Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sanctions - why bother? 17:42 - Apr 28 with 505 viewsChurchman

It looks like the main buyers of Russian energy are bending the knee to Putins orders. Caving in. The strongman has got his way and has Europe exactly where he wants it. I don’t see that Poland and Bulgaria will have much choice but to follow Germany’s lead.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10762549/Europes-biggest-energy-compani

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/apr/28/european-energy-firms-seek-ways

Are sanctions on stuff bar the one thing that matters just a PR tokenism to make it look as if the west is doing something? If so, why bother? Everything Europe does (including the U.K.) looks weak and to be blowing up in its face. The money is rolling in to Putin like never before. £1bn a day from the EU alone.
Sanctions - why bother? on 18:03 - Apr 28 with 463 viewsgiant_stow

If anyone can explain why paying a Russian bank the money is acceptable, I'd really appreciate it. Won't this ruin the sanctions by still boosting the Rouble? From my uneducated standpoint, it looks like the rest of the EU is hanging Poland and Bulgaria out to dry, although I know that could be simpleton logic....

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Sanctions - why bother? on 19:12 - Apr 28 with 429 viewsjeera

Sanctions - why bother? on 18:03 - Apr 28 by giant_stow

If anyone can explain why paying a Russian bank the money is acceptable, I'd really appreciate it. Won't this ruin the sanctions by still boosting the Rouble? From my uneducated standpoint, it looks like the rest of the EU is hanging Poland and Bulgaria out to dry, although I know that could be simpleton logic....

I suppose the only other option could be to go to war and risk the outcome.

But that's not going to happen is it and relieving the burden of dependence on Russia is going to take years.

And as now matey has extended his threats beyond NATO directly joining a war to those now even helping Ukraine with weapons...

Eventually something has to break.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024