Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
15 years ago today... 08:06 - Apr 28 with 1460 viewsOwainG1992

I was sat in the home stand as Leeds were all but relegated by Alan Lee and the mighty Ipswich Town.
Sat in bewilderment as a load of moronic Leeds fans ran onto the pitch and threw bottles and what not at the Town fans in the away end.
Being Leeds born and bred I am glad to see them doing well these days but I'll always feel sour about that day.
Decent game mind you.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

15 years ago today... on 08:14 - Apr 28 with 1408 viewsElephantintheRoom

Thé only time I have been beaten up at a football match in 50 years is when I had the temerity to cheer when Jason Dozzel scored the winner in an FA Cup tie at Elland Road. I was in the Elland Road members enclosure with a couple of Leeds-supporting work colleagues.

I did enjoy another cup match I took them rather more - at Histon

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

15 years ago today... on 08:16 - Apr 28 with 1387 viewsFixed_It

15 years ago today... on 08:14 - Apr 28 by ElephantintheRoom

Thé only time I have been beaten up at a football match in 50 years is when I had the temerity to cheer when Jason Dozzel scored the winner in an FA Cup tie at Elland Road. I was in the Elland Road members enclosure with a couple of Leeds-supporting work colleagues.

I did enjoy another cup match I took them rather more - at Histon

So even your work colleagues find you annoying?!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

15 years ago today... on 08:26 - Apr 28 with 1345 viewsElephantintheRoom

15 years ago today... on 08:16 - Apr 28 by Fixed_It

So even your work colleagues find you annoying?!

Hoho.

Probably - as you know it can be very annoying to always be wrong

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

15 years ago today... on 08:35 - Apr 28 with 1336 viewshammo56

Can't believe that was 15 years ago. My daughter who is a wheelchair user was at the front in the disabled section with my wife. I was further back in the stand and went down to them when things started to get ugly.
I remember my daughter invited her friend who lived in Leeds to come to the game with her that day as this girl had never been to a football match before. Not sure if she has been to another ever since.
15 years ago today... on 08:37 - Apr 28 with 1322 viewsSTYG

15 years ago today... on 08:26 - Apr 28 by ElephantintheRoom

Hoho.

Probably - as you know it can be very annoying to always be wrong

Congratulations. Not a negative post and some proof you’re a Town fan.

Glad to see your personality transplant was a success ;)

Welcome to the board!
[Post edited 28 Apr 2022 8:37]
15 years ago today... on 10:43 - Apr 28 with 1136 viewsbackwaywhen

Was in corporate seats that game , just behind directors seats , and to say Leeds fans were not happy is an understatement.
They were were trying to climb into that area from the seats below and throwing abuse as well as trying to throw punches , very strange atmosphere in the corporate lounge after the game , as we sat quietly chuckling away to ourselves lol …… good old Leeds never changed over the years.
15 years ago today... on 10:55 - Apr 28 with 1114 viewsSomethingBlue

The amazing part of that was the game restarting with a Leeds corner, and the tannoy guy announcing that very fact, purely to clear the pitch of fans — as I recall, they had won no such corner or at the very least it was a highly generous and convenient call. Think the away section was at best 25% populated by that point. An impossibly tense mini-sequence of play later, and they were down.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

15 years ago today... on 11:09 - Apr 28 with 1071 viewsEastTownBlue

15 years ago today... on 10:55 - Apr 28 by SomethingBlue

The amazing part of that was the game restarting with a Leeds corner, and the tannoy guy announcing that very fact, purely to clear the pitch of fans — as I recall, they had won no such corner or at the very least it was a highly generous and convenient call. Think the away section was at best 25% populated by that point. An impossibly tense mini-sequence of play later, and they were down.

I remember looking back the following day and it was the most blatant goal kick.

I was one of those that had cleared off early as I was only a few rows from the front. I seem to recall most of the trouble was seen by those that had left early and not after the delayed finish. I won't forget seeing a young Town fan shoved to the ground and get a bit of kicking.
Login to get fewer ads

15 years ago today... on 11:59 - Apr 28 with 998 viewsEJP

I have Alan Lee's match worn shirt from that game somewhere ...

I tried to auction it when I ran the London Marathon last year, but my Leeds born and bred running partner struggled to get any interest from her family and friends for some reason...
15 years ago today... on 13:50 - Apr 28 with 876 viewsBonneNIL

They charged us and had a go at us as if we were the reason they were sht. At least when we were relegated against them we still won and behaved like adults, even if it was overkill on the celebratory feel and love of the Nodger managing us to our doom.

Thanks, Marcus Evans.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

15 years ago today... on 22:04 - Apr 28 with 670 viewsbrazil1982

I was there. I vividly recall the police officers in the away end chucling among themselves. No punishment handed to Leeds either. Nothing.

Horrible supporters.
15 years ago today... on 22:46 - Apr 28 with 607 viewsfloridablue

Anyone else remember the second 6th round FA cup replay at Filbert Street Leicester against Leeds 1975 when just after the final whistle a lone Town fan ran onto the pitch to celebrate and was set upon by a group of Leeds kids somewhere near the centre circle. I was there that night and recently watched or saw a photo of a Town player being interviewed and the attack was caught on camera happening over his shoulder in the background. I went to all 4 games and survived without any bruises to show off!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024