Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Skuse there it is 20:10 - Apr 30 with 2557 viewsMullet

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Skuse there it is on 20:21 - Apr 30 with 2421 viewscbower

A solid pro appreciated by his peers. It's as if they know more than the fans. Very strange.

bluescouser

Skuse there it is on 20:24 - Apr 30 with 2377 viewsSwansea_Blue

Pleased for him. Not a world beater here, but he also didn’t get the recognition he deserved.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Skuse there it is on 20:25 - Apr 30 with 2360 viewsMullet

Skuse there it is on 20:21 - Apr 30 by cbower

A solid pro appreciated by his peers. It's as if they know more than the fans. Very strange.

Some fans.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Skuse there it is on 00:04 - May 1 with 1707 viewsBlueBadger

Anyone who doesn't appreciate Skuse doesn't appreciate football. I genuinely can't Mach head nor tail of people who hate on the Cole.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Skuse there it is on 00:06 - May 1 with 1694 viewsBlueBadger

Skuse there it is on 20:24 - Apr 30 by Swansea_Blue

Pleased for him. Not a world beater here, but he also didn’t get the recognition he deserved.

One of those players like Jermaine Wright, James Scowcroft or even Mgilton - you can spot the football illiterates by how much they hate them.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Skuse there it is on 01:08 - May 1 with 1614 viewsquad

Skuse there it is on 00:06 - May 1 by BlueBadger

One of those players like Jermaine Wright, James Scowcroft or even Mgilton - you can spot the football illiterates by how much they hate them.

What are you badgering on about?
Skuse there it is on 01:13 - May 1 with 1605 viewsEpiphone

Good luck to Col U if they’re happy with the pedestrian,backward passing has-been!
Skuse there it is on 07:39 - May 1 with 1326 viewsMattinLondon

Skuse there it is on 00:06 - May 1 by BlueBadger

I never really rated Skuse - too one one dimensional and never offered anything going forward. I never ‘hated’ him, thought he was ok but that’s about it.
Login to get fewer ads

Skuse there it is on 08:31 - May 1 with 1171 viewsArnieM

Skuse there it is on 07:39 - May 1 by MattinLondon

I never really rated Skuse - too one one dimensional and never offered anything going forward. I never ‘hated’ him, thought he was ok but that’s about it.

But maybe his role in a team was one of “ going forward”, but of holding or protecting the defence ?

Problem here, was McCarthy played him alongside similar players , or players he’d made play the same role as Skuse, due to his ultra defensive and utterly boring tactics.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Skuse there it is on 08:36 - May 1 with 1134 viewsMattinLondon

Skuse there it is on 08:31 - May 1 by ArnieM

But maybe his role in a team was one of “ going forward”, but of holding or protecting the defence ?

Problem here, was McCarthy played him alongside similar players , or players he’d made play the same role as Skuse, due to his ultra defensive and utterly boring tactics.

That’s a good point but I just think that Skuse lacked that dynamism which is needed in the centre of midfield. But I do take your point - maybe with a different manager we would have seen more from him.
Skuse there it is on 08:41 - May 1 with 1115 viewsBluebell

Such a shame that Paul Cook ‘got rid’ of him and Chambers without the fans being able to thank them for what they both did for our club.

They weren’t world beaters but they were both dedicated players who loved being involved with Ipswich Town.

I am pleased for Skuse now he is being recognised by Colchester.
Skuse there it is on 08:44 - May 1 with 1103 viewsfranz_tyson

Skuse there it is on 08:36 - May 1 by MattinLondon

That’s a good point but I just think that Skuse lacked that dynamism which is needed in the centre of midfield. But I do take your point - maybe with a different manager we would have seen more from him.

I think that's what Skuse lacked - more dynamism and the ability to stride forward with the ball and get us on the front foot. Too often intercepted the ball and his natural instinct was to offload the ball as quickly as possible backwards/sideways. He did his job, but he frustrated me often when there was the possibility to break forwards. That's what I like about Morsy - he always want the ball and back himself in tight situations to get us forward.
Skuse there it is on 08:47 - May 1 with 1086 viewsGlasgowBlue

Skuse there it is on 00:04 - May 1 by BlueBadger

Anyone who doesn't appreciate Skuse doesn't appreciate football. I genuinely can't Mach head nor tail of people who hate on the Cole.

See also Lee Evans and Tyriq Bakinson

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Skuse there it is on 08:50 - May 1 with 1077 viewsPJH

Skuse there it is on 08:41 - May 1 by Bluebell

Such a shame that Paul Cook ‘got rid’ of him and Chambers without the fans being able to thank them for what they both did for our club.

They weren’t world beaters but they were both dedicated players who loved being involved with Ipswich Town.

I am pleased for Skuse now he is being recognised by Colchester.

That is so right.

It would have been nice to be able to thank Chambers and Skuse-and Sears and some of the others that Cook boasted about putting out of work.

I did not stay for the player's walk around yesterday although I have very much liked being an ITFC supporter again since Cook left but it would have been nice to have been able to do it last season.
[Post edited 1 May 2022 8:51]
Skuse there it is on 09:25 - May 1 with 938 viewsChurchman

Skuse there it is on 08:50 - May 1 by PJH

That is so right.

It would have been nice to be able to thank Chambers and Skuse-and Sears and some of the others that Cook boasted about putting out of work.

I did not stay for the player's walk around yesterday although I have very much liked being an ITFC supporter again since Cook left but it would have been nice to have been able to do it last season.
[Post edited 1 May 2022 8:51]

I agree with this. Skuse, Sears and Chambers put in about 850 games for this club and deserve respect and appreciation for that. As an outsider looking in, on reflection I can only view Cook’s approach as an unprofessional, undignified mess. What on earth did he think he was doing? I hope and suspect McKenna and the club are better than that now.

As for Skuse, I was never a huge fan as he was too limited a player for me. However, 268 appearances is a great achievement. You can’t argue with that. He’s always seemed a good club man and rated by his many, including his peers, I’m pleased he’s had a good season and like the majority of our former players, I wish him well.
Skuse there it is on 09:30 - May 1 with 908 viewsBeckets

Skuse there it is on 09:25 - May 1 by Churchman

I agree with this. Skuse, Sears and Chambers put in about 850 games for this club and deserve respect and appreciation for that. As an outsider looking in, on reflection I can only view Cook’s approach as an unprofessional, undignified mess. What on earth did he think he was doing? I hope and suspect McKenna and the club are better than that now.

As for Skuse, I was never a huge fan as he was too limited a player for me. However, 268 appearances is a great achievement. You can’t argue with that. He’s always seemed a good club man and rated by his many, including his peers, I’m pleased he’s had a good season and like the majority of our former players, I wish him well.

Cook is working his magic at Chesterfield as well by the looks of it. They are in danger of not even making the play offs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024