effected things. But purely based on goals and output, everything dried up when he had a personal situation to try to cope with, which must have been horrible.

I wouldn't personally take him back. But I also wouldn't be surprised if we do.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Where does Bonne's career go from here? on 10:53 - Apr 24 with 3370 viewsBluearmy71

Back here next season on a permanent deal from Q,P. R and much cheaper than had his scoring form continued.

I don't think it right to say it hasn't worked out for him, yeah the goals dried up for him but as any decent striker will tell you its not all about the goals they score any decent manager and we have a very decent manager will tell you the same, :)
Login to get fewer ads

Where does Bonne's career go from here? on 11:09 - Apr 24 with 3299 viewsFrimleyBlue

Where does Bonne's career go from here? on 10:53 - Apr 24 by Bluearmy71

Back here next season on a permanent deal from Q,P. R and much cheaper than had his scoring form continued.

I don't think it right to say it hasn't worked out for him, yeah the goals dried up for him but as any decent striker will tell you its not all about the goals they score any decent manager and we have a very decent manager will tell you the same, :)

It hasn't worked out tho. He's on the bench most games...

Waka waka eh eh

Where does Bonne's career go from here? on 11:10 - Apr 24 with 3318 viewsJon_456

Where does Bonne's career go from here? on 10:53 - Apr 24 by Bluearmy71

You can get away with not scoring goals as a striker if you’re contributing elsewhere.

Unfortunately the only time you really notice Bonne on the pitch is when he’s flagged for offside.
Where does Bonne's career go from here? on 12:39 - Apr 24 with 3121 viewsWickets

Where does Bonne's career go from here? on 09:52 - Apr 24 by Veggie

Yes we have to agree with your comments i think . We have a lot of the ball but usually lots of it is miles from the opponents goal and when we get forward all too often we dont get men into there box just the loan striker . When we do get runners into their box we look dangerous but for me its not often enough . I want to see us playing with a lot more tempo and a bit more passion .
Where does Bonne's career go from here? on 12:45 - Apr 24 with 3047 viewsFrimleyBlue

We had fraser in the side then spraying the ball round, getting burns in deep to the byline who then put it on a plate for bonne to tap home.

We also know since KM has come in, the teaching is of our crosses to be played 'back'into the area rather than across goal, bonne was always in the right place right time. Look atthe Wolfenden run the other day... bonne pretty much ran to the goal line waiting for the ball to be drilled across. Morsy was asking for the ball to be played to the edge of the box. Wolfenden was then caught on how best to play the ball.

I think many things have changed since Bonne was in the side before Xmas.

Waka waka eh eh

Where does Bonne's career go from here? on 17:31 - Apr 24 with 2669 viewsSheffordBlue

Where does Bonne's career go from here? on 10:23 - Apr 24 by mr_bean

I think a big issue is that he's constantly offside. You would have thought that they'd be working with him on the training ground to eradicate that annoying aspect of his game.

Is it a failure of the coaching, or is the offside tendency too engrained within Bonne himself?

The first few games under McK he didn't get caught offside at all - then he seemed to go back to his old habits

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Where does Bonne's career go from here? on 17:39 - Apr 24 with 2631 viewsParisBlue

27 in October so probably on a downward trajectory. I can't see QPR needing him especially after some of the comments in Jan. He's probably league 1 standard, or maybe a lower championship team as a backup.

Its an odd one, just shows how quickly things can change.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Where does Bonne's career go from here? on 17:42 - Apr 24 with 2618 viewsjayessess

He's hit double figures for goals in 4 of the last 5 seasons, once in the Championship. He's also been a decent link man and line leader for the most part.

He'll find somewhere for sure, maybe higher up the EFL than us even.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Where does Bonne's career go from here? on 17:54 - Apr 24 with 2592 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’m a bit surprised McK hasn’t used him more. Some of his goals earlier in the season were excellent, so he’s clearly got the ability. I’d have thought it would have been worth persevering with him to try and get him back into form. But W I’m sure McK knows better than me!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Where does Bonne's career go from here? on 15:07 - Apr 25 with 2123 viewsBlueBlood90

I'd be absolutely made up for him if he scored in his final appearance at PR on Saturday.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Where does Bonne's career go from here? on 15:19 - Apr 25 with 2050 viewsJ2BLUE

Another league one loan I guess. Hopefully not to a rival.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Where does Bonne's career go from here? on 15:23 - Apr 25 with 2024 viewsBiGDonnie

I still hope we sign him but not sure we will, unfortunately.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Where does Bonne's career go from here? on 16:08 - Apr 25 with 1933 viewsitfcjoe

Yep, another loan to a L1 club unless someone bites the bullet and pays a small fee. Maybe someone like Peterborough may do that as they tried to get him last summer

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Where does Bonne's career go from here? on 16:10 - Apr 25 with 1912 viewsitfcjoe

Where does Bonne's career go from here? on 09:54 - Apr 24 by Sharkey

Back to Charlton? ( What did he do there that made QPR splash out? )

A dozen goals in the Championship for a relegated side

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Where does Bonne's career go from here? on 16:17 - Apr 25 with 1877 viewschicoazul

Weird how people think it’s not worked out for our top scorer this season.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Where does Bonne's career go from here? on 16:22 - Apr 25 with 1864 viewschicoazul

Where does Bonne's career go from here? on 16:08 - Apr 25 by itfcjoe

Yep, another loan to a L1 club unless someone bites the bullet and pays a small fee. Maybe someone like Peterborough may do that as they tried to get him last summer

If he’s available on a small fee I’d absolutely rip their hand off. Bonne is quality scores goals and is a proper Ipswich boy to boot.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Where does Bonne's career go from here? on 16:23 - Apr 25 with 1856 viewstractorboy1978

Where does Bonne's career go from here? on 16:08 - Apr 25 by itfcjoe

25 goals incoming to fire Peterborough to promotion then.
Where does Bonne's career go from here? on 16:38 - Apr 25 with 1805 viewsBluebell

Where does Bonne's career go from here? on 15:19 - Apr 25 by J2BLUE

Another league one loan I guess. Hopefully not to a rival.

If he is in League 1, surely that will be a rival? Or am I being stupid?

I will be sorry to see him go. I feel he has been good for the team. Just a shame he has not had the chances he had at the start of the season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024