Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First Direct bank 08:27 - Apr 30 with 972 viewsRadlett_blue

I'm thinking of changing banks & First Direct generally get good reviews and ratings. Have any helpful TWTDers had experiences of them, good or bad?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

First Direct bank on 08:42 - Apr 30 with 943 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Has to be Coutts every time!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

First Direct bank on 08:57 - Apr 30 with 919 viewssticklegs

Been with them for 25 years and in this age of woeful customer service, it's probably one of the few companies I'd recommend.
First Direct bank on 08:59 - Apr 30 with 912 viewsAtmosphere

I have been with First Direct for over 20 years. Great customer service without the bulls***
First Direct bank on 09:08 - Apr 30 with 901 viewsMookamoo

Yes would recommend. Been with them since before the internets. They just got the idea of tech banking really quickly and are good at it.

Fraud department picked up on my partners card getting stolen before we even noticed and they sorted it without a fuss.
First Direct bank on 09:15 - Apr 30 with 894 viewsBent_double

Been with them for over 15 years and very happy - they never bother me with unwanted sales calls or other marketing, current account is free, telephone banking always prompt and efficient if needed.

The only negative that I can come up with is that since my local (HSBC) branch went digital a few months ago, I can no longer pay cash into my account using their machines, so was advised to use the Post Office instead! Not a problem if you don't use or pay cash in, of course.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

First Direct bank on 09:36 - Apr 30 with 868 viewsmutters

Very good bank, have been using them for year. Offer free 250 od, just launched a reg saver at 3.5% and everytime I need to speak to them they pick up the phone quickly.

They also often offer 150 free cash of you move your direct debits/switching service. Not sure if it's on all the time but it does often appear in MSE regular email.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

First Direct bank on 10:20 - Apr 30 with 839 viewsN2_Blue

I think they are pretty good compared to other banks I've dealt with. Changed bank 10 years ago to FD and never had any issue and customer service is generally very good.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

First Direct bank on 10:25 - Apr 30 with 830 viewsRadlett_blue

Thanks, everyone. They seem to get the thumbs up for customer service.
Is their app any good?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

First Direct bank on 10:34 - Apr 30 with 817 viewsPiercingBlue

First Direct bank on 10:25 - Apr 30 by Radlett_blue

Thanks, everyone. They seem to get the thumbs up for customer service.
Is their app any good?

Excellent bank and the app is easy to use
First Direct bank on 12:42 - Apr 30 with 736 viewsBlueForYou

Have been with First Direct for 30 years! Would never bank with anyone else. You won't find a better or more helpful bank anywhere. Thoroughly recommend.
First Direct bank on 12:50 - Apr 30 with 721 viewsGavTWTD

Been with them over 20 years and not a single complaint over that time. Branches at HSBC of course if you need counter service.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

First Direct bank on 18:14 - Apr 30 with 641 viewsfactual_blue

Absolutely top-notch.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

First Direct bank on 18:47 - Apr 30 with 623 viewsOldsmoker

Fantastic endorsements from all of you.

Anyone got any funny stories about your mothers maiden name and/or your date of birth?

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024