Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Atmosphere 23:13 - May 1 with 1522 viewsStu_boy

Hi guys, i went to thr olympic stadium today to watch west ham vs arsenal, honestly what a dire atmosphere. They might have double the amount of attendance than us but i would take our atmosphere from effectively an end of season mid table game which meant little than the nothing atmosphere west ham had. Im already looking forward to seeing how we shape the squad over the next couple of months and onwards and upwards next year. My mates came with me today and yesterday and they agreed the atmosphere at portman road was much better than today
Atmosphere on 23:22 - May 1 with 1440 viewswkj

How did arse shape up, did they play two up top or rely on their baby got back line?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Atmosphere on 23:37 - May 1 with 1387 viewsStu_boy

Atmosphere on 23:22 - May 1 by wkj

How did arse shape up, did they play two up top or rely on their baby got back line?

Tbh neither team looked great, like us they tried yo walk the ball into the net. Both teams were reluctant to shoot but arsenal did just enough after getting an early 2nd half goal to make it 2 1
Atmosphere on 23:39 - May 1 with 1383 viewsChurchman

I’m interested to hear your view on the stadium. I went to the Olympic Games and the World Championships a few years ago after it was converted and I cannot imagine watching football there. You are so far from the playing surface /players. It’s one heck of a way from the Boleyn Ground where you were right on top of the pitch.

I know thanks to the robbery of the taxpayer they got the stadium for zippo, but there’s a lot of down side for me.
Atmosphere on 23:50 - May 1 with 1340 viewsStu_boy

Atmosphere on 23:39 - May 1 by Churchman

I’m interested to hear your view on the stadium. I went to the Olympic Games and the World Championships a few years ago after it was converted and I cannot imagine watching football there. You are so far from the playing surface /players. It’s one heck of a way from the Boleyn Ground where you were right on top of the pitch.

I know thanks to the robbery of the taxpayer they got the stadium for zippo, but there’s a lot of down side for me.

It's nice on the eye but for me like so many of the new stadiums loses the intimidation that upton park had especially under the flood lights. I imagine it must be easier for away teams to play there with little noise from the home crowd than a more traditional stadium like selhurst where the fans are right on top of you. Again i noticed they stick the away fans behind the goal buu pitchside which helps the away team more than somewhere like Newcastle where the fans are up in the godd
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024