Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them 13:32 - Apr 25 with 2701 viewsSmithy

just accept it, you're cr*p, do they really think they are the only ones who haven't had a bad decision this season? IMO it was a blatant dive anyhow, all this feeling sorry for ourselves is only going to end one way, come on Burnley

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61213710

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 13:36 - Apr 25 with 2462 viewsclive_baker

Everton rivalling Liverpool for the most salty award. Next they'll be starting a petition to get the game replayed. Must be something in the water up there.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 13:39 - Apr 25 with 2442 viewsKeno

Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 13:36 - Apr 25 by clive_baker

Everton rivalling Liverpool for the most salty award. Next they'll be starting a petition to get the game replayed. Must be something in the water up there.

In that case can we get the 1975 cup semi replay replayed?

only maybe this time have a proper unbiased ref rather than that cheating b'stard ********** **** of a welsh ********* **** *******

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 13:46 - Apr 25 with 2387 viewsMattinLondon

In the totally unrealistic desire of seeing Liverpool get relegated, Everton will do.
Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 13:47 - Apr 25 with 2377 viewsBlueBlood90

Mane definitely should have been sent off though. Mind you, so should Richarlison.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 13:48 - Apr 25 with 2369 viewsJ2BLUE

Probably because he did the most pathetic dive ever seen a bit earlier?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 14:12 - Apr 25 with 2271 viewsGarv

Lampard really disappointed me post match when he suggested there was even a hint of a foul with the first one (Keita was it?). Gordon should face a ban for going over like that and his manager should call him out.

The audacity to be so vocal for a penalty for another incident after the first one is bold.

The Matip one, possibly a foul and maybe they're hard done by. But it's not a blatant and plenty of those don't get given, whether it's being played at Anfield or one of the many sheds they call stadiums in L1. The bigger picture is you don't want to see penalties given for those types of incidents.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 14:30 - Apr 25 with 2175 viewsGarv

Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 13:47 - Apr 25 by BlueBlood90

Mane definitely should have been sent off though. Mind you, so should Richarlison.

Why?

Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 14:45 - Apr 25 with 2102 viewsSTYG

Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 14:12 - Apr 25 by Garv

Lampard really disappointed me post match when he suggested there was even a hint of a foul with the first one (Keita was it?). Gordon should face a ban for going over like that and his manager should call him out.

The audacity to be so vocal for a penalty for another incident after the first one is bold.

The Matip one, possibly a foul and maybe they're hard done by. But it's not a blatant and plenty of those don't get given, whether it's being played at Anfield or one of the many sheds they call stadiums in L1. The bigger picture is you don't want to see penalties given for those types of incidents.

Never warmed to Lampard. I know a lot of people claimed him as this intellectual, wonderful mind but thought the whole Stop Crying Frank Lampard thing he joined in with mocking Leeds and pretending to cry just suggested otherwise. There have been some really unprofessional dim managers in the game that didn't stoop to that. Just rise above it.

Since he's been at Chelsea and Everton, he's done very little to impress, never been magnanimous in defeat and seems to constantly blame everyone.

Hell of a midfielder mind.
Login to get fewer ads

Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 14:58 - Apr 25 with 2050 viewsBlueBlood90

Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 14:30 - Apr 25 by Garv

Why?

If you mean why should Mane have been sent off then it's because he tried to poke Mason Holgate in the eye and then slapped Allan in the face but only got one yellow for the two incidents. To not even look at VAR was bizarre.

Richarlison then kicked out into Henderson's knee so I'm surprised that wasn't given as a straight red.

Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 15:45 - Apr 25 with 1922 viewshoppy

Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 14:45 - Apr 25 by STYG

Never warmed to Lampard. I know a lot of people claimed him as this intellectual, wonderful mind but thought the whole Stop Crying Frank Lampard thing he joined in with mocking Leeds and pretending to cry just suggested otherwise. There have been some really unprofessional dim managers in the game that didn't stoop to that. Just rise above it.

Since he's been at Chelsea and Everton, he's done very little to impress, never been magnanimous in defeat and seems to constantly blame everyone.

I think the problem is, Lampard and Gerrard can't both manage in the same division, so one of them has to go...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 16:08 - Apr 25 with 1842 viewsSTYG

Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 15:45 - Apr 25 by hoppy

I think the problem is, Lampard and Gerrard can't both manage in the same division, so one of them has to go...

What we really need is Sven to take over the EFL and try and shoe horn them in.

Possibly get Trevor Sinclair in at Fleetwood too. Maybe even Beckham in at Bolton.
Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 16:40 - Apr 25 with 1754 viewsMattinLondon

Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 16:08 - Apr 25 by STYG

What we really need is Sven to take over the EFL and try and shoe horn them in.

Possibly get Trevor Sinclair in at Fleetwood too. Maybe even Beckham in at Bolton.

Still annoys me that successive managers couldn’t get Lampard and Gerrard to play together. Too embedded with the 4-4-2 formation. That generation of players should have at least got to a major final.
Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 16:47 - Apr 25 with 1733 viewsSTYG

Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 16:40 - Apr 25 by MattinLondon

Still annoys me that successive managers couldn’t get Lampard and Gerrard to play together. Too embedded with the 4-4-2 formation. That generation of players should have at least got to a major final.

Seaman, Campbell, Ferdinand, Neville, Cole, Lampard, Scholes, Gerrard, Beckham, Owen, Shearer. All legitimate world class players around that era and you should be able to get 8-9 of them in a side comfortably.

Was a crime that we didn't do more with them.
Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 17:41 - Apr 25 with 1661 viewsChrisd

Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 14:12 - Apr 25 by Garv

Yes, I felt the same about the first one there’s no foul there. However, the second one was good wing play by the young lad to get behind Matip and there’s clearly a push on him to go over, if that happened to one of our players, I’d be expecting a spot kick. All the nonsense about the Everton lad diving around is utter garbage, judge each incident separately. How it didn’t even go to VAR was even more ludicrous.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 10:39 - Apr 26 with 1238 viewsGarv

Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 14:58 - Apr 25 by BlueBlood90

If you mean why should Mane have been sent off then it's because he tried to poke Mason Holgate in the eye and then slapped Allan in the face but only got one yellow for the two incidents. To not even look at VAR was bizarre.

Richarlison then kicked out into Henderson's knee so I'm surprised that wasn't given as a straight red.

Any instances where VAR doesn't get involved is a victory for football in my eyes.

Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 10:57 - Apr 26 with 1170 viewsBlueBlood90

Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 10:39 - Apr 26 by Garv

Any instances where VAR doesn't get involved is a victory for football in my eyes.

Very much agreed!

Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 11:53 - Apr 26 with 1109 viewsChurchman

Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 14:45 - Apr 25 by STYG

Agree with this. One heck of a footballer, but in my view there’s nothing to suggest he has the attributes to be a good football manager
Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 12:34 - Apr 26 with 1044 viewsjayessess

Can't help but feel that Lampard as "intellectual" was just good old-fashioned class prejudice - ie. he went to private school, speaks a little more middle class than most footballers, therefore he's a thinker.

(Weirdly doesn't seem to work like that for our own public school boy...)

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 13:38 - Apr 26 with 960 viewsmutters

Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 13:46 - Apr 25 by MattinLondon

In the totally unrealistic desire of seeing Liverpool get relegated, Everton will do.

What's the beef with Liverpool? I have never really understood the hatred towards them. I lived up that way for a number of years and always found the locals (both blue and red) to be really nice and decent people.

Is it due to the success of the 70s/80s?

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 13:44 - Apr 26 with 948 viewsBonneNIL

Lampard is quickly becoming another merry-go-round manager with no final product, he's had 3 clubs already, one is one of the biggest clubs in the world and still he's done sweet fa'. He jumped into bed with Chelsea far too early and is destined to become another Mark Hughes or Steve Bruce type appointment, top-level players, garbage managers.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 13:46 - Apr 26 with 941 viewswkj

Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 13:44 - Apr 26 by BonneNIL

Lampard is quickly becoming another merry-go-round manager with no final product, he's had 3 clubs already, one is one of the biggest clubs in the world and still he's done sweet fa'. He jumped into bed with Chelsea far too early and is destined to become another Mark Hughes or Steve Bruce type appointment, top-level players, garbage managers.

Lampard was never the golden child of management. His stature put him in two jobs that he did okay in, but did not dazzle. He's fast turning into Tim Sherwood, who also didn't earn his stripes in management before getting top jobs.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 13:47 - Apr 26 with 940 viewsSTYG

Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 13:44 - Apr 26 by BonneNIL

Bruce has had about five promotions hasn't he? There was a time a decade ago where any Championship club that hired him was as good as up.

Fair to say he looks well past his best now. Not really fair to lump him in with the other merry-go-round managers, even if I am happy (never forgot 1985) that he's now failing at West Brom.
Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 13:55 - Apr 26 with 923 viewsBonneNIL

Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 13:47 - Apr 26 by STYG

Bruce has had about five promotions hasn't he? There was a time a decade ago where any Championship club that hired him was as good as up.

Fair to say he looks well past his best now. Not really fair to lump him in with the other merry-go-round managers, even if I am happy (never forgot 1985) that he's now failing at West Brom.

To be honest, he's been at so many clubs the only thing I remember him of note was turning Brum into a kicking side that got them promoted and into a bang average Premiership team, stuff we'd dream of at this stage but after that, he's been at everyone and I don't know who he has taken up or not.

Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 13:58 - Apr 26 with 911 viewsSTYG

Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 13:55 - Apr 26 by BonneNIL

To be honest, he's been at so many clubs the only thing I remember him of note was turning Brum into a kicking side that got them promoted and into a bang average Premiership team, stuff we'd dream of at this stage but after that, he's been at everyone and I don't know who he has taken up or not.

I am probably wrong here, but think he took Villa and Hull up as well. Possibly Palace? Or was it Palace he left after a short while to go to Birmingham to take them up?

One thing I do know. He isn't taking West Brom up this season.
Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 13:59 - Apr 26 with 911 viewsBonneNIL

Everton and Lampard really trying to turn everyone against them on 13:55 - Apr 26 by BonneNIL

Just looked it up, he's had 4 promotions since 1998 (thats 24 years), two with Brum, two with Hull, and that Hull side he had was also awful and nothing to shout about in terms of footballing quality. He's hardly someone I would name as a good manager.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024