Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dial M for media mogul madness 05:58 - Apr 26 with 1338 viewsRyorry

'Murdoch, Maxwell & now Musk, 3 of the world's richest (old men) able to dictate their version of 'the news'.

'Free speech' - yours for a mere $44 billion

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Dial M for media mogul madness on 06:28 - Apr 26 with 1289 viewsEireannach_gorm

Free bile more like.
Dial M for media mogul madness on 09:48 - Apr 26 with 1168 viewsDarth_Koont

Dial M for media mogul madness on 06:28 - Apr 26 by Eireannach_gorm

Free bile more like.

Bile M for Mordor

Pronouns: He/Him

Dial M for media mogul madness on 10:25 - Apr 26 with 1125 viewsJ2BLUE

Musk is doing some amazing things but he's clearly an absolute cock.

He's basically spending $44 bn to prove a point.

There should not be any such thing as billionaires. The amount of good he could have done in the world and he's bought an online cesspit.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Dial M for media mogul madness on 11:00 - Apr 26 with 1082 viewsJ2BLUE

Dial M for media mogul madness on 10:25 - Apr 26 by J2BLUE

There should not be any such thing as billionaires. The amount of good he could have done in the world and he's bought an online cesspit.

Every time

Truly impaired.

Dial M for media mogul madness on 11:27 - Apr 26 with 1048 viewsRyorry

I've just been on twitter & bookmarked the first 14 tweets that appeared in my feed. Here they are (sorry for the tedium to anyone else not involved in the on-going spat between J2 & myself re Twitter).

Some "cesspit" . It's no more that than this place is because a few people choose to be abusive & troll right-wing nonsense on here.

Dial M for media mogul madness on 11:29 - Apr 26 with 1043 viewsJ2BLUE

Dial M for media mogul madness on 11:27 - Apr 26 by Ryorry

I've just been on twitter & bookmarked the first 14 tweets that appeared in my feed. Here they are (sorry for the tedium to anyone else not involved in the on-going spat between J2 & myself re Twitter).

Some "cesspit" . It's no more that than this place is because a few people choose to be abusive & troll right-wing nonsense on here.

We have no spat. I have an opinion and you disagree. We established that ages ago. I don't downvote you when you say Twitter is good.

Carry on, I find it amusing! Twitter, overall, is a cesspit and one day historians will write about as a leading cause of the beginning of the collapse of civilisation.

Downvote this post and you're going on ignore for a year

Truly impaired.

Dial M for media mogul madness on 11:35 - Apr 26 with 1020 viewsRyorry

Dial M for media mogul madness on 11:29 - Apr 26 by J2BLUE

We have no spat. I have an opinion and you disagree. We established that ages ago. I don't downvote you when you say Twitter is good.

Carry on, I find it amusing! Twitter, overall, is a cesspit and one day historians will write about as a leading cause of the beginning of the collapse of civilisation.

Downvote this post and you're going on ignore for a year

Don't disagree re your first para.

Assume your second para is an attempt at humour :)

Please feel free to put me on ignore for a year anyway, haha!

Dial M for media mogul madness on 11:40 - Apr 26 with 1010 viewsJ2BLUE

Dial M for media mogul madness on 11:35 - Apr 26 by Ryorry

Don't disagree re your first para.

Assume your second para is an attempt at humour :)

Please feel free to put me on ignore for a year anyway, haha!

The second paragraph might be slightly overplayed but I do think social media has a lot to answer for in making society a lot worse overall.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Dial M for media mogul madness on 11:46 - Apr 26 with 1003 viewsfooters

Dial M for media mogul madness on 11:40 - Apr 26 by J2BLUE

The second paragraph might be slightly overplayed but I do think social media has a lot to answer for in making society a lot worse overall.

One thing I've noticed is that it's certainly decreased people's attention sp

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Dial M for media mogul madness on 12:00 - Apr 26 with 987 viewsLord_Lucan

Hey J2, hope you are well.

I don't use twitter but I do get alerts when certain people post something, although I don't fully know why. I get alerts mainly when one of either Andrew Neil, James O Brien, Gary Lineker, or bizarrely Daniella Westbrook post something.

I generally click on the former two whilst I am on the Khazi, inbetween doing my morning Wordle. I usually find that you ultimately end up getting redirected and reading a pile of extreme sh1te from both sides of debate after working out what next to click.

That said, I'm sure it's great for many things and not just confirmation bias or a platform for weirdos like David Icke and the like.

Hooever - if the subject is about Musk I am asking myself why people would either agree or disagree with the acquisition because the very vast majority of us know nothing about him except that he sells electric cars, has a space rocket, helped out Ukraine a bit with satellite positioning and had a dad who owned a precious metal business in Africa; ergo, do we know enough to have a valid opinion?

The fact that I don't use twitter and have a base of (educated) friends who also don't - aside from Bossbeard - leads me to think that unlike Facebook which is probably saturated, $44b for Twitter seems on the face of it quite cheap.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Dial M for media mogul madness on 12:03 - Apr 26 with 970 viewsJ2BLUE

Dial M for media mogul madness on 12:00 - Apr 26 by Lord_Lucan

Hey J2, hope you are well.

I don't use twitter but I do get alerts when certain people post something, although I don't fully know why. I get alerts mainly when one of either Andrew Neil, James O Brien, Gary Lineker, or bizarrely Daniella Westbrook post something.

I generally click on the former two whilst I am on the Khazi, inbetween doing my morning Wordle. I usually find that you ultimately end up getting redirected and reading a pile of extreme sh1te from both sides of debate after working out what next to click.

That said, I'm sure it's great for many things and not just confirmation bias or a platform for weirdos like David Icke and the like.

Hooever - if the subject is about Musk I am asking myself why people would either agree or disagree with the acquisition because the very vast majority of us know nothing about him except that he sells electric cars, has a space rocket, helped out Ukraine a bit with satellite positioning and had a dad who owned a precious metal business in Africa; ergo, do we know enough to have a valid opinion?

The fact that I don't use twitter and have a base of (educated) friends who also don't - aside from Bossbeard - leads me to think that unlike Facebook which is probably saturated, $44b for Twitter seems on the face of it quite cheap.

Musk has done more than enough interviews to prove he's a cock.

Clever and has some big dreams I would like to see succeed but overall he's a cock.

Couldn't care less if he owns Twitter though.

He will let Trump back on there on day 1.

Truly impaired.

Dial M for media mogul madness on 12:18 - Apr 26 with 918 viewsBugs

Dial M for media mogul madness on 11:46 - Apr 26 by footers

Dial M for media mogul madness on 12:34 - Apr 26 with 892 viewsblueasfook

I expect he'll let Donald Trump back to incite more violence from his moronic followers

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Dial M for media mogul madness on 12:48 - Apr 26 with 847 viewsNthQldITFC

Dial M for media mogul madness on 11:46 - Apr 26 by footers

TL;DR

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024