Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know Paul Cook is history but it seems that Leam Richardson still rates him 15:06 - May 2 with 2436 viewsWeWereZombies

'But the successes they have had could so easily have been just a target of where they wanted to be, had he followed Cook to Ipswich.

Asked whether he had spoken to Cook, who has since returned to Chesterfield, during the Latics' battle for promotion back to the Championship, Richardson said: "Probably every single day. Every single morning. He's always offering words of advice and support.

"He was a colleague and a really close friend. If I tell you that he supports Wigan and wants them to do well, it'd probably be an understatement.

"If he didn't have a game today he'd be in the crowd. He'll be as proud as anyone today and he's been supportive as anybody throughout this time."'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61245705

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

I know Paul Cook is history but it seems that Leam Richardson still rates him on 15:15 - May 2 with 2354 viewsArnieM

Sorry , I do t understand that first sentence at all… what’s he saying there?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I know Paul Cook is history but it seems that Leam Richardson still rates him on 15:30 - May 2 with 2297 viewsWeWereZombies

I know Paul Cook is history but it seems that Leam Richardson still rates him on 15:15 - May 2 by ArnieM

I'm going to end up posting the whole article, aren't I?

'This season Richardson led the club to the FA Cup fourth round and the semi-final of the Papa Johns Trophy, in addition to promotion and the third tier title.

More importantly, he was credited with helping to save striker Charlie Wyke's life in November after he had a cardiac arrest in training - beginning the resuscitation process with CPR before club doctor Jonathan Tobin took over.

But the successes they have had [Wigan Athletic] could so easily have been just a target of where they wanted to be, had he followed Cook to Ipswich.'

I know Paul Cook is history but it seems that Leam Richardson still rates him on 15:33 - May 2 with 2279 viewsJ2BLUE

I know Paul Cook is history but it seems that Leam Richardson still rates him on 15:15 - May 2 by ArnieM

But the successes they have had could so easily have been just a target of where they wanted to be, had he followed Cook to Ipswich.

Author of the piece suggesting that if Richardson came here then we might well have won the league and Wigan might be mid table.

Think this shows Cook is a class act really. I know some will never forgive his approach here but he's clearly a decent guy.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I know Paul Cook is history but it seems that Leam Richardson still rates him on 16:29 - May 2 with 2082 viewsChrisd

I know Paul Cook is history but it seems that Leam Richardson still rates him on 15:33 - May 2 by J2BLUE

But the successes they have had could so easily have been just a target of where they wanted to be, had he followed Cook to Ipswich.

Author of the piece suggesting that if Richardson came here then we might well have won the league and Wigan might be mid table.

Think this shows Cook is a class act really. I know some will never forgive his approach here but he's clearly a decent guy.

Regardless of what happened with us, I still liked PC as a man. He seemed very honest and a genuine character. I still thought he was right in what he did with our squad last summer, it needed freshening up. Yes, it might have been handled better, but it still needed doing. It is just a pity that he's gone to Chesterfield and they seem to be going backwards, I see they were losing again today at home to Stockport with a crowd of over 9,000 watching.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

I know Paul Cook is history but it seems that Leam Richardson still rates him on 17:05 - May 2 with 1981 viewsbackwaywhen

I know Paul Cook is history but it seems that Leam Richardson still rates him on 16:29 - May 2 by Chrisd

Regardless of what happened with us, I still liked PC as a man. He seemed very honest and a genuine character. I still thought he was right in what he did with our squad last summer, it needed freshening up. Yes, it might have been handled better, but it still needed doing. It is just a pity that he's gone to Chesterfield and they seem to be going backwards, I see they were losing again today at home to Stockport with a crowd of over 9,000 watching.

Still say he success was based on the Leam Richardson input , that left him a tad lost without him …… history move on !
I know Paul Cook is history but it seems that Leam Richardson still rates him on 17:12 - May 2 with 1954 viewsibbleobble

I know Paul Cook is history but it seems that Leam Richardson still rates him on 17:05 - May 2 by backwaywhen

Still say he success was based on the Leam Richardson input , that left him a tad lost without him …… history move on !

Revisionism
I know Paul Cook is history but it seems that Leam Richardson still rates him on 17:15 - May 2 with 1936 viewsBlueBadger

I know Paul Cook is history but it seems that Leam Richardson still rates him on 15:33 - May 2 by J2BLUE

He's our second best manager called Paul, in all fairness.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I know Paul Cook is history but it seems that Leam Richardson still rates him on 17:19 - May 2 with 1929 viewsflettonblue

Think cooks a bit unlucky that the chesterfield top scorer (25 goals in 30 games?) Is out for the season and that would stuff any team in up if you rely so much on one player for goals
Login to get fewer ads

I know Paul Cook is history but it seems that Leam Richardson still rates him on 18:02 - May 2 with 1824 viewspatrickswell

Nice to see Cook's been offering advice each day; lucky for Wigan that Richardson has ignored it...
I know Paul Cook is history but it seems that Leam Richardson still rates him on 18:47 - May 2 with 1751 viewsBlueBadger

I know Paul Cook is history but it seems that Leam Richardson still rates him on 17:12 - May 2 by ibbleobble

Revisionism

Come on now, he's been at the last two clubs he's had without Richardson...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

I know Paul Cook is history but it seems that Leam Richardson still rates him on 18:51 - May 2 with 1736 viewsArnieM

Yes that makes more sense to me now . Thank you gif explaining , and sorry to be a bit, well, “ senior” lol !!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I know Paul Cook is history but it seems that Leam Richardson still rates him on 19:07 - May 2 with 1692 viewsDubtractor

I know Paul Cook is history but it seems that Leam Richardson still rates him on 17:12 - May 2 by ibbleobble

Revisionism

Its not really revisionism when it's an observation of what has actually happened is it?

Interesting that you're a recent arrival here and seem quite eager to defend Cook at every opportunity plus being a bit more critical of McKenna that the rest of us.

I'm assuming a resurfaced previous poster tbh.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I know Paul Cook is history but it seems that Leam Richardson still rates him on 19:33 - May 2 with 1634 viewsPJH

I know Paul Cook is history but it seems that Leam Richardson still rates him on 17:15 - May 2 by BlueBadger

He's our second best manager called Paul, in all fairness.

I do not agree Mr Badger, I make him the third best.
I know Paul Cook is history but it seems that Leam Richardson still rates him on 19:44 - May 2 with 1600 viewsCokeIsKey

http://www.thecfss.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=a72f27065de023eeba9c62ff63706b52&

The difference is that Richardson actually coaches his players instead of slagging them off and moaning that they're not good enough

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

I know Paul Cook is history but it seems that Leam Richardson still rates him on 19:49 - May 2 with 1585 viewsDubtractor

I know Paul Cook is history but it seems that Leam Richardson still rates him on 19:44 - May 2 by CokeIsKey

http://www.thecfss.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=a72f27065de023eeba9c62ff63706b52&

The difference is that Richardson actually coaches his players instead of slagging them off and moaning that they're not good enough

The way in which Cook very publicly threw the players under the bus here always sat pretty uncomfortably with me, and it's pretty remarkable that the same tale seems to be unfolding there.

I've no issue with him having decided to have a clear-out, but it was all a bit classless wasn't it?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I know Paul Cook is history but it seems that Leam Richardson still rates him on 20:13 - May 2 with 1514 viewsVeggie

Paul Cook did us a massive favour. He made the football exciting again.
I know Paul Cook is history but it seems that Leam Richardson still rates him on 21:30 - May 2 with 1406 viewsWeWereZombies

Revisionism

Blimey, when I came back to have a squint at how this thread was going I wasn't expecting to see historiological analysis going on...

I know Paul Cook is history but it seems that Leam Richardson still rates him on 21:42 - May 2 with 1376 viewsjeera

Revisionism

Well you've posted a word you've heard of.

That's a start.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I know Paul Cook is history but it seems that Leam Richardson still rates him on 21:45 - May 2 with 1367 viewsjeera

"Probably every single day. Every single morning. He's always offering words of advice and support."

It's great that Cook has had such an input in Leam's success there.

To be honest, he's saying nice things about a mate isn't he? Not that there's much wrong with that in itself of course.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I know Paul Cook is history but it seems that Leam Richardson still rates him on 22:00 - May 2 with 1322 viewsibbleobble

I know Paul Cook is history but it seems that Leam Richardson still rates him on 19:07 - May 2 by Dubtractor

Its not really revisionism when it's an observation of what has actually happened is it?

Interesting that you're a recent arrival here and seem quite eager to defend Cook at every opportunity plus being a bit more critical of McKenna that the rest of us.

I'm assuming a resurfaced previous poster tbh.

I’m not sure what you’re referring to but my point was more broadly about context, which I’ve made a few times. Football fans get a bad rap for having short memories so my “revisionist” point was just about that. It is revisionism if it’s an observation about short term history and not the whole picture.

We’ll leave it at that though. It doesn’t appear popular to be anything other than 100% pro McKenna on here.
I know Paul Cook is history but it seems that Leam Richardson still rates him on 07:30 - May 3 with 1070 viewsBlueBadger

I know Paul Cook is history but it seems that Leam Richardson still rates him on 20:13 - May 2 by Veggie

Paul Cook did us a massive favour. He made the football exciting again.

Ah yes. Improved Football.

I know Paul Cook is history but it seems that Leam Richardson still rates him on 08:17 - May 3 with 1002 viewsFrimleyBlue

I know Paul Cook is history but it seems that Leam Richardson still rates him on 07:30 - May 3 by BlueBadger

Ah yes. Improved Football.

Isn't that what gets you excited now? it hasn't exactly been results has it lol

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I know Paul Cook is history but it seems that Leam Richardson still rates him on 08:24 - May 3 with 990 viewsgalacticoblue

Cook should be concentrating on his own job a bit more by the looks of it.
I know Paul Cook is history but it seems that Leam Richardson still rates him on 08:27 - May 3 with 983 viewsFrimleyBlue

I know Paul Cook is history but it seems that Leam Richardson still rates him on 17:19 - May 2 by flettonblue

Think cooks a bit unlucky that the chesterfield top scorer (25 goals in 30 games?) Is out for the season and that would stuff any team in up if you rely so much on one player for goals

Good job he stuck to 3 5 2 and not 4 2 3 1 then............. oh hang on

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024