Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. 17:42 - Apr 25 with 413824 viewsEireannach_gorm

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/25/evidence-ukraine-women-raped-befor

https://www.wsj.com/articles/russia-turned-a-bucha-building-into-an-execution-si
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 17:23 - May 24 with 6883 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 00:43 - May 21 by Swansea_Blue

“It reads as if in Russia, people believe and follow what they told“. It’s easy to understand how that happens. We see a bit of it here, with the press inventing false enemies ‘attacking’ us - refugees, the EU… Imagine if we were in a real war, the nationalistic propaganda and chest thumping would be off the charts. And people would continue to fall for it.

There are lots of brave Russians who see through Putin’s lies, but whether there are enough of them to have an impact I’ve no idea. Let’s hope so.

They are too busy posting on FC Lokomotiv Moscow's website to be noticed beyond it.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 19:30 - May 25 with 6766 viewsChurchman

It looks like Russia are trawling for volunteers for their army. Given they’ve only lost a couple of 1000 soldiers, if they are to be believed, it seems odd that they need to do that.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/5/25/russian-duma-backs-bill-to-scrap-milita

On another tack, I see their main tv show have been up to their usual classy stuff.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10853953/Putin-TV-puppets-joke-Ukraine-

Hard to know what to make of these people. Weird.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 01:15 - May 26 with 6725 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 19:30 - May 25 by Churchman

It looks like Russia are trawling for volunteers for their army. Given they’ve only lost a couple of 1000 soldiers, if they are to be believed, it seems odd that they need to do that.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/5/25/russian-duma-backs-bill-to-scrap-milita

On another tack, I see their main tv show have been up to their usual classy stuff.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10853953/Putin-TV-puppets-joke-Ukraine-

Hard to know what to make of these people. Weird.

Putin may have to declare war to get enough troops.

https://www.businessinsider.com/russia-recruitment-offices-suffer-mysterious-ars
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 07:24 - May 26 with 6684 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 01:15 - May 26 by Eireannach_gorm

Putin may have to declare war to get enough troops.

https://www.businessinsider.com/russia-recruitment-offices-suffer-mysterious-ars

I think that depends on how many ‘volunteers’ he gets. He will easily get as many as he needs, I’d have thought. My guess is that if you are in the age category and are on ‘the list’, you will willingly volunteer if the alternative is unemployment, a heart attack or the gulag. Conscription by another name.

There’s nothing wrong with using weight of numbers. Most successful armies do it, especially when invading somewhere (e.g. Eisenhower at DDay) - or liberating Ukraine if you are Russian. It’s surprising to see Russia do this in the 21st century and very telling.

Putin is playing the long game and he can get away with it while he controls the narrative, hides his losses and enjoys mass support. But for how long?
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 10:28 - May 26 with 6654 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 07:24 - May 26 by Churchman

I think that depends on how many ‘volunteers’ he gets. He will easily get as many as he needs, I’d have thought. My guess is that if you are in the age category and are on ‘the list’, you will willingly volunteer if the alternative is unemployment, a heart attack or the gulag. Conscription by another name.

There’s nothing wrong with using weight of numbers. Most successful armies do it, especially when invading somewhere (e.g. Eisenhower at DDay) - or liberating Ukraine if you are Russian. It’s surprising to see Russia do this in the 21st century and very telling.

Putin is playing the long game and he can get away with it while he controls the narrative, hides his losses and enjoys mass support. But for how long?

Clearly getting more difficult to get 'volunteers'. While the older cohort believe the propaganda it is obvious that the younger and potential cannon fodder section of the community are more savvy about what is happening. Defending your country is one thing but there is little incentive to go and die for a n expansionist dictator.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 13:26 - May 26 with 6631 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 10:28 - May 26 by Eireannach_gorm

Clearly getting more difficult to get 'volunteers'. While the older cohort believe the propaganda it is obvious that the younger and potential cannon fodder section of the community are more savvy about what is happening. Defending your country is one thing but there is little incentive to go and die for a n expansionist dictator.

I’m imagining the recruitment drive - ‘Tank drivers wanted!’ ‘See the world’ - from varying heights depending on how many shells are in the turret at the time.

I agree, the young will be more savvy about what’s happening which is why I suspect ‘volunteers’ will be a euphemism for conscription.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 18:03 - May 26 with 6592 viewsEireannach_gorm

Propaganda goes mobile in Mariupol.

I assume it has to be mobile because it cant be viewed in homes in the city.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 13:05 - May 27 with 6531 viewsEireannach_gorm

Login to get fewer ads

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 16:49 - May 27 with 6486 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 13:26 - May 26 by Churchman

I’m imagining the recruitment drive - ‘Tank drivers wanted!’ ‘See the world’ - from varying heights depending on how many shells are in the turret at the time.

I agree, the young will be more savvy about what’s happening which is why I suspect ‘volunteers’ will be a euphemism for conscription.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/05/26/russia-confirms-sacking-100-servicemen
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 22:45 - May 27 with 6440 viewsEireannach_gorm

Brave Russian fighters ridding Ukraine of white goods.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 23:09 - May 27 with 6435 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 22:45 - May 27 by Eireannach_gorm

Brave Russian fighters ridding Ukraine of white goods.

....... and also Nazi farm machinery.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/05/01/europe/russia-farm-vehicles-ukraine-disabled-
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. (n/t) on 23:18 - May 27 with 6433 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 23:09 - May 27 by Eireannach_gorm

....... and also Nazi farm machinery.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/05/01/europe/russia-farm-vehicles-ukraine-disabled-

The Russian call it spoils of war. I call it stripping the country bare or plain old theft
[Post edited 27 May 2022 23:19]
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 12:51 - May 28 with 6341 viewsChurchman

Ukraine war tiredness.

It’s interesting that Russia is making significant progress now in swallowing the eastern part of Ukraine. Towns are beginning to fall and the remains of Ukraine’s army will have to withdraw to avoid annihilation. It’s been another good week for Russia. And nobody’s interested now.

It looks to me like the US and the west have given up on Zelenski and co and the policy is slow death for them and attrition for the Russian army.

The world needs Russia’s energy and grain and Putin knows this. When Ukraine is finished it’ll be hand wringing, teeth sucking, blame, dewy eyes, shiny lapel badges, suits, big flags and polished lecterns. The only countries truly interested in stopping Russia are its neighbours. I include U.K. in the disinterested. It’s guarantees when Ukraine gave up nuclear counted for nothing and Cameron sold it down the river when Crimea was stolen.

Johnson is only talking tough and emptying the toy cupboard of stuff it doesn’t need any more (defence cuts) because he’s screwed everything else up and trying to look like a statesman. Failed politicians always do that. I doubt he gives a hoot, any more than Biden does. I bet the Germans are oiling the Nord 2 taps as we speak and France optics manufacture for Putins replacement tanks are in full swing.

Sanctions? Yep as ever they’re totally ineffective. In the news today Russia expects this year to receive an additional $14bn in additional oil and gas revenues. The money just keeps rolling in.

It’s very sad. I feel so sorry for Zelensky and his magnificent, brave countrymen.
[Post edited 28 May 2022 13:04]
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 23:56 - May 28 with 6265 viewsEireannach_gorm

Liverpool lose a football match, this girl loses her family.

https://medium.com/@asadovyy/unbroken-the-girl-who-survived-e09412ebb5c6
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 08:47 - May 29 with 6214 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 23:56 - May 28 by Eireannach_gorm

Liverpool lose a football match, this girl loses her family.

https://medium.com/@asadovyy/unbroken-the-girl-who-survived-e09412ebb5c6

That’s a proper perspective.

I see Macron and the weedy German bloke had a cozy chat with Vladimir yesterday.

Macron asked Zelenski to make concessions a couple of weeks ago to help Putin save face. Concessions = surrender or give up territory. Given Zelenski rightly said no and the Russian military successes of the past week or two, Putin doesn’t need to discuss anything with anybody, so I wonder what the chat was about?
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 09:00 - May 29 with 6203 viewsjeera

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 08:47 - May 29 by Churchman

That’s a proper perspective.

I see Macron and the weedy German bloke had a cozy chat with Vladimir yesterday.

Macron asked Zelenski to make concessions a couple of weeks ago to help Putin save face. Concessions = surrender or give up territory. Given Zelenski rightly said no and the Russian military successes of the past week or two, Putin doesn’t need to discuss anything with anybody, so I wonder what the chat was about?

Internationally things do seem to have gone quiet.

It's sickening but it feels like Ukraine has been left to its inevitable demise.

Those defending must be shattered beyond belief.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 09:07 - May 29 with 6200 viewsBloomBlue

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 09:00 - May 29 by jeera

Internationally things do seem to have gone quiet.

It's sickening but it feels like Ukraine has been left to its inevitable demise.

Those defending must be shattered beyond belief.

Putin knows front page news in the West changes quickly and Ukraine would soon drop from the front to a small piece on page 6.
I don't watch GMTV but apparently they gave more airtime to Monkeypox last week than the Ukraine war.

Putin also knew the price of oil/gas would eventually change people's minds.. ie 'we want cheap fuel back'.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 00:24 - May 30 with 6117 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 09:07 - May 29 by BloomBlue

Putin knows front page news in the West changes quickly and Ukraine would soon drop from the front to a small piece on page 6.
I don't watch GMTV but apparently they gave more airtime to Monkeypox last week than the Ukraine war.

Putin also knew the price of oil/gas would eventually change people's minds.. ie 'we want cheap fuel back'.

Just watched this documentary on Sky News this evening and when the list of Putin's atrocities to keep him in power are listed it shows what a megalomaniac he is. There was a comment made by a contributor that as the poisoning and murder of opponents became more and more brazen people shrugged and accepted that thats just what he does.

Got me thinking about Trump and Johnson and several similar megalomaniac's behaviour. Seems it is now standard operating procedure to retain power.

This is a good insight to Putin and Ukraine.

https://news.sky.com/story/vladimir-putins-obsession-why-russias-leader-is-so-fi
[Post edited 30 May 2022 1:02]
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 08:16 - May 30 with 6050 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 00:24 - May 30 by Eireannach_gorm

Just watched this documentary on Sky News this evening and when the list of Putin's atrocities to keep him in power are listed it shows what a megalomaniac he is. There was a comment made by a contributor that as the poisoning and murder of opponents became more and more brazen people shrugged and accepted that thats just what he does.

Got me thinking about Trump and Johnson and several similar megalomaniac's behaviour. Seems it is now standard operating procedure to retain power.

This is a good insight to Putin and Ukraine.

https://news.sky.com/story/vladimir-putins-obsession-why-russias-leader-is-so-fi
[Post edited 30 May 2022 1:02]

It is scary how quickly people accept the abnormal and wrong as normal and acceptable. You are right about the abdominal standards in public life demonstrated by in particular Johnson and Trump too. Add in Macron with his disgraceful behaviour over vaccines that led to so many unnecessary deaths and I just see incompetence and brazen desire to retain power at any cost. Lies, falsehoods, murder, consequences, corruption, bags of roubles. Who cares? It’s what they do. Sickens me.

I can see now the ‘Putin’s not so bad’, ‘isn’t it good the price of fuel down’, ‘maybe Ukraine is Russia anyway’ etc etc headlines. A surrender painted as a victory for peace, a nod and a wink with a blind eye to the atrocities as the stopcock on Nord2 squeaks open and Johnson gives another bit of ermine to a Russian ‘friend’. Back to normal. You can see the acceptance of Putin’s crimes in the lack of interest in the western world growing now and that includes the leaders.

There is no way that Scholz and Macron should have been talking with Putin. Unless it’s about postwar resumption of trade, there’s nothing to talk about.

According to he BBC ‘Ukrainian forces face a crucial decision about whether to try and save Severodonetsk - which he said would soon be surrounded on all sides - or withdraw to safer ground further west’. Ukraine is losing its industrial area. If Russia can finish that, take Odessa or surround/starve it, it’ll have the coast, access to Moldova and Ukraine will be utterly isolated and pretty much dismembered.
[Post edited 30 May 2022 8:26]
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 10:28 - May 30 with 6018 viewsEireannach_gorm

Nice comparison here.

..... But it gets even better......

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 12:12 - May 30 with 5981 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 10:28 - May 30 by Eireannach_gorm

Nice comparison here.

..... But it gets even better......

Hilarious. It’s all smoke and mirrors for the strongman isn’t it. As long as the pictures and the lies they put out fit the message, the job is a good ‘un.

I’m not too sure of the Russian photo-stooge’s jimjams. Reminded me of the ones British wounded were given in WW1. The fact that the Russian was wearing a green t shirt under his top is a bit of a giveaway.. I suppose it’ll work for russki domestic consumption.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 15:38 - May 30 with 5949 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 12:12 - May 30 by Churchman

Hilarious. It’s all smoke and mirrors for the strongman isn’t it. As long as the pictures and the lies they put out fit the message, the job is a good ‘un.

I’m not too sure of the Russian photo-stooge’s jimjams. Reminded me of the ones British wounded were given in WW1. The fact that the Russian was wearing a green t shirt under his top is a bit of a giveaway.. I suppose it’ll work for russki domestic consumption.

Putin will find it difficult to smoke and mirror his way out of this one.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 19:58 - May 30 with 5915 viewsbluejacko

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 12:51 - May 28 by Churchman

Ukraine war tiredness.

It’s interesting that Russia is making significant progress now in swallowing the eastern part of Ukraine. Towns are beginning to fall and the remains of Ukraine’s army will have to withdraw to avoid annihilation. It’s been another good week for Russia. And nobody’s interested now.

It looks to me like the US and the west have given up on Zelenski and co and the policy is slow death for them and attrition for the Russian army.

The world needs Russia’s energy and grain and Putin knows this. When Ukraine is finished it’ll be hand wringing, teeth sucking, blame, dewy eyes, shiny lapel badges, suits, big flags and polished lecterns. The only countries truly interested in stopping Russia are its neighbours. I include U.K. in the disinterested. It’s guarantees when Ukraine gave up nuclear counted for nothing and Cameron sold it down the river when Crimea was stolen.

Johnson is only talking tough and emptying the toy cupboard of stuff it doesn’t need any more (defence cuts) because he’s screwed everything else up and trying to look like a statesman. Failed politicians always do that. I doubt he gives a hoot, any more than Biden does. I bet the Germans are oiling the Nord 2 taps as we speak and France optics manufacture for Putins replacement tanks are in full swing.

Sanctions? Yep as ever they’re totally ineffective. In the news today Russia expects this year to receive an additional $14bn in additional oil and gas revenues. The money just keeps rolling in.

It’s very sad. I feel so sorry for Zelensky and his magnificent, brave countrymen.
[Post edited 28 May 2022 13:04]

It may seem that they are rolling along but they aren’t! If you are taking the amount of casualties that you have to rise the age of service to 40 and start using 60 yr old T62 tanks I would suggest the situation is very close to burn out for the Orcs!

https://thinpinstripedline.blogspot.com/2022/05/is-there-any-value-in-war-reserv
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 20:40 - May 30 with 5881 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 08:16 - May 30 by Churchman

It is scary how quickly people accept the abnormal and wrong as normal and acceptable. You are right about the abdominal standards in public life demonstrated by in particular Johnson and Trump too. Add in Macron with his disgraceful behaviour over vaccines that led to so many unnecessary deaths and I just see incompetence and brazen desire to retain power at any cost. Lies, falsehoods, murder, consequences, corruption, bags of roubles. Who cares? It’s what they do. Sickens me.

I can see now the ‘Putin’s not so bad’, ‘isn’t it good the price of fuel down’, ‘maybe Ukraine is Russia anyway’ etc etc headlines. A surrender painted as a victory for peace, a nod and a wink with a blind eye to the atrocities as the stopcock on Nord2 squeaks open and Johnson gives another bit of ermine to a Russian ‘friend’. Back to normal. You can see the acceptance of Putin’s crimes in the lack of interest in the western world growing now and that includes the leaders.

There is no way that Scholz and Macron should have been talking with Putin. Unless it’s about postwar resumption of trade, there’s nothing to talk about.

According to he BBC ‘Ukrainian forces face a crucial decision about whether to try and save Severodonetsk - which he said would soon be surrounded on all sides - or withdraw to safer ground further west’. Ukraine is losing its industrial area. If Russia can finish that, take Odessa or surround/starve it, it’ll have the coast, access to Moldova and Ukraine will be utterly isolated and pretty much dismembered.
[Post edited 30 May 2022 8:26]

In relation to your last paragraph and industry...
https://www.renewablematter.eu/articles/article/ukraine-all-lithium-reserves-and

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 20:42 - May 30 with 5880 viewspointofblue

The West offered support to Ukraine to fight - and have now abandoned them.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024