Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This video of Mogga makes me sad 16:26 - Apr 28 with 2557 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Not even been approached by the owners, seems to suggest he’s missing his family as well. Sad.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

This video of Mogga makes me sad on 17:04 - Apr 28 with 2381 viewschicoazul

He has always seemed like such a nice dignified man. And a good manager too whose teams playa decent way. Shame he never came here, don’t imagine he will now before he jacks it in although you never know.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

This video of Mogga makes me sad on 17:24 - Apr 28 with 2286 viewsclive_baker

Absolute gentleman. Done a very good job at Blackburn too really, couldn't save them from going down but brought them back up and improved them. Would be a heck of an achievement to get them up, but that looks less likely now. Either way he's done well there and has earned a break if that's what he chooses to do.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

This video of Mogga makes me sad on 17:51 - Apr 28 with 2205 viewsIllinoisblue

Seems like a thoroughly decent man. Always liked him but after seeing him on the Wembley 2000 tribute video he went up in my estimation.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

This video of Mogga makes me sad on 17:55 - Apr 28 with 2172 viewsChurchman

This video of Mogga makes me sad on 17:24 - Apr 28 by clive_baker

Absolute gentleman. Done a very good job at Blackburn too really, couldn't save them from going down but brought them back up and improved them. Would be a heck of an achievement to get them up, but that looks less likely now. Either way he's done well there and has earned a break if that's what he chooses to do.

He’s done a really great job there. Nice bloke too.

I actually think it’d have been great to see him back here when GC took over but the timings made that impossible even if he or they wanted it. He’d have been perfect for the rebuilding job and would have had automatic trust from the supporters.
This video of Mogga makes me sad on 18:20 - Apr 28 with 2082 viewsFrimleyBlue

Also sad that we had Keane. Hurst. Lambert. But never mogga. ( forgetting the caretaker gig)

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

This video of Mogga makes me sad on 18:44 - Apr 28 with 2013 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Same as Warburton. No contact from the owners, pretty poor. Even Evans told managers they were getting sacked

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

This video of Mogga makes me sad on 18:51 - Apr 28 with 1956 viewsgainsboroughblue

This video of Mogga makes me sad on 18:44 - Apr 28 by BlueandTruesince82

Same as Warburton. No contact from the owners, pretty poor. Even Evans told managers they were getting sacked

Lee Bowyer seems close to departing Brum as well. The manager merry go-round is going to be in full swing this summer I think.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

This video of Mogga makes me sad on 19:30 - Apr 28 with 1842 viewsChurchman

This video of Mogga makes me sad on 18:44 - Apr 28 by BlueandTruesince82

Yes, Evans told Jim Magilton he was fired over the phone while he was visiting his mother in intensive care. Classy.
Login to get fewer ads

This video of Mogga makes me sad on 19:43 - Apr 28 with 1797 viewsgtsb1966

"Not even been approached by the owners, seems to suggest he’s missing his family as well".
Doesn't the first one help the second one?

This video of Mogga makes me sad on 02:31 - Apr 29 with 1491 viewstextbackup

watched it and worried if his health has taken a turn, when he reflects on family time, saying he's private and proud etc. really hope that isnt the case, as he's in my personal ipswich 11

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

This video of Mogga makes me sad on 07:52 - Apr 29 with 1373 viewsSaleAway

He's done remarkably well to get to the end of a 5 year contract...

He's right up near the top of the longest serving manager list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_Premier_League_and_English_Footbal

its no wonder he needs a break.

Its a sad but enlightening interview that, to the unseen difficulties for managers.... given that they are such fickle jobs, you can't uproot your family for every job, especially if you have kids, so by definition, you're going to be away from them a lot.

tough gig.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2022 7:53]

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

This video of Mogga makes me sad on 07:59 - Apr 29 with 1362 viewsChrisd

The owners should’ve spoken with Mogga long before this point. There’s little doubt to get Blackburn fighting for a play off place is a huge achievement and he gets rewarded in this manner. Shows a lack of professionalism and class from the club’s owners IMO. I hope he gets them in that top 6 and then he walks away, his stock will rise even more then.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2022 11:09]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

This video of Mogga makes me sad on 10:09 - Apr 29 with 1195 viewsPhilTWTD

This video of Mogga makes me sad on 19:30 - Apr 28 by Churchman

Yes, Evans told Jim Magilton he was fired over the phone while he was visiting his mother in intensive care. Classy.

While that is true, it's not the full story. Jim was due to have a meeting with Simon Clegg that morning where he was to be told he was to depart. Unfortunately he was called away to Northern Ireland the previous night and the phone call was made in case JM got wind of Roy Keane's impending appointment before he'd been told he'd been sacked.
This video of Mogga makes me sad on 10:23 - Apr 29 with 1166 viewsclive_baker

This video of Mogga makes me sad on 10:09 - Apr 29 by PhilTWTD

While that is true, it's not the full story. Jim was due to have a meeting with Simon Clegg that morning where he was to be told he was to depart. Unfortunately he was called away to Northern Ireland the previous night and the phone call was made in case JM got wind of Roy Keane's impending appointment before he'd been told he'd been sacked.

I know it happens, but lining up a new manager behind the current incumbents back is pretty poor form IMO. The way to avoid that scenario would've been to have the conversation with Jim sooner, or not offer the job to someone else while he was still employed.

This video of Mogga makes me sad on 10:26 - Apr 29 with 1149 viewsArnieM

Blackburn FC should hang their heads in shame. Mogga has done a lot of good at that club, and they show him this kind of “ respect”??

Mogga is far too good for them tbh, and I know he would have returned to Town had Evans not been the owner…( his father in law actually told me this about 5 yrs ago).

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

This video of Mogga makes me sad on 10:26 - Apr 29 with 1147 viewsPhilTWTD

This video of Mogga makes me sad on 10:23 - Apr 29 by clive_baker

I know it happens, but lining up a new manager behind the current incumbents back is pretty poor form IMO. The way to avoid that scenario would've been to have the conversation with Jim sooner, or not offer the job to someone else while he was still employed.

That's the way it's generally done, whether it's poor form or otherwise.
This video of Mogga makes me sad on 10:27 - Apr 29 with 1146 viewshype313

This video of Mogga makes me sad on 10:23 - Apr 29 by clive_baker

In an ideal world that would be the standard moral take, but in business and especially football, it's a ruthless business. Owners want to have their ducks in a row and if that means that someone is a sacrificial lamb then so be it.

FWIW I always thought Jim's departure was done distastefully, but after reading Phil's comment, it looks like it was more an unfortunate set of circumstances that led to his dismissal, as apposed to sacking someone at a time of tragic personal loss.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2022 10:27]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

This video of Mogga makes me sad on 10:37 - Apr 29 with 1103 viewsclive_baker

This video of Mogga makes me sad on 10:27 - Apr 29 by hype313

In an ideal world that would be the standard moral take, but in business and especially football, it's a ruthless business. Owners want to have their ducks in a row and if that means that someone is a sacrificial lamb then so be it.

FWIW I always thought Jim's departure was done distastefully, but after reading Phil's comment, it looks like it was more an unfortunate set of circumstances that led to his dismissal, as apposed to sacking someone at a time of tragic personal loss.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2022 10:27]

I would be interested in seeing what the average length of time is between a manager being sacked and the replacement joining, I know a lot of the ground work definitely goes on behind the current managers back a lot of the time, but to call JM up in those circumstances and appoint RK the following day was poor. Why not delay it a couple of days? Were we that desperate for him to take the Cardiff game?

Circumstantial or not, it's poor conduct IMO. Not saying it's unique, it's a horrible industry but it's not how I would choose to conduct myself.

This video of Mogga makes me sad on 10:41 - Apr 29 with 1084 viewshype313

This video of Mogga makes me sad on 10:37 - Apr 29 by clive_baker

I would be interested in seeing what the average length of time is between a manager being sacked and the replacement joining, I know a lot of the ground work definitely goes on behind the current managers back a lot of the time, but to call JM up in those circumstances and appoint RK the following day was poor. Why not delay it a couple of days? Were we that desperate for him to take the Cardiff game?

Circumstantial or not, it's poor conduct IMO. Not saying it's unique, it's a horrible industry but it's not how I would choose to conduct myself.

It's just how it is unfortunately, if you look at the top clubs, everyone knows who will be the manager months in advance (a lot of that does have to do with share price's etc).

I'm not saying it's right or it's how it should be done, I find a lot of what goes on at football clubs quite unpalatable across the board, but given the pressures and money involved, sentimentality is last on this list of clubs priorities.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

This video of Mogga makes me sad on 10:45 - Apr 29 with 1066 viewsPhilTWTD

This video of Mogga makes me sad on 10:37 - Apr 29 by clive_baker

Think ideally they would have done but I think they anticipated the news of RK's appointment getting out before they would have been able to do that.
This video of Mogga makes me sad on 13:49 - Apr 29 with 844 viewsChurchman

This video of Mogga makes me sad on 10:26 - Apr 29 by PhilTWTD

That's the way it's generally done, whether it's poor form or otherwise.

The responsibility for managing that properly lay with Evans and his henchman. He was the one firing Magilton, he was the one replacing him.

The outcome was a quick bell, presumably cheap rate, while Jim’s mother was in Intensive Care. Even if Evans had gone to Ireland and seem JM face to face, it would have been better than that.
This video of Mogga makes me sad on 14:57 - Apr 29 with 778 viewsBonneNIL

Great man, a good manager, and an exceptional center half for Ipswich. I often imagine if we had signed him and Veno in 1993 if our time in the top flight would have lasted more than a couple of years?

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024