Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland reported losses of 224k a week 13:23 - Apr 29 with 2214 viewsIllinoisblue

Life in L1 continues to make no sense at all.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Sunderland reported losses of 224k a week on 13:51 - Apr 29 with 2084 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Great timing for a 48% pay rise!

Our equivalent headline figure was £121 for every £100 of income in 2020 and I doubt it's got much better in 2021. Our subsequent events note on those accounts will be interesting but the 2022 accounts will be juicy.

I'd love to see the formula on the "gross squad cost" line on that spreadsheet!
Sunderland reported losses of 224k a week on 13:57 - Apr 29 with 2054 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Be interested to see ours.
Sunderland reported losses of 224k a week on 15:16 - Apr 29 with 1868 viewsIllinoisblue

Sunderland reported losses of 224k a week on 13:57 - Apr 29 by abracaDOBRA_

Be interested to see ours.

Indeed. Expect they’ll be eye watering

62 - 78 - 81

Sunderland reported losses of 224k a week on 15:19 - Apr 29 with 1859 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Sunderland reported losses of 224k a week on 15:16 - Apr 29 by Illinoisblue

Indeed. Expect they’ll be eye watering

Much better than what they would've been under evans tho, suspect will take a few years (and a promotion) to even things out a bit
Sunderland reported losses of 224k a week on 15:20 - Apr 29 with 1861 viewsBonneNIL

Gamechanger has lost allegedly about £60million between the purchase and to date on Ipswich Town, that's a year, and that's already over half what Evans lost in over a decade on it, so you can see why he was so keen to sell. Another year in this league is going to cost them in the region of another £10mil at least assuming we are going to be paying the same level of wages.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

Sunderland reported losses of 224k a week on 15:23 - Apr 29 with 1848 viewsjayessess

I'm always confused as to how these reported accounts work with SCMP?

As I understand it SCMP mandates that wages must be below a certain percentage of revenue on an ongoing basis, on pain of a transfer embargo. So why hasn't that happened here?

I can't remember anyone ever being sanctioned under SCMP?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Sunderland reported losses of 224k a week on 15:45 - Apr 29 with 1798 viewsIllinoisblue

Sunderland reported losses of 224k a week on 15:23 - Apr 29 by jayessess

As I understand it SCMP mandates that wages must be below a certain percentage of revenue on an ongoing basis, on pain of a transfer embargo. So why hasn't that happened here?

Maybe something to do with how their parachute payments were accounted for? I genuinely don’t know. Football finances make no sense at all.

62 - 78 - 81

Sunderland reported losses of 224k a week on 16:57 - Apr 29 with 1683 viewsSwansea_Blue

So in short, they’ve gone into free fall since they lost their parachutes?

(Sorry)

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Sunderland reported losses of 224k a week on 17:04 - Apr 29 with 1664 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sunderland reported losses of 224k a week on 13:51 - Apr 29 by King_ding_a_lin_g

Great timing for a 48% pay rise!

Our equivalent headline figure was £121 for every £100 of income in 2020 and I doubt it's got much better in 2021. Our subsequent events note on those accounts will be interesting but the 2022 accounts will be juicy.

I'd love to see the formula on the "gross squad cost" line on that spreadsheet!

Yeah, hard to justify that increase in Director salary. But then look at what the old regime were paying - £1.8m highest paid director in 2018. That was the year they were relegated to L1 and was an increase on the year before when they were relegated from the PL. Classic reward for failure when it comes to the top dogs.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Sunderland reported losses of 224k a week on 17:54 - Apr 29 with 1590 viewsmutters

Sunderland reported losses of 224k a week on 15:20 - Apr 29 by BonneNIL

Gamechanger has lost allegedly about £60million between the purchase and to date on Ipswich Town, that's a year, and that's already over half what Evans lost in over a decade on it, so you can see why he was so keen to sell. Another year in this league is going to cost them in the region of another £10mil at least assuming we are going to be paying the same level of wages.

I wouldnt call the purchase price a loss, surely that's the initial investment capital. There is still a lot of residue value in the club itself.

How much do you think we lose per year at the moment? Still circa £10 million?
[Post edited 29 Apr 2022 17:54]

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Sunderland reported losses of 224k a week on 18:08 - Apr 29 with 1558 viewsjeera

"Gamechanger has lost allegedly about £60million between the purchase and to date on Ipswich Town".

That doesn't make any sense.

The funds buying the club aren't part of losses and if they were to become losses that couldn't be verified as such until the club is one day sold on. At a loss.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Sunderland reported losses of 224k a week on 18:32 - Apr 29 with 1518 viewsFrimleyBlue

Am I reading that wrong...

Rule is 60% of turnover and they're spending 115% of it?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Sunderland reported losses of 224k a week on 19:33 - Apr 29 with 1430 viewsPhilTWTD

Sunderland reported losses of 224k a week on 15:19 - Apr 29 by abracaDOBRA_

Much better than what they would've been under evans tho, suspect will take a few years (and a promotion) to even things out a bit

I'd expect them to be higher than under ME as the wage bill will have been much higher than it would have been if he'd stayed in charge.
Sunderland reported losses of 224k a week on 19:35 - Apr 29 with 1405 viewsPhilTWTD

Sunderland reported losses of 224k a week on 15:23 - Apr 29 by jayessess

Not everything is included under SCMP, players aged U21, for example, players whose contracts go back a year prior to relegation (off the top of my head) and there are facilities for money to be put in without impacting the SCMP total.
Sunderland reported losses of 224k a week on 19:50 - Apr 29 with 1379 viewsVeggie

I doubt ours is that much better. Our player wage bill is reputedly around £9.5 million and MA and all the new staff must add another £1-2m to that. We could well be in for a loss of at least £5m for the season.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2022 19:54]
Sunderland reported losses of 224k a week on 19:59 - Apr 29 with 1341 viewsPhilTWTD

Sunderland reported losses of 224k a week on 19:50 - Apr 29 by Veggie

I doubt ours is that much better. Our player wage bill is reputedly around £9.5 million and MA and all the new staff must add another £1-2m to that. We could well be in for a loss of at least £5m for the season.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2022 19:54]

Made a £5m loss in this division in 2019/20. Difficult to compare precisely as the end of that season was hit by Covid but it would surprise me if it wasn't nearer double that.
Sunderland reported losses of 224k a week on 06:10 - Apr 30 with 1010 viewsElephantintheRoom

Somewhat misleading I would suggest as debt might have been maximised as part of the sale process - not to mention Covid.

Thé 3 Amigos might blanche a bit when they see how much Sunderland managed to lose in the richest league in the world.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Sunderland reported losses of 224k a week on 08:30 - Apr 30 with 906 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Gamechanger haven't lost anything until they sell the club?

Until then (whilst we are led to believe their intentions are long term) it's investment, however or whether the losses are recognised.
Sunderland reported losses of 224k a week on 08:54 - Apr 30 with 881 viewsVeggie

Sunderland reported losses of 224k a week on 08:30 - Apr 30 by King_ding_a_lin_g

Gamechanger haven't lost anything until they sell the club?

Until then (whilst we are led to believe their intentions are long term) it's investment, however or whether the losses are recognised.

They have lost whatever the loss is this season. Obviously the price they paid isn’t exactly a loss. In reality their investment in us has been a bit of a gamble. Hopefully they remain committed to it in the long term and don’t turn off the tap. Whatever people say about ME, at least he stood by his promise to bankroll the club with his own money each year.
Sunderland reported losses of 224k a week on 08:58 - Apr 30 with 878 viewsVeggie

Sunderland reported losses of 224k a week on 19:59 - Apr 29 by PhilTWTD

Made a £5m loss in this division in 2019/20. Difficult to compare precisely as the end of that season was hit by Covid but it would surprise me if it wasn't nearer double that.

I was basing my guesstimate on the basis that our wages are circa £20-11m and we have brought in circa £5-6m in gate receipts. So around £5m in deficit, but I understand that there are more costs than just wages.
Sunderland reported losses of 224k a week on 09:36 - Apr 30 with 807 viewsPhilTWTD

Sunderland reported losses of 224k a week on 08:58 - Apr 30 by Veggie

I was basing my guesstimate on the basis that our wages are circa £20-11m and we have brought in circa £5-6m in gate receipts. So around £5m in deficit, but I understand that there are more costs than just wages.

I'm guessing wages would be a fair bit higher than that, assuming you meant £10-11m.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024