Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tractordownsouth's 1-24 Predictions competition: Results 16:53 - Apr 30 with 2235 viewsKropotkin123

Before the start of the season tractordownsouth started their awesome 1-24 Predictions competition. Each posted had to predict the League One table from positions 1-24. We had 56 entrants and the winner was promised gift vouchers at the club to the value of a Town top.

Congratulations to waveneyblue who won the competition, even with having Charlton in 4th! A great effort! I'll direct message you to see how best to sort this out. Well done to topshout and Lesta_Tractor for their podium finishes. The wooden spoon goes to WeWereZombies who was a full 70 points behind.

Standings
1: waveneyblue - 96
2: topshout - 100
3: Lesta_Tractor - 102
4: willitfc - 106
5: TractorFrog - 108
6: reusersfreekicks - 108
7: Paddy39 - 110
8: pelles321 - 110
9: EricsGate - 112
10: Tangledupin_Blue - 112
11: tractordownsouth - 114
12: TomTheWriter - 114
13: churchmantom - 114
14: Asa - 114
15: cooperd5 - 114
16: Superblue95 - 116
17: Citynil - 116
18: Parky - 118
19: portmanroadblue - 118
20: WickhamsLeftBoot - 118
21: TractorCam - 118
22: DropCliffsNotBombs - 118
23: SitfcB - 118
24: quirkie - 120
25: Stenvict - 120
26: The_Romford_Blue - 122
27: BlacknGoldnBlue - 122
28: portmanpensioner - 122
29: MerseyBlue - 124
30: Oldboy - 126
31: J2BLUE - 126
32: King_of_Portman_Rd - 126
33: OwainG1992 - 126
34: StowTractorBoy - 130
35: Romeo4 - 130
36: NthQldITFC - 130
37: Bluefish - 132
38: thelingting - 132
39: FPL_Tractor - 132
40: thorpedo - 132
41: Pilgrimblue - 132
42: north_stand77 - 132
43: Kropotkin123 - 134
44: CoachRob - 136
45: pointofblue - 136
46: GiveusaWave - 142
47: sohamblue74 - 142
48: Timefliesbyintheblue - 144
49: Robbie12345 - 144
50: Warkystache - 144
51: ChateauWines - 150
52: Nthsuffolkblue - 152
53: TeHuia - 156
54: Esseeja - 156
55: ClareBlue - 164
56: WeWereZombies - 166
[Post edited 30 Apr 2022 16:57]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

tractordownsouth's 1-24 Predictions competition: Results on 17:46 - Apr 30 with 2124 viewsTractorFrog

Considering I know almost nothing about the other 23 teams in this league to fluke fifth place is a great result. Thanks for the competition.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

tractordownsouth's 1-24 Predictions competition: Results on 17:50 - Apr 30 with 2110 viewstractordownsouth

Thanks for helping to sort this out. I’m happy with 11th place - I had a few shockers (Charlton 3rd and Cambridge 24th spring to mind) but I got MK in the play offs which I don’t think many did.

Roll on next year.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

tractordownsouth's 1-24 Predictions competition: Results on 17:50 - Apr 30 with 2110 viewsreusersfreekicks

tractordownsouth's 1-24 Predictions competition: Results on 17:46 - Apr 30 by TractorFrog

Considering I know almost nothing about the other 23 teams in this league to fluke fifth place is a great result. Thanks for the competition.

6th! Think I had Charlton top!
Is the original thread still available?
tractordownsouth's 1-24 Predictions competition: Results on 17:50 - Apr 30 with 2105 viewsCheltenham_Blue

A helpful table of "Who to listen to and who to not to", for next season.
Thanks.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

tractordownsouth's 1-24 Predictions competition: Results on 17:53 - Apr 30 with 2107 viewstractordownsouth

tractordownsouth's 1-24 Predictions competition: Results on 17:50 - Apr 30 by reusersfreekicks

6th! Think I had Charlton top!
Is the original thread still available?

1-24 Predictions competition by tractordownsouth 28 Jul 2021 15:21
I posted a thread the other day for posters to predict the League One table but have decided to make it into a competition. Here are the rules:

Each poster must predict the table 1-24. At the end of the season you will score points based on how far away you were from each team's league finish.

For example if you were to predict Town to finish 2nd and we finish 2nd then you would score 0 points. If we finish bottom of the league you would get 22 points.

Your scores for every team in the league are then added up. The aim is to finish on as few points as possible. In the unlikely event that more than one entrant is tied for points, the winner will be decided by who has the highest number of teams predicted in exactly the right place in the table.

There won't be any late counting of results this year as Kropotkin and his friend Google Spreadsheets have kindly offered to assist. No entry fees but there may be a prize on offer. Entries can be posted and edited up until 3pm on 7th August (Town's first game) if Phil would be so kind as to sticky it. Good luck!

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

tractordownsouth's 1-24 Predictions competition: Results on 17:54 - Apr 30 with 2094 viewsTractorFrog

tractordownsouth's 1-24 Predictions competition: Results on 17:53 - Apr 30 by tractordownsouth

I posted a thread the other day for posters to predict the League One table but have decided to make it into a competition. Here are the rules:

Each poster must predict the table 1-24. At the end of the season you will score points based on how far away you were from each team's league finish.

For example if you were to predict Town to finish 2nd and we finish 2nd then you would score 0 points. If we finish bottom of the league you would get 22 points.

Your scores for every team in the league are then added up. The aim is to finish on as few points as possible. In the unlikely event that more than one entrant is tied for points, the winner will be decided by who has the highest number of teams predicted in exactly the right place in the table.

There won't be any late counting of results this year as Kropotkin and his friend Google Spreadsheets have kindly offered to assist. No entry fees but there may be a prize on offer. Entries can be posted and edited up until 3pm on 7th August (Town's first game) if Phil would be so kind as to sticky it. Good luck!

Thanks. I had Wigan and Rotherham as top two correctly but had massively overestimated Charlton and Lincoln and underestimated Plymouth.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

tractordownsouth's 1-24 Predictions competition: Results on 18:11 - Apr 30 with 2063 viewspointofblue

tractordownsouth's 1-24 Predictions competition: Results on 17:53 - Apr 30 by tractordownsouth

Crewe, Gillingham and Doncaster in 13th, 14th and 15th from me. Oops. MK Dons down in 11th, Plymouth in 18th. Got four of the top six right which is slightly reassuring; the two teams that played at Portman Road today being the ones which missed out.

Thanks for running this.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

tractordownsouth's 1-24 Predictions competition: Results on 18:29 - Apr 30 with 2041 viewswaveneyblue

tractordownsouth's 1-24 Predictions competition: Results on 18:11 - Apr 30 by pointofblue

Crewe, Gillingham and Doncaster in 13th, 14th and 15th from me. Oops. MK Dons down in 11th, Plymouth in 18th. Got four of the top six right which is slightly reassuring; the two teams that played at Portman Road today being the ones which missed out.

Thanks for running this.

Blimey, I never usually win anything.

Thanks for organising the competition.
Login to get fewer ads

tractordownsouth's 1-24 Predictions competition: Results on 22:31 - Apr 30 with 1899 viewsTangledupin_Blue

tractordownsouth's 1-24 Predictions competition: Results on 17:50 - Apr 30 by tractordownsouth

Thanks for helping to sort this out. I’m happy with 11th place - I had a few shockers (Charlton 3rd and Cambridge 24th spring to mind) but I got MK in the play offs which I don’t think many did.

Roll on next year.

No... I didn't have MK in play-offs; I had them second!

Thanks to those involved in running this challenge.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

tractordownsouth's 1-24 Predictions competition: Results on 22:47 - Apr 30 with 1887 viewsNthsuffolkblue

tractordownsouth's 1-24 Predictions competition: Results on 17:50 - Apr 30 by tractordownsouth

Roll on next year.

11th place has to be a great platform for next season.

I feel humbled with my placing. Dodged the bottom 4 just.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

tractordownsouth's 1-24 Predictions competition: Results on 22:53 - Apr 30 with 1875 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Thanks, Cambridge, us and Wycombe hurt my points tally a lot.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

tractordownsouth's 1-24 Predictions competition: Results on 08:37 - May 1 with 1770 viewsGlasgowBlue

Has Zombies been relegated to League 2?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

tractordownsouth's 1-24 Predictions competition: Results on 19:36 - May 1 with 1577 viewsLesta_Tractor

Third place 😦

Shame town didn't manage similar!

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

tractordownsouth's 1-24 Predictions competition: Results on 19:58 - May 3 with 1143 viewsAsa

14th out of 56th. That'll do me.

I mean how some of you lot didn't know Accrington would finish 12th and Wycombe 6th is beyond me. Nailed on those two!
tractordownsouth's 1-24 Predictions competition: Results on 22:29 - May 3 with 1123 viewsClareBlue

Thanks for keeping the records. I was hoping you would forget and not post the results.

Absolute shocking performance by myself. Even randomly it would be hard to do as bad as I did.

But this year I have a new strategy involving a random number generator.
tractordownsouth's 1-24 Predictions competition: Results on 22:38 - May 3 with 1120 viewsEdwardF

Surely some mistake.?
The man who know everything there is to know about ITFC in particular, and football in general, is only in postion 37!!

Poll: Hypothetically who would you prefer as your main striker:

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024