Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your essential ITFC players 08:43 - May 1 with 1128 viewsGlasgowBlue

The ones that we have to keep at the club this summer.

Walton
Woolfenden
Janoi
Burns
Morsy
Chaplin
Celina

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Your essential ITFC players on 08:53 - May 1 with 1057 viewsDeano69

I was trying to think of players we have played against this season that I would swap for one of ours. The only one that came to mind was an in form Will Keane. That said I thought that about Pigott last season.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Your essential ITFC players on 08:55 - May 1 with 1043 viewsxrayspecs

Your essential ITFC players on 08:53 - May 1 by Deano69

I was trying to think of players we have played against this season that I would swap for one of ours. The only one that came to mind was an in form Will Keane. That said I thought that about Pigott last season.

Scott Twine but sadly for us he is now out of our league. He will have plenty of Championship interest.
Your essential ITFC players on 08:58 - May 1 with 1031 viewsIpswichKnight

Edmundson and Evans should be added to that list. We’d have gone into yesterday’s game with something to play for if they’d been fit and available.
Your essential ITFC players on 08:59 - May 1 with 1026 viewswrightsrightglove

I’d add Edmundson to that list. I think it’s essential we keep that back 4 together.
Your essential ITFC players on 09:00 - May 1 with 1021 viewsSomethingBlue

Add Edmundson and probably a fit Evans to that but otherwise it's fairly accurate.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Your essential ITFC players on 09:14 - May 1 with 966 viewsBasuco

I would add Ty Bakinson, I think he has improved every week, Elkan Baggott again looked very composed on the ball and defended well. I would have loved to see Nors stay but I may change my mind when I see his replacement.
Your essential ITFC players on 09:16 - May 1 with 949 viewsBlueBadger

Your essential ITFC players on 09:00 - May 1 by SomethingBlue

Add Edmundson and probably a fit Evans to that but otherwise it's fairly accurate.

Read that opener as 'Ade Edmundson'...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Your essential ITFC players on 09:19 - May 1 with 943 viewsTractorFrog

George Edmundson missed 14 games through injury last season, and yet only missed two wins (against Plymouth and Charlton). He is absolutely an essential player for us. Apart from that, I agree with your list, although Celina may be difficult to get.

I would say we need five signings this year. We need two strikers (one of which could be Macauley Bonne), one attacking midfielder (hopefully Celina), one central midfielder (could be Bakinson) and one left-back. We may also want another goalkeeper to replace Hladky and another striker to replace Joe Pigott, and possibly another central midfielder if El Mizouni is not deemed good enough to be the Morsy backup, although hopefully that will not be necessary. Apart from that, I would imagine we will go into next season with a very similar team to this season.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

Login to get fewer ads

Your essential ITFC players on 09:28 - May 1 with 908 viewsKeno

Not players but McKenna, Pert, the guy from allo allo and the backroom staff

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Your essential ITFC players on 09:39 - May 1 with 844 viewstazdac

Your essential ITFC players on 09:16 - May 1 by BlueBadger

Read that opener as 'Ade Edmundson'...

Glad I wasn’t the only one ;o)
Your essential ITFC players on 09:47 - May 1 with 812 viewspositivity

Your essential ITFC players on 08:58 - May 1 by IpswichKnight

Edmundson and Evans should be added to that list. We’d have gone into yesterday’s game with something to play for if they’d been fit and available.

agree with that, and maybe add some youths:-

baggott, humphreys and chirewa spring to mind

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Your essential ITFC players on 09:50 - May 1 with 787 viewsKeno

Your essential ITFC players on 09:39 - May 1 by tazdac

Glad I wasn’t the only one ;o)

we may all read it like that

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Your essential ITFC players on 09:56 - May 1 with 757 viewsGlasgowBlue

Your essential ITFC players on 08:59 - May 1 by wrightsrightglove

I’d add Edmundson to that list. I think it’s essential we keep that back 4 together.

Ive had the same thoughts as Mick Mills on Edmunson.

In a back four, there is no one better at the club. But as the left sided centre back in a three he has looked uncomfortable and doesn’t give us enough going forward.

There was a very logical reason why we released Coulson, despite his return to fitness, and brought in the more defensive minded Thompson. Edmunson needed defensive cover as he preferred to sit closer to the penalty area rather than going to the touch line.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Your essential ITFC players on 10:11 - May 1 with 700 viewsjayessess

If we line up with all of Walton, Donacien, Woolfenden, Edmundson, Burns, Evans, Morsy, Celina and Chaplin for the first match next season, I'd be pleased.
[Post edited 1 May 2022 10:11]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Your essential ITFC players on 11:40 - May 1 with 573 viewsTractorboy24

Your essential ITFC players on 09:56 - May 1 by GlasgowBlue

In a back four, there is no one better at the club. But as the left sided centre back in a three he has looked uncomfortable and doesn’t give us enough going forward.

There was a very logical reason why we released Coulson, despite his return to fitness, and brought in the more defensive minded Thompson. Edmunson needed defensive cover as he preferred to sit closer to the penalty area rather than going to the touch line.

Not sure the numbers back that up, under McKenna we’ve exclusively played 3 at the back, with Edmundson in the team we kept 11 clean sheets in 15 and without we kept 2 in 8.

The only difference in those last 8 games was how often we conceded, we scored as frequently as we had done in those first 15 games. It seemed we became more susceptible to set pieces, something we had defended well in those first 15 (think we only conceded once from a set piece in that time).

Yes Edmundson made mistakes, but his organisation at the back seemed to gain us more points than his mistakes cost us. Also, Thompson’s form has dropped off since Edmundson has been injured, which I don’t think is a coincidence.
Your essential ITFC players on 11:41 - May 1 with 571 viewsSTYG

Your essential ITFC players on 09:56 - May 1 by GlasgowBlue

Have to agree with this.

We looked so much better with a back three. But Edmundson went from an absolutely beast that didn’t have a lapse in him to regularly being caught on the ball or having lucky escapes on it. Defensively he was still great but he looked so uncomfortable there.

Wouldn’t be at all surprised to bring in a left sided Donacien, like a Mings or Hreidarsson type that can defend but go forward. Someone who has played LCB and LB / LWB.
Your essential ITFC players on 11:46 - May 1 with 556 viewsBiGDonnie

Walton
Fridge
Woolf
Burns
Morsy
Evans
Celina

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024