Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oliver Dowden getting upset at Labour and Lib Dems working together 23:25 - Apr 30 with 5711 viewsElderGrizzly

To defeat Tory candidates this week

The perfect response too of course

Oliver Dowden getting upset at Labour and Lib Dems working together on 12:07 - May 2 with 938 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Oliver Dowden getting upset at Labour and Lib Dems working together on 11:50 - May 2 by Darth_Koont

Oliver Dowden being a hypocritical twerp.

I’m more concerned that local elections are being fought on national terms. Totally irrelevant although it does underline how powerless most local politicians and councils are now when they can be usurped in this fashion.

All in all I hope people vote for the best local candidates and if they can’t, then they stay at home. The Westminster political and media class need to know how awful and unfit for purpose they are.

I do hope that your post has no unexpected consequences for Ryorry's time travelling castration mission....this post could have dire repercussions and lead to a terrible future in which we are outside of Europe's warm embrace. We will know who to blame.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Oliver Dowden getting upset at Labour and Lib Dems working together on 12:37 - May 2 with 901 viewsjaykay

Oliver Dowden getting upset at Labour and Lib Dems working together on 14:25 - May 1 by HARRY10

Acrually

"The tax cuts and 5p reduction in fuel duty announced by Chancellor Rishi Sunak on Wednesday will not prevent UK households being hit by the heaviest tax burden since the late 40s, economic experts have warned.

"However aside from some 'willy waving' about the numbers, it is the lies that underpin those figures that should be of concern

The not too bright were herded to the polling booths, with the knowledge that Johnson had told them that there would be NO new taxes if they were elected. Much as he had told them that outside of the EU the government could (and would) cut VAT on energy prices - they haven't.

Billions were lost through fraud and incompetence with PPE and track and trace - while 170,000 have died of COVID. The same incompetence that saw thousands of elderly patients returned to care homes, untested.

"A UK court has ruled that the British government acted unlawfully early in the COVID-19 pandemic by moving elderly patients from hospitals to aged care homes, not considering that people without symptoms could spread the virus."

The PPE shortage was not an unforeseen accident either. In 2010 the NHS was fully up to scratch with PPE, but through government
'decree' allowed to be run down to dangerous levels - an even ignoring the warnings of the CYGNUS exercise.

Voters will go to the polls on Thursday divided.

Those who easily saw through a man, who in both his professional and personal life has been a serial failure, as well as an habitual liar - and knew nothing would change once he entered No. 10.

And those who were willing to suspend rational thought, because a thoroughly dishonest man was voicing their fears (and hatred), and saying not only did he agree but would resolve those fears (and hatred).

By all means vote out this vile and odious bloated blagger, but as long as the beliefs that put him there remain, another will soon replace him. Maybe seeing their lies tested (Brexit) might cause some to question their gullibility. But a similar need to believe in lies as with many Russians, does make you wonder if some people just need to be lied to.

Be it 'master knows best', or 'Ali Snackbar' (elsewhere).

wow looks like dave u has found a soul mate in linds 53. both on a down vote for harry, but never posted

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Oliver Dowden getting upset at Labour and Lib Dems working together on 12:39 - May 2 with 899 viewsDarth_Koont

Oliver Dowden getting upset at Labour and Lib Dems working together on 12:07 - May 2 by BanksterDebtSlave

I do hope that your post has no unexpected consequences for Ryorry's time travelling castration mission....this post could have dire repercussions and lead to a terrible future in which we are outside of Europe's warm embrace. We will know who to blame.

I always blame “centrists” for most things. Just saves time.

Who knew that decades of sliding right without offering even the hint of a compelling alternative would have put the UK in such a rubbish right-wing place? 😱

Pronouns: He/Him

Oliver Dowden getting upset at Labour and Lib Dems working together on 12:55 - May 2 with 889 viewsBlueBadger

Oliver Dowden getting upset at Labour and Lib Dems working together on 18:13 - May 1 by mutters

No, I agree not all politicians do spin, or smear, that is not what I commented. However, spin/points scoring is a key tactic as we all know. Politicians have a canny knack for not answering the question, they all do it. Remember Alistair Campbell, Tony Blairs Spin Doctor? He was a master at it.

Don't be blinded by the immense cr@pness of this government to think all other parties are holier-than-thou.

What exactly about the openly corrupt, bigoted incompetent, criminally inclined and serially sex-pesty Conservative Party appeals to you?

How's the taste of that boot leather there?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Oliver Dowden getting upset at Labour and Lib Dems working together on 14:21 - May 2 with 829 viewsRyorry

Oliver Dowden getting upset at Labour and Lib Dems working together on 12:37 - May 2 by jaykay

wow looks like dave u has found a soul mate in linds 53. both on a down vote for harry, but never posted

Could be ernie? he has a similar m.o.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Oliver Dowden getting upset at Labour and Lib Dems working together on 14:25 - May 2 with 826 viewsRyorry

Oliver Dowden getting upset at Labour and Lib Dems working together on 11:50 - May 2 by Darth_Koont

Oliver Dowden being a hypocritical twerp.

I’m more concerned that local elections are being fought on national terms. Totally irrelevant although it does underline how powerless most local politicians and councils are now when they can be usurped in this fashion.

All in all I hope people vote for the best local candidates and if they can’t, then they stay at home. The Westminster political and media class need to know how awful and unfit for purpose they are.

That's rather illogical - how will "the Westminster political and media class ... know how awful and unfit for purpose they are" if people don't vote in the locals? Yes it's not perfect & not great for local services, but there are only so many emails/phone calls/tweets etc. you can send to your national politicians.
[Post edited 2 May 2022 14:31]

Oliver Dowden getting upset at Labour and Lib Dems working together on 15:18 - May 2 with 796 viewsDarth_Koont

Oliver Dowden getting upset at Labour and Lib Dems working together on 14:25 - May 2 by Ryorry

That's rather illogical - how will "the Westminster political and media class ... know how awful and unfit for purpose they are" if people don't vote in the locals? Yes it's not perfect & not great for local services, but there are only so many emails/phone calls/tweets etc. you can send to your national politicians.
[Post edited 2 May 2022 14:31]

Because people not voting is the only thing that is likely to change anything.

The UK has “accepted” a failing neoliberal settlement from monolithic parties that serve donor, lobbyist and their own selfish financial interests. It’s that which has opened the door to right-wing populism and blaming others rather than our unaccountable politicians.

If there’s no local candidate or Green protest vote worthy of the name, then I hope people stay at home and refuse to engage with the silly national party political posturing going on.

Oliver Dowden getting upset at Labour and Lib Dems working together on 15:31 - May 2 with 775 viewsRyorry

Oliver Dowden getting upset at Labour and Lib Dems working together on 15:18 - May 2 by Darth_Koont

The UK has “accepted” a failing neoliberal settlement from monolithic parties that serve donor, lobbyist and their own selfish financial interests. It’s that which has opened the door to right-wing populism and blaming others rather than our unaccountable politicians.

If there’s no local candidate or Green protest vote worthy of the name, then I hope people stay at home and refuse to engage with the silly national party political posturing going on.

The current bunch of #ToryCriminalsUnfitToGovern would just take that as a mandate to carry on with their nefarious practices.

Login to get fewer ads

Oliver Dowden getting upset at Labour and Lib Dems working together on 15:47 - May 2 with 766 viewsDarth_Koont

Oliver Dowden getting upset at Labour and Lib Dems working together on 15:31 - May 2 by Ryorry

The current bunch of #ToryCriminalsUnfitToGovern would just take that as a mandate to carry on with their nefarious practices.

I haven’t seen anything in Starmer and his Labour Party to suggest there’s clear water between them. Quite the opposite.

They’re both groups of dishonest opportunists who will lie for power. And the chance to get access to money and influence.

Of course, most importantly, that’s also without either of them having any policies or political will to address the UK’s real-world challenges in the 21st century. No amount of delusional flag-waving will change that.

Oliver Dowden getting upset at Labour and Lib Dems working together on 15:49 - May 2 with 750 viewsRyorry

Oliver Dowden getting upset at Labour and Lib Dems working together on 15:47 - May 2 by Darth_Koont

I haven’t seen anything in Starmer and his Labour Party to suggest there’s clear water between them. Quite the opposite.

They’re both groups of dishonest opportunists who will lie for power. And the chance to get access to money and influence.

Of course, most importantly, that’s also without either of them having any policies or political will to address the UK’s real-world challenges in the 21st century. No amount of delusional flag-waving will change that.

You think there's no difference between Johnson & his corrupt bunch of criminals, and Starmer/Labour?

Righto

Oliver Dowden getting upset at Labour and Lib Dems working together on 15:54 - May 2 with 734 viewsDarth_Koont

Oliver Dowden getting upset at Labour and Lib Dems working together on 15:49 - May 2 by Ryorry

You think there's no difference between Johnson & his corrupt bunch of criminals, and Starmer/Labour?

Righto

As I’ve been paying attention to Starmer and the Labour Right over a longer period, no. Absolutely not.

In opposition they’ve been hugely undemocratic and dishonest. If they’d had actual power then there’s little reason to suggest they’d have been less self-interested than the Tories.

Oliver Dowden getting upset at Labour and Lib Dems working together on 16:01 - May 2 with 724 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Oliver Dowden getting upset at Labour and Lib Dems working together on 15:18 - May 2 by Darth_Koont

I say that rather than stay at home such voters should spoil their ballot papers. The electorate needs to engage with the process without necessarily enaging with the political parties.

Local election turn out tends to be in the 30% to 40% range. Decreasing that even by 10% is unlikely to register. Increasing the turn out to nearer 100% with up to 75% of ballot papers returned as spoiled could be front page news.

You don't start a revolution by doing nothing.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Oliver Dowden getting upset at Labour and Lib Dems working together on 16:20 - May 2 with 701 viewsDarth_Koont

Oliver Dowden getting upset at Labour and Lib Dems working together on 16:01 - May 2 by You_Bloo_Right

I say that rather than stay at home such voters should spoil their ballot papers. The electorate needs to engage with the process without necessarily enaging with the political parties.

Local election turn out tends to be in the 30% to 40% range. Decreasing that even by 10% is unlikely to register. Increasing the turn out to nearer 100% with up to 75% of ballot papers returned as spoiled could be front page news.

You don't start a revolution by doing nothing.

Sure. But what percentage of voters will go to the trouble of voting to spoil a ballot?

Apathy and non-voting above and beyond normal should have an effect because that’s very much in the GE polling numbers at present.

Oliver Dowden getting upset at Labour and Lib Dems working together on 18:33 - May 2 with 664 viewsgazzer1999

Oliver Dowden getting upset at Labour and Lib Dems working together on 12:55 - May 2 by BlueBadger

What exactly about the openly corrupt, bigoted incompetent, criminally inclined and serially sex-pesty Conservative Party appeals to you?

Blimey Badger that charge sheet is getting longer, I wonder how long it will be by the time of the election?
Oliver Dowden getting upset at Labour and Lib Dems working together on 19:15 - May 2 with 628 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Oliver Dowden getting upset at Labour and Lib Dems working together on 12:55 - May 2 by BlueBadger

Yeah but Keith.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024