Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Navalny in a minute BBC2. 20:59 - Apr 25 with 2624 viewsjeera

Might be an interesting watch for some.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 21:50 - Apr 25 with 2052 viewsRomeo4

Taping it. Engrossed in the snooker.
Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 21:53 - Apr 25 with 2042 viewsronnyd

Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 21:50 - Apr 25 by Romeo4

Taping it. Engrossed in the snooker.

Great fight back from Robertson.
Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 22:03 - Apr 25 with 2024 viewsRomeo4

Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 21:53 - Apr 25 by ronnyd

Brilliant maximum. Lisowski’s showing some guts here though. Deciding frame now on.
Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 22:35 - Apr 25 with 1991 viewsjeera

Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 21:53 - Apr 25 by ronnyd

What's your favourite colour ball?

Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 22:36 - Apr 25 with 1990 viewsNthsuffolkblue

An amazingly brave man. As he says, the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 22:45 - Apr 25 with 1973 viewsjeera

Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 22:36 - Apr 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

An amazingly brave man. As he says, the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing.

Yes, incredibly brave and really does come across as a man who just wants to do the right thing, unlike those currently in power.

You can see why they fear him.

The footage of him and his wife feeding the donkeys and having a faux argument was amusing, as was the follow-up clip of the discussion about the apple.

They came across as regular folk and very likeable.

You knew the phone call admission from the would-be assassination group member would be claimed to be fake by the Kremlin. That was obvious and as with here, the US and elsewhere, the line would be bought by Putin supporters.

He or someone like him desperately needs to be their next leader, but with the current climate the way it is, that seems a million miles off.

Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 22:51 - Apr 25 with 1940 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 22:45 - Apr 25 by jeera

Yes, incredibly brave and really does come across as a man who just wants to do the right thing, unlike those currently in power.

The footage of him and his wife feeding the donkeys and having a faux argument was amusing, as was the follow-up clip of the discussion about the apple.

You knew the phone call admission from the would-be assassination group member would be claimed to be fake by the Kremlin. That was obvious and as with here, the US and elsewhere, the line would be bought by Putin supporters.

He or someone like him desperately needs to be their next leader, but with the current climate the way it is, that seems a million miles off.

Even more desperately needed there than here.

And it is desperately needed here.

Where is Martin Bell when you need him?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 07:42 - Apr 26 with 1771 viewsSteve_M

I'll watch it tonight or tomorrow but Storyville is usually good.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 07:58 - Apr 26 with 1756 viewsChurchman

Ta for posting this. What a brave man Navalny is. Astonishing. I wasn’t going to watch it but I will now. I’m actually amazed he’s not been disposed if. Maybe he will be after the Putin is done with Ukraine.

With regard to Navalny’s bravery, it contrasts with Putin’s cowardice. I know he is regarded by just about everyone as the strongman, but he really isn’t. He appears to live in a world of paranoia and fear supported by sycophants and little people weaker than him. As a parallel, I have been reading a little about Stalin, who history paints far kinder than it should. I quote:

‘One of Stalin’s colleagues recalled the dictator reviewing an arrest list (really, a death list) and muttering to himself: “Who’s going to remember all this riff-raff in ten or twenty years’ time? No one. … Who remembers the names now of the boyars Ivan the Terrible got rid of? No one. … The people had to know he was getting rid of all his enemies. In the end, they all got what they deserved.”

This for me summarises the view of the average despot. Hitler was the same and the control exercised was again driven by fear. The propaganda around him was so good that it took two generations for many Germans to understand he’d done anything wrong. Sadly, propaganda and information management works.
Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 08:35 - Apr 26 with 1716 viewshomer_123

Just a minute on such an important subject?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 09:30 - Apr 26 with 1666 viewsWacko

I guess you all missed the video he posted in 2007 showing him pretending to shoot Muslims: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/2/25/navalny-has-the-kremlin-foe-moved-on-fr

“Yes, he got rid of nationalist rhetoric, he founded the Fund to Fight Corruption that has a liberal team and a leftist agenda. So, Amnesty had no real reasons to strip him of his status,” Nikolay Mitrokhin of Germany’s Bremen University told Al Jazeera.

“But it is a fact that he is a nationalist and xenophobe deep inside,” he said.

edit: Here is the video for context:
[Post edited 26 Apr 2022 9:38]

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 11:33 - Apr 26 with 1606 viewsSteve_M

Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 09:30 - Apr 26 by Wacko

I guess you all missed the video he posted in 2007 showing him pretending to shoot Muslims: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/2/25/navalny-has-the-kremlin-foe-moved-on-fr

“Yes, he got rid of nationalist rhetoric, he founded the Fund to Fight Corruption that has a liberal team and a leftist agenda. So, Amnesty had no real reasons to strip him of his status,” Nikolay Mitrokhin of Germany’s Bremen University told Al Jazeera.

“But it is a fact that he is a nationalist and xenophobe deep inside,” he said.

edit: Here is the video for context:
[Post edited 26 Apr 2022 9:38]

Yes, Navalny has previously expressed some deeply unpalatable views. He has since disowned those and apologised.

Even if that apology wasn't entirely sincere those past actions are still trumped by his willingness to go back to Russia knowing that he faced - at very best a - long spell of imprisonment.

But then you did do a lot of apologism for Putin a couple of months ago so not surprised to see you over-emphasise this point.

Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 12:36 - Apr 26 with 1572 viewsParsley

Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 07:58 - Apr 26 by Churchman

Ta for posting this. What a brave man Navalny is. Astonishing. I wasn’t going to watch it but I will now. I’m actually amazed he’s not been disposed if. Maybe he will be after the Putin is done with Ukraine.

With regard to Navalny’s bravery, it contrasts with Putin’s cowardice. I know he is regarded by just about everyone as the strongman, but he really isn’t. He appears to live in a world of paranoia and fear supported by sycophants and little people weaker than him. As a parallel, I have been reading a little about Stalin, who history paints far kinder than it should. I quote:

‘One of Stalin’s colleagues recalled the dictator reviewing an arrest list (really, a death list) and muttering to himself: “Who’s going to remember all this riff-raff in ten or twenty years’ time? No one. … Who remembers the names now of the boyars Ivan the Terrible got rid of? No one. … The people had to know he was getting rid of all his enemies. In the end, they all got what they deserved.”

This for me summarises the view of the average despot. Hitler was the same and the control exercised was again driven by fear. The propaganda around him was so good that it took two generations for many Germans to understand he’d done anything wrong. Sadly, propaganda and information management works.

Can't imagine the though process of 'well Ivan the Terrible did it and he sounds like a decent chap so I can probably get away with it.'
Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 12:54 - Apr 26 with 1518 viewsWacko

Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 11:33 - Apr 26 by Steve_M

Yes, Navalny has previously expressed some deeply unpalatable views. He has since disowned those and apologised.

Even if that apology wasn't entirely sincere those past actions are still trumped by his willingness to go back to Russia knowing that he faced - at very best a - long spell of imprisonment.

But then you did do a lot of apologism for Putin a couple of months ago so not surprised to see you over-emphasise this point.

I wasn't aware that past actions of calling Muslims cockroaches can ever be trumped. I never apologised for Putin and until you can show proof that I did then please retract that. You on the other hand have literally apologised for a racist. Twice.

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 13:29 - Apr 26 with 1479 viewsChurchman

Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 12:36 - Apr 26 by Parsley

Can't imagine the though process of 'well Ivan the Terrible did it and he sounds like a decent chap so I can probably get away with it.'

I reckon Stalin’s thought process might have been ‘well, Ivan t Terrible had the right idea, but 60k to 220k killed? Amateur! I, Stalin (which means man of steel) can do better! And he did.

Estimates of those directly executed vary but a good estimate is 750k to 1m. If a trial was bothered with it meant being wheeled in front of 3 dudes, told you were guilty, taken out the back and shot. Getting rid of peasants was a case of pick a village, pick a number, grab that number or more to impress, into the forest and shoot the lot. Job done, next!

Then there was the mass starvation of up to 5m people. Erasing people he didn’t like, their relations, friends of their relations…. The purges continued to his death in 1953.

A telling Stalin quote is “Death solves all problems. - No man, problem”. I get the feeling that despite being League 2 by comparison, Putin would recognise and nod to that.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2022 14:17]
Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 14:21 - Apr 26 with 1424 viewsParsley

Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 13:29 - Apr 26 by Churchman

I reckon Stalin’s thought process might have been ‘well, Ivan t Terrible had the right idea, but 60k to 220k killed? Amateur! I, Stalin (which means man of steel) can do better! And he did.

Estimates of those directly executed vary but a good estimate is 750k to 1m. If a trial was bothered with it meant being wheeled in front of 3 dudes, told you were guilty, taken out the back and shot. Getting rid of peasants was a case of pick a village, pick a number, grab that number or more to impress, into the forest and shoot the lot. Job done, next!

Then there was the mass starvation of up to 5m people. Erasing people he didn’t like, their relations, friends of their relations…. The purges continued to his death in 1953.

A telling Stalin quote is “Death solves all problems. - No man, problem”. I get the feeling that despite being League 2 by comparison, Putin would recognise and nod to that.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2022 14:17]

On giving this some further thought maybe I shouldn't have been surprised that I have a different mindset to Stalin...
Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 14:31 - Apr 26 with 1406 viewsChurchman

Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 14:21 - Apr 26 by Parsley

On giving this some further thought maybe I shouldn't have been surprised that I have a different mindset to Stalin...

You and 99.999% of people, hopefully!!

It’s interesting that most of history’s confirmed nut jobs, including Henry 8th whose batting score was between 57k and 72k, were and are completely paranoid.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2022 14:46]
Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 16:49 - Apr 26 with 1345 viewsChurchman

I’ve watched it now, Jeera. Anyone who is interested in what is happening in Russia and indeed anywhere that dictators dwell, I recommend they watch it too.

Whatever the views of Navalny, the programme is all about Putin’s Russia. I know they’ve crushed internal opposition, freedom of speech and taken Russia back to the good ole days, but in the modern world and Russians having tasted and seen the alternative, I wonder how sustainable the Putin position is? With a war they’ll sacrifice a lot for their country but after that?

Obviously he can kill, oppress, make war on others, but going down the road of a system that caused the USSR to implode 30 years ago cannot work can it? Add in what happens when people realise their sons, brothers and husbands aren’t coming home and it seems to me that Putin is going to have to kill one heck of a lot of people in Russia, let alone outside it, to keep control.

The scene where they duped the chemist into saying how the poison was administered was classic. The mush has never been seen again. Extended holiday in a hole in the ground, I suppose.
Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 17:58 - Apr 26 with 1301 viewsjeera

Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 16:49 - Apr 26 by Churchman

I’ve watched it now, Jeera. Anyone who is interested in what is happening in Russia and indeed anywhere that dictators dwell, I recommend they watch it too.

Whatever the views of Navalny, the programme is all about Putin’s Russia. I know they’ve crushed internal opposition, freedom of speech and taken Russia back to the good ole days, but in the modern world and Russians having tasted and seen the alternative, I wonder how sustainable the Putin position is? With a war they’ll sacrifice a lot for their country but after that?

Obviously he can kill, oppress, make war on others, but going down the road of a system that caused the USSR to implode 30 years ago cannot work can it? Add in what happens when people realise their sons, brothers and husbands aren’t coming home and it seems to me that Putin is going to have to kill one heck of a lot of people in Russia, let alone outside it, to keep control.

The scene where they duped the chemist into saying how the poison was administered was classic. The mush has never been seen again. Extended holiday in a hole in the ground, I suppose.

I have to say I wasn’t over familiar with Navalny’s previous, but then I know little of him in general, but he comes across very well in that programme.

To acknowledge ‘that’ video I don’t speak Russian and was under the impression he was referring to extremist threats rather than Muslims per se. Either way it was excitable and daft and significantly it seems to be what we tend to consider in the West as stereotypical of some of Russia’s immature and frankly backward views.

They are hardly alone in that but still not a good look.

With that said the video was 15 years ago and we have to assume the man has grown as a person.

As you say, the programme last night however was centred around the poisoning of a Putin opponent and the courage of Navalny and his team for continuing to call out this dreadful man and his regime.

Why anyone would want to detract from that given the current world affairs is anyone’s guess but the other poster who’s leapt onto the thread has an agenda as we know.

He’s been on ignore for some time and I’d prefer if he’d save his propaganda for his own threads.

I know you say about the system failure there but this is more about one corrupt man and his corrupt cronies drunk on power isn't it, rather than any actual failed system. Gorbachev had big ideas but those relied on the co operation of people who had clout. As always people who have money are not in a rush to share it.

It was encouraging to see so many people on the streets protesting in favour of Navalny but then what's happened to that, or to them even?

How Putin has that huge country under such control is mind-boggling but surely, again as you say, how on earth can that control be maintained?

And what will happen when it finally comes crumbling down and what will replace it?

Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 18:21 - Apr 26 with 1272 viewsChurchman

Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 17:58 - Apr 26 by jeera

I have to say I wasn’t over familiar with Navalny’s previous, but then I know little of him in general, but he comes across very well in that programme.

To acknowledge ‘that’ video I don’t speak Russian and was under the impression he was referring to extremist threats rather than Muslims per se. Either way it was excitable and daft and significantly it seems to be what we tend to consider in the West as stereotypical of some of Russia’s immature and frankly backward views.

They are hardly alone in that but still not a good look.

With that said the video was 15 years ago and we have to assume the man has grown as a person.

As you say, the programme last night however was centred around the poisoning of a Putin opponent and the courage of Navalny and his team for continuing to call out this dreadful man and his regime.

Why anyone would want to detract from that given the current world affairs is anyone’s guess but the other poster who’s leapt onto the thread has an agenda as we know.

He’s been on ignore for some time and I’d prefer if he’d save his propaganda for his own threads.

I know you say about the system failure there but this is more about one corrupt man and his corrupt cronies drunk on power isn't it, rather than any actual failed system. Gorbachev had big ideas but those relied on the co operation of people who had clout. As always people who have money are not in a rush to share it.

It was encouraging to see so many people on the streets protesting in favour of Navalny but then what's happened to that, or to them even?

How Putin has that huge country under such control is mind-boggling but surely, again as you say, how on earth can that control be maintained?

And what will happen when it finally comes crumbling down and what will replace it?

I deliberately focussed on Putin’s mob’s actions and what the future holds rather than Navalny as a person. I would need to read a lot more widely about him to understand him and his views in the past, context and what they are now. I do agree with your 2nd, 3rd, 4th paragraph on that aspect though and yes, why anyone would wish to detract from world affairs is beyond me too.

Back to the point of this thread and the programme, the bravery of Navalny and his team is extraordinary. A special kind of courage. The same applies to the protesters. I’d imagine with the clamp down, mass arrests bad news for them. With regard to the media, everything bar state messages being shut down is not sustainable in my view. While the war is on, yes. After? No. That’s the problem of people having something that’s taken away and human curiosity.

With regard to Putin’s cronies, they all look little people. Dictators have a habit of disposing of anyone any good or any perceived threat. If Putin dies, does that mean a vacuum filled by a military coup? Another revolution?

I need to try and understand it better.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2022 18:23]
Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 18:38 - Apr 26 with 1257 viewsjeera

Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 18:21 - Apr 26 by Churchman

I deliberately focussed on Putin’s mob’s actions and what the future holds rather than Navalny as a person. I would need to read a lot more widely about him to understand him and his views in the past, context and what they are now. I do agree with your 2nd, 3rd, 4th paragraph on that aspect though and yes, why anyone would wish to detract from world affairs is beyond me too.

Back to the point of this thread and the programme, the bravery of Navalny and his team is extraordinary. A special kind of courage. The same applies to the protesters. I’d imagine with the clamp down, mass arrests bad news for them. With regard to the media, everything bar state messages being shut down is not sustainable in my view. While the war is on, yes. After? No. That’s the problem of people having something that’s taken away and human curiosity.

With regard to Putin’s cronies, they all look little people. Dictators have a habit of disposing of anyone any good or any perceived threat. If Putin dies, does that mean a vacuum filled by a military coup? Another revolution?

I need to try and understand it better.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2022 18:23]

Yeah I know, I just thought I'd best acknowledge the other poster's video in my reply to you rather than risk getting bogged down elsewhere with someone I've no time for.

Navalny flying back to face the consequences the way he did, knowing what was waiting the other end. Sod that.

You have got to marvel at the likes of the lady on the news channel parading with that sign the other week. Knowing what might come after doing that is on some level of bravery I'm not sure most of us possess. But did it have any effect?

We don't get to hear what's on the minds of the regular Russian do we, relying ourselves on snippets here and there from news clips and programmes like last night's. We know such people exist, but we also know the public are subjected to state propaganda on a daily basis. You'd really have to put yourself out to discover much information beyond what's available there wouldn't you. That probably carries a huge risk of its own. Just seeking out truth.

What do the pro-Putin public make of their countryfolk who have taken to the streets, do they think they're the brainwashed ones? The way Putin just dismissed all those reports out of hand and laughed at them as though anything negative directed towards him was absurd. Quite chilling really.

It's an interesting one isn't it, life after Putin. Is there even any infrastructure in place for the public to even have a say anymore?

Guthrum might have some ideas if he's around at some point. This might be his bag.

Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 19:52 - Apr 26 with 1180 viewsChurchman

Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 18:38 - Apr 26 by jeera

Yeah I know, I just thought I'd best acknowledge the other poster's video in my reply to you rather than risk getting bogged down elsewhere with someone I've no time for.

Navalny flying back to face the consequences the way he did, knowing what was waiting the other end. Sod that.

You have got to marvel at the likes of the lady on the news channel parading with that sign the other week. Knowing what might come after doing that is on some level of bravery I'm not sure most of us possess. But did it have any effect?

We don't get to hear what's on the minds of the regular Russian do we, relying ourselves on snippets here and there from news clips and programmes like last night's. We know such people exist, but we also know the public are subjected to state propaganda on a daily basis. You'd really have to put yourself out to discover much information beyond what's available there wouldn't you. That probably carries a huge risk of its own. Just seeking out truth.

What do the pro-Putin public make of their countryfolk who have taken to the streets, do they think they're the brainwashed ones? The way Putin just dismissed all those reports out of hand and laughed at them as though anything negative directed towards him was absurd. Quite chilling really.

It's an interesting one isn't it, life after Putin. Is there even any infrastructure in place for the public to even have a say anymore?

Guthrum might have some ideas if he's around at some point. This might be his bag.

Courage takes different forms and I wouldn’t have done what Navalny did or the brave lady with the sign either. Not a chance. With regards to Navalny I don’t really understand why he went back when he did. I’m sure it will have a positive effect in the long run, if not for him. As for infrastructure post Putin? Short term no, but it can be built, just as it was in West Germany after WW2

Regarding what the average Russian thinks, I suspect and hope a lot more than what we see presented to us. It’s what can be said and what can’t and I believe it’s why when these dictatorships collapse, they do so big style - thinking Romania’s Ceausescu and his wife here.

Tbh if a newscaster waved a microphone in my face at that rally Putin had the other month, I’d be shouting Putin forever and painting z’s on my face all night long! However Putin’s dismissiveness of his own people is a weakness in my view, but yes it’s chilling alright.

There’s just so much we don’t know.
Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 20:25 - Apr 26 with 1162 viewsSteve_M

Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 18:38 - Apr 26 by jeera

There is all the apparatus of a democracy in place in Russia, just that the state controls all of it including who is allowed to stand as a candidate. There’s also a big difference in outlook between urban, educated Russians and the rural poor.

The downside of Putin being pushed is that the replacement is likely to be from within the Siloviki at least initially. However none of those start with the standing Putin had in the early 2000s when people in Russia wanted to believe in a better country. The 2011 election and the, obviously fraudulent, voting patterns that allowed Putin to return to get presidency was a bit of a watershed I think.

Just watched the documentary, it is very good, doesn’t shy away from the more awkward aspects of his past and the main impression left is of Navalny’s courage on returning to Russia last year.

It was also striking to compare Putin of 12-18 months ago with the flaccid, ill-looking war criminal is today.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2022 21:00]

Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 20:47 - Apr 26 with 1147 viewsjeera

Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 20:25 - Apr 26 by Steve_M

There is all the apparatus of a democracy in place in Russia, just that the state controls all of it including who is allowed to stand as a candidate. There’s also a big difference in outlook between urban, educated Russians and the rural poor.

The downside of Putin being pushed is that the replacement is likely to be from within the Siloviki at least initially. However none of those start with the standing Putin had in the early 2000s when people in Russia wanted to believe in a better country. The 2011 election and the, obviously fraudulent, voting patterns that allowed Putin to return to get presidency was a bit of a watershed I think.

Just watched the documentary, it is very good, doesn’t shy away from the more awkward aspects of his past and the main impression left is of Navalny’s courage on returning to Russia last year.

It was also striking to compare Putin of 12-18 months ago with the flaccid, ill-looking war criminal is today.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2022 21:00]

Oh yes the place is fecking massive isn't it with a contrast of citizens as wide as the US with the busy cities and metropolitan types and those who are more small-town and then onto those out in the sticks a bit who have a completely different way of life altogether.

Never the twain and all that.

Off on a tangent, have you seen the Garage People? I asked Guthers the other week but he hadn't seen it.

It's set in the middle of nowhere, somewhere Siberia I think, with some really diverse people. Really bizarre stuff: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000zgdc

Yes Putin doesn't look happy. I hope he regrets every damn disgusting thing he's done for every single moment he has left until he dies.

Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 21:04 - Apr 26 with 1126 viewsSteve_M

Navalny in a minute BBC2. on 20:47 - Apr 26 by jeera

Oh yes the place is fecking massive isn't it with a contrast of citizens as wide as the US with the busy cities and metropolitan types and those who are more small-town and then onto those out in the sticks a bit who have a completely different way of life altogether.

Never the twain and all that.

Off on a tangent, have you seen the Garage People? I asked Guthers the other week but he hadn't seen it.

It's set in the middle of nowhere, somewhere Siberia I think, with some really diverse people. Really bizarre stuff: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000zgdc

Yes Putin doesn't look happy. I hope he regrets every damn disgusting thing he's done for every single moment he has left until he dies.

No, not seen it but will give it a look at some point.

I read Kapuschinski’s Imperium a few weeks back, it’s mainly written as the USSR falls apart and very much with a perspective of ‘How did this ever hold together?’ Fascinating to reread it now:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/59659.Imperium

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024