Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which 3 past town players of your life time do you complete our team with? 16:24 - Apr 27 with 2255 viewsAYACCA

Taricco LWB
Wark CM
Darren Bent CF
Which 3 past town players of your life time do you complete our team with? on 16:31 - Apr 27 with 1523 viewsclive_baker

Not a bad list that. I would be tempted to swap Taricco for Herman but we're splitting hairs with that.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Which 3 past town players of your life time do you complete our team with? on 16:36 - Apr 27 with 1502 views66notout

Which 3 past town players of your life time do you complete our team with? on 16:31 - Apr 27 by clive_baker

Not a bad list that. I would be tempted to swap Taricco for Herman but we're splitting hairs with that.

Got to be Mills, Wark and Mariner surely. In any category - appearances, goals, international caps, team and individual honours, they are streets ahead of the rest.
Which 3 past town players of your life time do you complete our team with? on 16:40 - Apr 27 with 1496 viewsHighgateBlue

If we lose Celina, then Reuser. In fact Reuser anyway. I can dream. And he could take free kicks. We need to score from some kind of dead ball situation...

Stewart up front. Or Mariner if I'm allowed Mariner. He was during my lifetime, but only when I was a nipper.

Mick Mills was of course an England captain, but I'm not sure he's ideally suited to the attacking demands of the modern full back, and/or McKenna's system. Taricco was obviously a cult hero and we do need a left back, but when you think of some of the quality we've had over the years, I'm not sure I can pick him. I'd rather suffer Penney at left back and have...

Johnny Wark. I'm cheating as I don't remember him during his goalscoring pomp as I was too young, but I'll have him anyway. There's only one Johnny Wark. World class player and cult club figure rolled into one. There aren't many of those knocking around in League One. Not sure how many top flight or European goals Akinfenwa has, but I'm guessing it's a touch fewer than JW (although he's not got that many fewer Scotland caps!!)
Which 3 past town players of your life time do you complete our team with? on 16:41 - Apr 27 with 1489 viewsfarkenhell

Which 3 past town players of your life time do you complete our team with? on 16:36 - Apr 27 by 66notout

Got to be Mills, Wark and Mariner surely. In any category - appearances, goals, international caps, team and individual honours, they are streets ahead of the rest.

Beattie, Wark, Mariner. Forget the rest, just field those three and we would walk this league next year!
Which 3 past town players of your life time do you complete our team with? on 16:44 - Apr 27 with 1481 viewsclive_baker

Which 3 past town players of your life time do you complete our team with? on 16:36 - Apr 27 by 66notout

I'm not as old as you buh. Mariner & Mills had left town before I was born.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Which 3 past town players of your life time do you complete our team with? on 17:15 - Apr 27 with 1436 viewsIllinoisblue

Speedy Kiwomya would be great in a KMac team, then add a Milton or Tommy Miller for goals from midfield. Reuser for an upgrade on Celina.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Which 3 past town players of your life time do you complete our team with? on 17:22 - Apr 27 with 1423 viewsDJR

Given our problems up front, it's got to be Gates, Brazil and Mariner. And if you could squeeze in another one, it would be Wark as a goal-scoring midfielder.
Which 3 past town players of your life time do you complete our team with? on 17:37 - Apr 27 with 1383 viewsFBI

Mariner and both David Johnsons
Possibly swapping Jonty for Trevor Whymark

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

Login to get fewer ads

Which 3 past town players of your life time do you complete our team with? on 17:45 - Apr 27 with 1357 viewsEdmundo

Wark alongside Morsy, a c1991-2 Neil Thompson on the left (he could deliver a set piece), and up top I'd go for D Bent (in this league, Stewart in the Championship, I'm too young for Mariner).

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Which 3 past town players of your life time do you complete our team with? on 17:45 - Apr 27 with 1354 viewsMattinLondon

I’m only going to pick players that I’ve seen and who I think will be the best fit.

Tarricco - rampaging left-back, able to defend and will try and get the opposition sent off.
Jon Walters - would be able to run the channels but still be a real threat in the box.
Magilton - offers creativity, aggression and experience to the midfield.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2022 17:46]
Which 3 past town players of your life time do you complete our team with? on 18:06 - Apr 27 with 1321 viewsKeno

Mills - left back and captain
Jermaine Wright CM

Cant decide between Pablo or shefk - which one was better?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Which 3 past town players of your life time do you complete our team with? on 18:24 - Apr 27 with 1306 viewsDJR

Which 3 past town players of your life time do you complete our team with? on 16:40 - Apr 27 by HighgateBlue

If we lose Celina, then Reuser. In fact Reuser anyway. I can dream. And he could take free kicks. We need to score from some kind of dead ball situation...

Stewart up front. Or Mariner if I'm allowed Mariner. He was during my lifetime, but only when I was a nipper.

Mick Mills was of course an England captain, but I'm not sure he's ideally suited to the attacking demands of the modern full back, and/or McKenna's system. Taricco was obviously a cult hero and we do need a left back, but when you think of some of the quality we've had over the years, I'm not sure I can pick him. I'd rather suffer Penney at left back and have...

Johnny Wark. I'm cheating as I don't remember him during his goalscoring pomp as I was too young, but I'll have him anyway. There's only one Johnny Wark. World class player and cult club figure rolled into one. There aren't many of those knocking around in League One. Not sure how many top flight or European goals Akinfenwa has, but I'm guessing it's a touch fewer than JW (although he's not got that many fewer Scotland caps!!)

Mick Mills was comfortable on the ball, and played in midfield from time to time. He didn't have the pace of a Wes Burns, but I have no doubt he could have operated well in the LWB position, and been solid defensively at the same time.
Which 3 past town players of your life time do you complete our team with? on 18:43 - Apr 27 with 1283 viewsPendejo

Beattie
Wark
Mariner

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Which 3 past town players of your life time do you complete our team with? on 18:45 - Apr 27 with 1277 viewsPendejo

Which 3 past town players of your life time do you complete our team with? on 16:41 - Apr 27 by farkenhell

Beattie, Wark, Mariner. Forget the rest, just field those three and we would walk this league next year!

Hadn't looked this far down before posting, consider your suggestions seconded.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Which 3 past town players of your life time do you complete our team with? on 18:50 - Apr 27 with 1262 viewsbraveblue

Taricco, Holland and Marcus Stewart.
Which 3 past town players of your life time do you complete our team with? on 19:00 - Apr 27 with 1240 viewsOwainG1992

I do enjoy these sort of posts.

Agree with the positions that need filling.

LB/LWB for me would be Clapham.

CM would be Holland but I'd take a Tommy Miller.

Up front let's have Dazzling Darren Bent.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Which 3 past town players of your life time do you complete our team with? on 19:16 - Apr 27 with 1207 viewsChurchman

Mariner, Wark and Crawford

But then I’m aged
[Post edited 28 Apr 2022 6:21]
Which 3 past town players of your life time do you complete our team with? on 19:25 - Apr 27 with 1186 viewsxrayspecs

I agree with 66 not out, Mills, Wark and Mariner.

My worst three - Harbey, Brekke-Skard and Alabai
[Post edited 28 Apr 2022 7:17]
Which 3 past town players of your life time do you complete our team with? on 19:29 - Apr 27 with 1177 viewslongtimefan

Which 3 past town players of your life time do you complete our team with? on 19:25 - Apr 27 by xrayspecs

I agree with 66 not out, Mills, Wark and Mariner.

My worst three - Harbey, Brekke-Skard and Alabai
[Post edited 28 Apr 2022 7:17]

Mills, Beattie and Mariner for me.
Which 3 past town players of your life time do you complete our team with? on 20:08 - Apr 27 with 1140 viewsTexacoCup

It's impossible to look beyond Beattie, Wark and Mariner but them aside I'd say Butcher, Gates and Brazil
Which 3 past town players of your life time do you complete our team with? on 20:18 - Apr 27 with 1130 viewsThai_Blue

Which 3 past town players of your life time do you complete our team with? on 17:22 - Apr 27 by DJR

Given our problems up front, it's got to be Gates, Brazil and Mariner. And if you could squeeze in another one, it would be Wark as a goal-scoring midfielder.

Just what I was thinking
Which 3 past town players of your life time do you complete our team with? on 20:22 - Apr 27 with 1121 viewsDubtractor

Taricco
Bent
Johnno mk2

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Which 3 past town players of your life time do you complete our team with? on 20:23 - Apr 27 with 1118 viewsRomeo4

Wark CM
Treacle LB
Stewart CF

If only!!
Which 3 past town players of your life time do you complete our team with? on 20:27 - Apr 27 with 1113 viewstextbackup

Jamie Clapham
David Johnson
Marcus Stewart

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Which 3 past town players of your life time do you complete our team with? on 20:45 - Apr 27 with 1092 viewsBluespeed225

Which 3 past town players of your life time do you complete our team with? on 17:45 - Apr 27 by Edmundo

Wark alongside Morsy, a c1991-2 Neil Thompson on the left (he could deliver a set piece), and up top I'd go for D Bent (in this league, Stewart in the Championship, I'm too young for Mariner).

Thomos’ corners and free kicks would earn us another 10 points! Venus could deliver too.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2022 20:46]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024