Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How did Baggott do today? 15:49 - Apr 30 with 4990 viewsChrisd

Missed the game unfortunately.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

How did Baggott do today? on 15:53 - Apr 30 with 3235 viewsnorth_stand77

He played well, very assured with the ball I thought. Nice turn in front of the North to keep possession.
How did Baggott do today? on 15:56 - Apr 30 with 3196 viewsChrisd

How did Baggott do today? on 15:53 - Apr 30 by north_stand77

He played well, very assured with the ball I thought. Nice turn in front of the North to keep possession.

I really do believe this lad would fit perfectly into KM's style of play. I know we sometimes go overboard with some of our youngsters, but young Baggott definitely has something about him which makes feel he's the real deal.

How did Baggott do today? on 15:57 - Apr 30 with 3181 viewsbackwaywhen

Looks very calm and you can see there is a really good prospect in the lad , hopefully will go far and with us …….. time will tell .
[Redacted] on 15:58 - Apr 30 with 3166 viewsvictorywilhappen

How did Baggott do today? on 15:53 - Apr 30 by north_stand77

[Redacted]
How did Baggott do today? on 15:59 - Apr 30 with 3156 viewsPendejo

He'll do

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

How did Baggott do today? on 16:01 - Apr 30 with 3118 viewsChrisd

[Redacted] on 15:58 - Apr 30 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Blimey, he's a young lad. Do you play football and not make mistakes? The fact he's playing in front of 26,000, do you think he might be a little nervous making his second league start? That's why he's got the experienced players around him to help him. I'd be more disappointed if they didn't encourage and support him.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2022 17:59]

How did Baggott do today? on 16:03 - Apr 30 with 3090 viewslongtimefan

He looks a cool character. Very composed on the ball and has a range of passes. He did have a couple of problems though. Was beaten in the air in the first half and was saved by another brilliant stop by Walton. Also had a couple of nervy moments in the second half where he didn’t seem fully aware of the strikers around him. Got chewed out by Walton for not dealing with one ball bouncing in the area but in my opinion Walton should have come and claimed it himself. Overall an extremely promising prospect, though given the competition for that spot, I would think he’d progress more by getting a good quality loan deal next season.
[Redacted] on 16:05 - Apr 30 with 3068 viewsvictorywilhappen

How did Baggott do today? on 16:01 - Apr 30 by Chrisd

Blimey, he's a young lad. Do you play football and not make mistakes? The fact he's playing in front of 26,000, do you think he might be a little nervous making his second league start? That's why he's got the experienced players around him to help him. I'd be more disappointed if they didn't encourage and support him.

[Redacted]
Login to get fewer ads

How did Baggott do today? on 16:07 - Apr 30 with 3021 viewsPinewoodblue

Is Ndaba ahead of him in the pecking order?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

How did Baggott do today? on 16:11 - Apr 30 with 2996 viewsJDB23

How did Baggott do today? on 16:01 - Apr 30 by Chrisd

Why ask a question if you respond like that to an honest answer?

He looked calm on the ball but there were one or two situations that could have cost us more. Based on what I’ve seen he looks like he has a lot of potential but needs a loan to get that experience of dealing with those situations under his belt.
How did Baggott do today? on 16:18 - Apr 30 with 2947 viewsChrisd

How did Baggott do today? on 16:11 - Apr 30 by JDB23

Why ask a question if you respond like that to an honest answer?

He looked calm on the ball but there were one or two situations that could have cost us more. Based on what I’ve seen he looks like he has a lot of potential but needs a loan to get that experience of dealing with those situations under his belt.

I think some on here have this perception that footballers don't make mistakes. What I'd be looking at is how he reacts after he's made those errors, but I might look at things differently to some. Players are going to make mistakes young or experienced, but how they respond to those is what's most important and shows his character.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2022 16:21]

How did Baggott do today? on 16:19 - Apr 30 with 2939 viewsVic

[Redacted]

That’s what senior players and the bench do - coach, encourage and cajol young players. It’s not complaining or telling them off, it’s guiding and helping them through the match. You make it sound as if he was nervous and poor, when he was anything else.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2022 16:56]

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

[Redacted] on 16:21 - Apr 30 with 2914 viewsvictorywilhappen

How did Baggott do today? on 16:18 - Apr 30 by Chrisd

I think some on here have this perception that footballers don't make mistakes. What I'd be looking at is how he reacts after he's made those errors, but I might look at things differently to some. Players are going to make mistakes young or experienced, but how they respond to those is what's most important and shows his character.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2022 16:21]

[Redacted]
How did Baggott do today? on 16:21 - Apr 30 with 2914 viewsBuhrer

The boy done good, and we won 4 to nothing.
[Redacted] on 16:23 - Apr 30 with 2890 viewsvictorywilhappen

How did Baggott do today? on 16:19 - Apr 30 by Vic

That’s what senior players and the bench do - coach, encourage and cajol young players. It’s not complaining or telling them off, it’s guiding and helping them through the match. You make it sound as if he was nervous and poor, when he was anything else.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2022 16:56]

[Redacted]
How did Baggott do today? on 16:27 - Apr 30 with 2850 viewsChrisd

[Redacted] on 16:21 - Apr 30 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

It's 'off' not 'of'! But thanks for the advice. Now off ya go.

How did Baggott do today? on 16:30 - Apr 30 with 2823 viewsBuhrer

[Redacted] on 16:23 - Apr 30 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Your summary did sound a little harsh, mistakes without actually conceding during a fun winning game....

8/10
[Redacted] on 16:35 - Apr 30 with 2780 viewsvictorywilhappen

How did Baggott do today? on 16:30 - Apr 30 by Buhrer

Your summary did sound a little harsh, mistakes without actually conceding during a fun winning game....

8/10

[Redacted]
How did Baggott do today? on 16:35 - Apr 30 with 2779 viewsSkip_Intro

[Redacted]

Your post outlines exactly why all the divs who were crying because we brought Burgess back after Baggott's debut were wrong (not having a dig at you btw).
He's a young player. Did well today and is still learning - let's not rush him, build him up as the next big thing and destroy him...he will keep learning and hopefully become a very good player over time...
[Redacted] on 16:36 - Apr 30 with 2767 viewsvictorywilhappen

How did Baggott do today? on 16:27 - Apr 30 by Chrisd

It's 'off' not 'of'! But thanks for the advice. Now off ya go.

[Redacted]
[Redacted] on 16:39 - Apr 30 with 2736 viewsvictorywilhappen

How did Baggott do today? on 16:35 - Apr 30 by Skip_Intro

Your post outlines exactly why all the divs who were crying because we brought Burgess back after Baggott's debut were wrong (not having a dig at you btw).
He's a young player. Did well today and is still learning - let's not rush him, build him up as the next big thing and destroy him...he will keep learning and hopefully become a very good player over time...

[Redacted]
How did Baggott do today? on 16:45 - Apr 30 with 2708 viewsChrisd

[Redacted] on 16:36 - Apr 30 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Still makes little sense, but thanks again.

How did Baggott do today? on 16:55 - Apr 30 with 2668 viewsGeoffSentence

He did really well, I was very impressed. He looked very composed, and it was him who brought the call out of defence for the first goal. Did have a lapse of concentration early in the second half that gave us a bit of a hairy moment, but overall I was very impresssed.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

How did Baggott do today? on 17:01 - Apr 30 with 2631 viewsjayessess

Looks very assured in possession and defending on the ground. Got beaten for strength/body position on a couple of headers with Stockley, but he's hardly the only centre back that'll happen to.

Arguably already better as a ball player than Burges...

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

I thought he was brilliant for 80% of the game…. BUT on 17:05 - Apr 30 with 2618 viewsunstableblue

He lacked a bit of experience in 3 scenarios in the second half,
One of which almost led to a Charlton goal.

Wolf and Morsy having to direct him heavily at times, and he also lacked a little confidence in moving forward.

BUT, he looks an amazing prospect and first half I was thinking sell Burgess and do we even need Edmundson?!?

But those few wobbles made me think he needs League One games (or at least League Two), but perhaps we can’t risk that being with us.

Ndaba makes even more competition.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024