Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best left back this season… 07:44 - Apr 28 with 1545 viewsibbleobble

…slim pickings I know but there’s plenty to choose from. I count this many candidates for your best of the worst: Coulson, Penney, Thompson, Kenlock, Donacien, Clements and Burgess.

I’ll plump for Penney, just.
Best left back this season… on 07:50 - Apr 28 with 1495 viewsfranz_tyson

Pretty depressing thread.

Has Clements played LB for the first team?

Thompson played during our best spell with the clean sheets - so he should get this hollowest of awards. Don't want him back next season, though.
Best left back this season… on 07:55 - Apr 28 with 1474 viewsFixed_It

Coulson hands down. His injury was a big blow to this team.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Best left back this season… on 08:02 - Apr 28 with 1443 viewsVeggie

Slim Pickings was definitely the best left back this season!
Best left back this season… on 08:03 - Apr 28 with 1436 viewsDennyx4

Think KVY also played at left back too.

I would have to say Coulson, by far the best left back we have had this season, shame he got injured, as think he would have been even better as a Wing Back.
Best left back this season… on 08:32 - Apr 28 with 1355 viewsOwainG1992

Best left back this season… on 07:55 - Apr 28 by Fixed_It

Coulson for those few games.
Depressing stuff.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Best left back this season… on 08:38 - Apr 28 with 1334 viewsleftback

Me!
Best left back this season… on 08:44 - Apr 28 with 1310 viewsWickets

Best left back this season… on 07:55 - Apr 28 by Fixed_It

Without a shadow of doubt .
Best left back this season… on 08:46 - Apr 28 with 1301 viewsPinewoodblue

Best left back this season… on 08:02 - Apr 28 by Veggie

Slim Pickings was definitely the best left back this season!

Hopefully he will stay at Norwich for another season.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Best left back this season… on 09:11 - Apr 28 with 1250 viewsTrumptonBlue

Not quite sure what Coulson did to be held in such high esteem. The team conceded a goal every 37 minutes he was on the pitch, which is the worst record of any player in the squad. Of course, it's about more than numbers and the team was generally a shambles at the time, but I didn't notice him bringing much defensive solidity to the side.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2022 9:20]
Best left back this season… on 09:16 - Apr 28 with 1238 viewsRobTheMonk

Burgess was the best in his fleeting LB appearance against Wycombe.
Best left back this season… on 09:24 - Apr 28 with 1219 viewsclive_baker

Coulson looked good on the rare occasions we saw him. Thompson probably has to be the best of a poor bunch on the basis he was a fixture in the side when we were at our best. He's not without criticism but he gets more stick than he deserves. Clements seemed to be allowed a lot of slack despite being dreadful because he's a yoof and 'one of our own', but at just 4 months older people expect the world from Thompson.

Kenlock is finished here, I imagine Thompson will go back, JD's future is centrally in a 3 I would think, as is Burgess (or a 2). Clements who knows, but I can't see it. That just leaves KVY and Penney who both have 1 year left, then they'll quite possibly leave. Penney has looked poor, I can't see him as anything more than a back up.

Certainly an area we need to be strengthening.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Best left back this season… on 09:24 - Apr 28 with 1221 viewsArnieM

Out of the ones that are our players or on loan to us I’m going to say Kenlock …. That’ll upset a few . But he gets forward , gets crosses in and isn’t that bad re the defensive role either . Let’s be honest , none of them are great and Kenlock will leave , I’d offload Penney B snd certainly not offer anything to Thompson ( not sure what the hype around him is all about )!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Best left back this season… on 10:30 - Apr 28 with 1104 viewsGarv

You have to say Thompson considering that he was almost ever present during our best run of form. It became apparent he was holding us back in an attacking sense, though.

Coulson looked good but that's based on a small sample.

Penney is underrated and seems to have a mark against his name for no real reason apart from the odd mistake e.g Plymouth away. One of the best crossers in the squad and gets up and down the wing as good as anyone.

KVY isn't a left back and Kenlock isn't good enough technically.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Best left back this season… on 10:54 - Apr 28 with 1034 viewsDJR

Based on availability, and attacking ability, I'd have to say Penney.
Best left back this season… on 11:47 - Apr 28 with 973 viewsFrankfurtBlue

That is a tough one. We played with a LB in a four under PC and then a LWB under KMc, so assuming you mean LB/LWB, I don't think any of that lot stood out as a future choice. If I had to trust one of them with the job, I'd have to go with Coulson for his potential, although he never really got going here.

However, I hope that Kyle Edwards can take on the job next year, as we need more of an attacking LWB than a defensive LWB, IMO. If he is not considered up to it, then we need to bring in an experienced LWB (not a LB), who can beat his man and consistently get a decent cross or shot away.
Best left back this season… on 11:54 - Apr 28 with 952 viewscatch74

I think they were all best left back……

(in the changing rooms )

Sorry.

Coulson would have made a big difference if fit and firing all season.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Best left back this season… on 20:55 - Apr 28 with 747 viewsibbleobble

Best left back this season… on 10:30 - Apr 28 by Garv

You have to say Thompson considering that he was almost ever present during our best run of form. It became apparent he was holding us back in an attacking sense, though.

Coulson looked good but that's based on a small sample.

Penney is underrated and seems to have a mark against his name for no real reason apart from the odd mistake e.g Plymouth away. One of the best crossers in the squad and gets up and down the wing as good as anyone.

KVY isn't a left back and Kenlock isn't good enough technically.

It’s Penney for me. Not that he’s been particularly great defensively but he’s easily the easiest in the eye going forward with good intent to attack the box or whip a good ball in.

I’d like to see KM really develop a few players this summer rather than lots of transfers to replace what we have, him being the prime candidate. Clements again is another who could do with tightening up but is in the ‘potential’ list. I’d rather he developed than Thompson signed, in truth.

If those two improve under McKenna, and he has a summer with the attacking third, I only see is needing a couple of signings to bolster the ranks.
Best left back this season… on 22:01 - Apr 28 with 684 views3_5_2

Best left back this season… on 07:50 - Apr 28 by franz_tyson

Pretty depressing thread.

Has Clements played LB for the first team?

Thompson played during our best spell with the clean sheets - so he should get this hollowest of awards. Don't want him back next season, though.

Coulsden.

Even though he was never really 100% for even before he got injured at Wycombe he had a decent engine, could cross and could be tough in defence.

Real shame how it worked out for him.

I’m convinced if he had come off as soon as he was injured at Wycombe instead of trying to play on, he would have come back to the side.

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024