Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where's Brenner? (n/t) 12:40 - Apr 30 with 5431 viewsKeno

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Where's Brenner? (n/t) on 12:41 - Apr 30 with 3606 viewsGlasgowBlue

Let go along with Norwood and Carroll.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Where's Brenner? (n/t) on 12:44 - Apr 30 with 3584 viewsDublinBlue84

Ifollow is now using ITFC's own commentary not Radio Suffolk.

Brenner is still on the radio.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Where's Brenner? (n/t) on 12:50 - Apr 30 with 3537 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Where's Brenner? (n/t) on 12:44 - Apr 30 by DublinBlue84

Excellent news.
Where's Brenner? (n/t) on 12:53 - Apr 30 with 3486 viewsGlasgowBlue

It's the first time this season that the audio has been in sync with the video.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Where's Brenner? (n/t) on 18:15 - May 1 with 3243 viewsBlueySwede

Awful commentary, shouting, over the top, bad sound quality. Bring bang Brenner and Mills/Mathie for next season.
Where's Brenner? (n/t) on 18:17 - May 1 with 3230 viewsMattinLondon

Where's Brenner? (n/t) on 12:50 - Apr 30 by FrankfurtBlue

Excellent news.

Why? Brenner provides excellent commentary.
Where's Brenner? (n/t) on 18:34 - May 1 with 3157 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Where's Brenner? (n/t) on 18:15 - May 1 by BlueySwede

Awful commentary, shouting, over the top, bad sound quality. Bring bang Brenner and Mills/Mathie for next season.

I must have had a different commentary feed to you. None of that happened to mine. The only criticisms I had was that there was no commentary at all for the first few minutes, and George Edmundson was not a great co-commentator (he is inexperienced, and is presumably only a stopgap anyway). It was a good debut performance from the commentator though, with few, if any, mistakes.
Where's Brenner? (n/t) on 18:38 - May 1 with 3137 viewsDeano69

ITFC TV

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Login to get fewer ads

Where's Brenner? (n/t) on 18:42 - May 1 with 3118 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Agree with this. Watching the club highlights, the commentators sounds over excited to say the least… think he needed a clean up after Bakinson’s goal.

Also enjoy the input from the co-commentators on radio Suffolk… well, most of the time!
Where's Brenner? (n/t) on 18:43 - May 1 with 3107 viewsDJR

Agreed. Still at least Final Whistle will still be available, which I listen to on BBC Sounds after watching the game to get Mills or Mathie's insight into the game.
Where's Brenner? (n/t) on 18:46 - May 1 with 3100 viewsGavTWTD

Where's Brenner? (n/t) on 18:34 - May 1 by FrankfurtBlue

I must have had a different commentary feed to you. None of that happened to mine. The only criticisms I had was that there was no commentary at all for the first few minutes, and George Edmundson was not a great co-commentator (he is inexperienced, and is presumably only a stopgap anyway). It was a good debut performance from the commentator though, with few, if any, mistakes.

I loved hearing from Edmundson. Gave some insights and behind the scenes comments. The quality of the audio could have been better but stuff like that can be fixed. The use of injured players for commentary is a great idea. Looking forward to more of the same.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Where's Brenner? (n/t) on 18:55 - May 1 with 3036 viewsFrimleyBlue

Where's Brenner? (n/t) on 18:46 - May 1 by GavTWTD

I loved hearing from Edmundson. Gave some insights and behind the scenes comments. The quality of the audio could have been better but stuff like that can be fixed. The use of injured players for commentary is a great idea. Looking forward to more of the same.

What I like about it is the potential to learn what's been worked on within training which comes directly from a players mouth and not what commentators presume..

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Where's Brenner? (n/t) on 18:57 - May 1 with 3042 viewsbringbacktheglory

I agree, I think the shouting and over-excitement would seem less obvious with better audio quality (whether that's the equipment, acoustics or being slightly removed from the microphone; I'm no expert).

I think it's great to have a commentator designed for watching the game live, as well as giving an opportunity for up-and-coming commentators. Insights from players are always great, allows fans to feel more involved and closer to the club, IMO.
Where's Brenner? (n/t) on 19:02 - May 1 with 3002 viewsNthQldITFC

"How d'you know he's still? You can't see him on the radio."

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Where's Brenner? (n/t) on 19:14 - May 1 with 2959 viewsbilllm

Where's Brenner? (n/t) on 18:17 - May 1 by MattinLondon

Why? Brenner provides excellent commentary.

Nah he's biased,
Where's Brenner? (n/t) on 19:15 - May 1 with 2949 viewsGeoffSentence

In the home end, getting excited about an away team attack

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Where's Brenner? (n/t) on 19:27 - May 1 with 2919 viewsDJR

I can see where you're coming from Gav, but I'd rather the insights of someone with Mick Mills' experience. The other issue with using current players is that they're not going to say, for example, that Burgess is having a shocker, or that the formation down the right isn't working. It was also interesting to hear Mick Mills say yesterday that he would sign Bonne. Coming from someone with his knowledge, I thought that fairly significant. But this sort of view isn't going to come from a current player. Bringing it in-house is presumably partly driven by the need to monetise things, but it does to an extent also smack of corporate branding, something which I am not really a fan of. Of course, I have no objection to things like Coffee Club, but when it comes to the coverage of games, I prefer a little more objectivity.
[Post edited 1 May 2022 19:30]
Where's Brenner? (n/t) on 19:34 - May 1 with 2880 viewsMattinLondon

Where's Brenner? (n/t) on 19:14 - May 1 by billlm

Nah he's biased,

Well obviously he’s biased to Ipswich, that kinda goes without saying.
Where's Brenner? (n/t) on 19:41 - May 1 with 2850 viewsFifeITFC

Where's Brenner? (n/t) on 19:34 - May 1 by MattinLondon

Well obviously he’s biased to Ipswich, that kinda goes without saying.

If only that were true...

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Where's Brenner? (n/t) on 19:48 - May 1 with 2821 viewsnoggin

Where's Brenner? (n/t) on 18:34 - May 1 by FrankfurtBlue

I agree with you. I thought he was good.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Where's Brenner? (n/t) on 22:20 - May 1 with 2597 viewsnorfsufblue

I like the RS commentary but ( and I have nothing against him, after all he scored ahat trick against Norwich !) but Alex Mathie has a terrible win record when I've listened to him, he should take one for the team so to speak and give it up and hopefully sit back and enjoy watching us
Where's Brenner? (n/t) on 09:42 - May 2 with 2311 viewsWhos_blue

Where's Brenner? (n/t) on 12:50 - Apr 30 by FrankfurtBlue

Excellent news.

I don't always understand the issue people have with BW. I always find him to be a very professional and well researched commentator.
MM does have his little "y'know" verbal tick, but it's always great to hear his insight.
Many clubs would love to have a bone fide club legend providing regular co-comentary.
I'll miss them both if this is end.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Where's Brenner? (n/t) on 09:46 - May 2 with 2299 viewsKeno

Where's Brenner? (n/t) on 09:42 - May 2 by Whos_blue

I don't always understand the issue people have with BW. I always find him to be a very professional and well researched commentator.
MM does have his little "y'know" verbal tick, but it's always great to hear his insight.
Many clubs would love to have a bone fide club legend providing regular co-comentary.

^^^^THIS^^^^

couldn't have said it better

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Where's Brenner? (n/t) on 09:59 - May 2 with 2258 viewsDJR

Where's Brenner? (n/t) on 09:46 - May 2 by Keno

^^^^THIS^^^^

couldn't have said it better

I second that. I mentioned this on an earlier thread, but BBC Merseyside had Craig Hignett as co-commentator for the Carabao Cup Final. His only connection with Liverpool is that he was born there, and was a former Liverpool trainee. Clearly no comparison with Mick Mills.
[Post edited 2 May 2022 10:00]
Where's Brenner? (n/t) on 10:02 - May 2 with 2252 viewsJ2BLUE

Where's Brenner? (n/t) on 09:42 - May 2 by Whos_blue

He only has his voice to tell the story of the same. Some people can't seem to work out why he sounds more animated in certain situations.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024