Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion? 15:39 - May 1 with 2883 viewsOwainG1992

We can dream..

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion? on 15:43 - May 1 with 2518 viewsFrimleyBlue

Garbutt.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion? on 16:43 - May 1 with 2438 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Kyle Edwards.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion? on 16:56 - May 1 with 2377 viewsLeoMuff

Paddy lane

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion? on 17:33 - May 1 with 2331 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion? on 16:43 - May 1 by StochesStotasBlewe

Kyle Edwards.

It was interesting listening to Mills on Saturday who said the one who will be more difficult to find is a player to play the Donacien role on that side rather than the Burns role.

Donacien has supported the attack and linked up with Burns very well. To have someone do the same on the other side but for both to be astute enough that we don't end up being caught short of numbers at the back will be interesting. Woolfenden has shown he can make driving runs with the ball. Perhaps he could be the one.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion? on 18:04 - May 1 with 2259 viewsjayessess

Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion? on 17:33 - May 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

It was interesting listening to Mills on Saturday who said the one who will be more difficult to find is a player to play the Donacien role on that side rather than the Burns role.

Donacien has supported the attack and linked up with Burns very well. To have someone do the same on the other side but for both to be astute enough that we don't end up being caught short of numbers at the back will be interesting. Woolfenden has shown he can make driving runs with the ball. Perhaps he could be the one.

I thought KVY's impression was pretty passable yesterday, although he'll have far tougher tests.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion? on 19:02 - May 1 with 2178 viewsBlueBoots

Mentioned this on another thread yesterday...Hayden Coulson is out of contract at Boro this summer - thought he was a bit unlucky with how his loan spell went, and we weren't playing wing-backs at that time too...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion? on 19:08 - May 1 with 2159 viewsNthQldITFC

Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion? on 17:33 - May 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think we can make do with asymmetry as far as the outside CBs go. If Santi is back and hooking up with Edwards next season on one side, with Donacien and Burns doing their thing on the other, allowing Chaplin or Aluko to play a little more centrally off an effective CF, I think I will be wetting my knickers with excitement. Frankly.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion? on 19:56 - May 1 with 2064 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion? on 19:08 - May 1 by NthQldITFC

I think we can make do with asymmetry as far as the outside CBs go. If Santi is back and hooking up with Edwards next season on one side, with Donacien and Burns doing their thing on the other, allowing Chaplin or Aluko to play a little more centrally off an effective CF, I think I will be wetting my knickers with excitement. Frankly.

Indeed.
Does the club shop have any intention of selling incontinence pads in the event of that happening?

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion? on 20:25 - May 1 with 2006 viewsArnieM

Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion? on 16:43 - May 1 by StochesStotasBlewe

Kyle Edwards.

No end product I’m afraid

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion? on 20:38 - May 1 with 1981 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion? on 20:25 - May 1 by ArnieM

He hasn’t been coached by McKenna yet.

Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion? on 20:53 - May 1 with 1954 viewsBloomBlue

I don't think it's that simple. Yes a Burns type would be great but if you look at the game yesterday whether we attacked or defended on our right you had Burns & JD, plus you also had Chaplin & Morsey naturally helping there and Celina on more than one occasion. But when the ball was on our left you often had just Penney with Baggot trying to help with the others in midfield trying to get across to help, often a bit too late.
The Cambridge game highlighted that difference by targeting that space on our left.
Yes a left sided Burns would be great but we do need to improve that balance across the pitch instead of 2 or 3 players constantly drifting to the right to support Burns/JD because if we dont having a left sided Burns isn't going to totally correct that side of the pitch.
Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion? on 20:55 - May 1 with 1949 viewsLeoMuff

Watching Salford highlights the other week Ndaba was involved in a nice pass and move high up the pitch then smashed home from 18 yards so maybe….

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion? on 22:15 - May 1 with 1816 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion? on 19:56 - May 1 by StochesStotasBlewe

Indeed.
Does the club shop have any intention of selling incontinence pads in the event of that happening?

Do they brand them with the Town badge or put a budgie in the middle of them instead?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion on 22:26 - May 1 with 1787 viewsGlasgowBlue

Kyle Edwards. But we’d need a left sided Janoi Doncien to give both defensive cover and an attacking threat.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion? on 22:27 - May 1 with 1781 viewsjayessess

Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion? on 20:25 - May 1 by ArnieM

I think he'll find one. First few games he was unlucky - he hit the bar, had some good efforts saved, set up some chances that weren't taken, had some decent crosses that no-one quite got on the end of. He wasn't Keanan Bennetts, spooning his crosses and shots miles into the stands.

As games went on and he didn't pick up any goals/assists, he started snatching at things, making bad decisions and he became more Bennetts-like, but with a bit of luck he'll turn it round.
[Post edited 2 May 2022 10:05]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion? on 07:31 - May 2 with 1590 viewsBigCommon

Different type of end product under KMc, imo... Much simpler pass with midfield support arriving..... Under Cook, he was trying to pick out a lone striker with a cross, who was being marked by 2 0r 3 CB's..... Not saying Edwards is the answer. But , if he was used, then , imo under KMc, we'd be more likely to play to his strengths. Rather than asking him to do things that he's not quite mastered yet... I wouldn't mind seeing him given a go under the current system. Especially now that our defence is much more organised and solid... There were times earlier in the season, when we lost the ball on the halfway line, we looked all over the place. But with Walton , our Back 3 and the DM cover. looking really settled. I don't mind if we take a risk or two down the flanks, with someone like an Edwards... Even as a sub, if we find ourselves chasing a game.... Penney did well on Saturday. But the way Charlton played. I recon Edwards would have torn them a new one down the left... Just my op'
Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion? on 08:23 - May 2 with 1487 viewsNthQldITFC

Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion? on 22:27 - May 1 by jayessess

I think he'll find one. First few games he was unlucky - he hit the bar, had some good efforts saved, set up some chances that weren't taken, had some decent crosses that no-one quite got on the end of. He wasn't Keanan Bennetts, spooning his crosses and shots miles into the stands.

As games went on and he didn't pick up any goals/assists, he started snatching at things, making bad decisions and he became more Bennetts-like, but with a bit of luck he'll turn it round.
[Post edited 2 May 2022 10:05]

Also a young lad in an attacking position playing for a team who were struggling and under pressure. He now has a quality coaching setup working with him, and he has all the required assets to do a really good job in that role.

Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion? on 09:49 - May 2 with 1399 viewsDarth_Koont

Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion? on 18:04 - May 1 by jayessess

I thought KVY's impression was pretty passable yesterday, although he'll have far tougher tests.

I think that's the issue with KVY compared to Donacien. KVY is more of a threat going forward —- although JD isn't far behind. But defensively Donacien is streets ahead and we've seen the benefit of a strong defence after Christmas.

But KVY is perfect cover on the right side. And of course cover for Burns too.

Pronouns: He/Him

Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion? on 10:09 - May 2 with 1353 viewsTractorFrog

We should definitely give Edwards a go in that position in pre-season, and I think Edmundson could be his Donacien. I also like the suggestion of Luke Garbutt.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion? on 10:32 - May 2 with 1304 viewsNthQldITFC

Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion? on 09:49 - May 2 by Darth_Koont

I think that's the issue with KVY compared to Donacien. KVY is more of a threat going forward —- although JD isn't far behind. But defensively Donacien is streets ahead and we've seen the benefit of a strong defence after Christmas.

But KVY is perfect cover on the right side. And of course cover for Burns too.

Donacien and Woolfy are superb defenders, and both great going forward. We are very lucky to have both of them, aren't we. They're not the biggest and strongest but they're both brilliant at jockeying attackers and getting a foot in at the right time, but crucially they virtually never overcommit in a tackle, so they're always there to come away with the ball afterwards. I'm so impressed by those two particularly.

Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion? on 10:33 - May 2 with 1305 viewsKentish_Tractor

Agree that I'd like to give Edwards a go.

I'd also like to see us make an approach for Nicky Cadden at Forest Green. 25, League 2 Team of the Season, 6 goals, 12 assists, most accurate crosser in the league, takes a mean set piece. Basically a left sided Burns!
[Post edited 2 May 2022 10:44]

Poll: How often are you refreshing TWTD today?

Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion? on 11:45 - May 2 with 1188 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Odd that you seem prepared to give up on a player after just 18 games in a difficult transitional season.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion? on 12:43 - May 2 with 1097 viewsBarcaBlue

Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion? on 11:45 - May 2 by Cheltenham_Blue

Odd that you seem prepared to give up on a player after just 18 games in a difficult transitional season.

Sometimes stuff just gets repeated here without any original thought. See also Celina is a luxury player, Penney puts in decent crosses, Burgess is an option at lwb etc.
Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion? on 13:20 - May 2 with 1023 viewsFrimleyBlue

Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion? on 12:43 - May 2 by BarcaBlue

Sometimes stuff just gets repeated here without any original thought. See also Celina is a luxury player, Penney puts in decent crosses, Burgess is an option at lwb etc.

You mean more than 1 person may share an opinion on a player. Shocking.

Waka waka eh eh

Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion? on 13:24 - May 2 with 1005 viewsFrimleyBlue

Anyone know a left sided version of Wes Burns to help us soar to promotion? on 07:31 - May 2 by BigCommon

Different type of end product under KMc, imo... Much simpler pass with midfield support arriving..... Under Cook, he was trying to pick out a lone striker with a cross, who was being marked by 2 0r 3 CB's..... Not saying Edwards is the answer. But , if he was used, then , imo under KMc, we'd be more likely to play to his strengths. Rather than asking him to do things that he's not quite mastered yet... I wouldn't mind seeing him given a go under the current system. Especially now that our defence is much more organised and solid... There were times earlier in the season, when we lost the ball on the halfway line, we looked all over the place. But with Walton , our Back 3 and the DM cover. looking really settled. I don't mind if we take a risk or two down the flanks, with someone like an Edwards... Even as a sub, if we find ourselves chasing a game.... Penney did well on Saturday. But the way Charlton played. I recon Edwards would have torn them a new one down the left... Just my op'

We do however have to see how this injury effects him and his natural qualities before we even look again at his end product. He's been out a fair while and we won't know until he gets going again if it leads to a loss in natural performance. ( see Judge. KVY as examples )

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024