Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
[Redacted] 17:03 - May 2 with 1429 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
UXB chaps just took away a thing from my apartment. on 17:36 - May 2 with 1292 viewsChurchman

What was it? A hand grenade? Yes, best to get the authorities to deal with old ordinance.

When we were emptying the misses’ aunt’s house 10 years ago, we found a Webley Mk6 revolver in a carrier bag. Made in 1918, I suspect it’d come back as a souvenir after WW2 - Webley’s were WW1 surplus and issued in their 1000s as side arms for naval personnel, Home Guard, you name it in WW2. It was fully working, firing pin in place and actually wrapped in an oilcloth.

I checked it was empty and we brought it home. The misses got nervous about it and took it down the Police Station when I was at work. 2 hours in the interview room later, she signed a pink form and handed it over. I was well annoyed as even disarmed it was worth several hundred pounds. Oh well, can’t say I blame her for signing on the dotted really.

It was a heavy old thing. Designed to work in the mud and with a 0.455 round, it had some stopping power in its day if you could get close enough, but having fired a few hand held weapons I suspect you’d have got more joy clubbing somebody over the head with it.
[Redacted] on 17:39 - May 2 with 1277 viewsvictorywilhappen

UXB chaps just took away a thing from my apartment. on 17:36 - May 2 by Churchman

What was it? A hand grenade? Yes, best to get the authorities to deal with old ordinance.

When we were emptying the misses’ aunt’s house 10 years ago, we found a Webley Mk6 revolver in a carrier bag. Made in 1918, I suspect it’d come back as a souvenir after WW2 - Webley’s were WW1 surplus and issued in their 1000s as side arms for naval personnel, Home Guard, you name it in WW2. It was fully working, firing pin in place and actually wrapped in an oilcloth.

I checked it was empty and we brought it home. The misses got nervous about it and took it down the Police Station when I was at work. 2 hours in the interview room later, she signed a pink form and handed it over. I was well annoyed as even disarmed it was worth several hundred pounds. Oh well, can’t say I blame her for signing on the dotted really.

It was a heavy old thing. Designed to work in the mud and with a 0.455 round, it had some stopping power in its day if you could get close enough, but having fired a few hand held weapons I suspect you’d have got more joy clubbing somebody over the head with it.

[Redacted]
UXB chaps just took away a thing from my apartment. on 17:47 - May 2 with 1231 viewsIllinoisblue

Tell us more about the homemade erotica

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

UXB chaps just took away a thing from my apartment. on 17:48 - May 2 with 1243 viewsfactual_blue

I saw you were out on bail.

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/news/latest-news/man-arrested-under-explosive-subs

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

UXB chaps just took away a thing from my apartment. on 17:48 - May 2 with 1226 viewsChurchman

[Redacted] on 17:39 - May 2 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Best not touched!
[Redacted] on 18:25 - May 2 with 1172 viewsvictorywilhappen

UXB chaps just took away a thing from my apartment. on 17:47 - May 2 by Illinoisblue

Tell us more about the homemade erotica

[Redacted]
[Redacted] on 18:27 - May 2 with 1146 viewsvictorywilhappen

UXB chaps just took away a thing from my apartment. on 17:48 - May 2 by Churchman

Best not touched!

[Redacted]
[Redacted] on 18:29 - May 2 with 1134 viewsvictorywilhappen

UXB chaps just took away a thing from my apartment. on 17:48 - May 2 by factual_blue

I saw you were out on bail.

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/news/latest-news/man-arrested-under-explosive-subs

[Redacted]
Login to get fewer ads

UXB chaps just took away a thing from my apartment. on 18:33 - May 2 with 1101 viewsEdwardStone

[Redacted] on 18:29 - May 2 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

" Peeling An Orange" was an euphamism used by my next door neighbours when I lived in the Thames valley.

They had pampas grass in their front garden.

I made my excuses and fled
[Redacted] on 18:48 - May 2 with 1064 viewsvictorywilhappen

UXB chaps just took away a thing from my apartment. on 18:33 - May 2 by EdwardStone

" Peeling An Orange" was an euphamism used by my next door neighbours when I lived in the Thames valley.

They had pampas grass in their front garden.

I made my excuses and fled

[Redacted]
UXB chaps just took away a thing from my apartment. on 19:13 - May 2 with 1013 viewsEdwardStone

[Redacted] on 18:48 - May 2 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Lava lamps..... an some pretty explicit consversation.

I wish I had taken the plunge

IYSWIM
UXB chaps just took away a thing from my apartment. on 20:29 - May 2 with 906 viewsjeera

[Redacted] on 18:27 - May 2 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Luckily wooden boxes are known for their explosive containing qualities.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

[Redacted] on 20:39 - May 2 with 883 viewsvictorywilhappen

UXB chaps just took away a thing from my apartment. on 20:29 - May 2 by jeera

[Redacted]
UXB chaps just took away a thing from my apartment. on 20:44 - May 2 with 859 viewsBarcaBlue

UXB chaps just took away a thing from my apartment. on 20:29 - May 2 by jeera

A few years ago my elderly neighbour found a Civil War era hand grenade in her garden when digging up potatoes. She asked me to deal with the UXB police. When they came I showed them where it was and they picked it up, wrapped it in brown masking tape and put it in a box in the back of their pick-up.

I was expecting a 500 metre exclusion zone and controlled detonation.
UXB chaps just took away a thing from my apartment. on 20:49 - May 2 with 847 viewsjeera

[Redacted] on 20:39 - May 2 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

My first instinct was to exclaim, "Has the shopping centre gone, what, the Harlequin and everything?"

But you're going to tell me that it's been gone for a very long time aren't you?

It was still there when I lived on Stoke Park in 1980 something.

My very pretty neighbour used to work in the petrol station nearby and I remember I would find any excuse to go in there to buy something.

I actually found a Blues Brothers video in their bargain bin for a fiver. That would have been circa '85 I think.

UXB chaps just took away a thing from my apartment. on 20:50 - May 2 with 843 viewsjeera

UXB chaps just took away a thing from my apartment. on 20:44 - May 2 by BarcaBlue

A few years ago my elderly neighbour found a Civil War era hand grenade in her garden when digging up potatoes. She asked me to deal with the UXB police. When they came I showed them where it was and they picked it up, wrapped it in brown masking tape and put it in a box in the back of their pick-up.

I'm with you there, I'd have been most disappointed.

[Redacted] on 20:56 - May 2 with 821 viewsvictorywilhappen

UXB chaps just took away a thing from my apartment. on 20:49 - May 2 by jeera

My first instinct was to exclaim, "Has the shopping centre gone, what, the Harlequin and everything?"

But you're going to tell me that it's been gone for a very long time aren't you?

It was still there when I lived on Stoke Park in 1980 something.

My very pretty neighbour used to work in the petrol station nearby and I remember I would find any excuse to go in there to buy something.

I actually found a Blues Brothers video in their bargain bin for a fiver. That would have been circa '85 I think.

[Redacted]
UXB chaps just took away a thing from my apartment. on 21:00 - May 2 with 808 viewsjeera

[Redacted] on 20:56 - May 2 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

The Chinese rings a bell, as does the Space Invaders.

All an age back now.

And yes I do recall playing marbles at Halifax. Sorry I didn't see that in time to respond at the time, but it did raise a smile when I finally saw it.

All the stuff going on the world and somewhere amongst it all, some kids at their happiest, oblivious to it all, playing with marbles in the dirt.

[Redacted] on 21:01 - May 2 with 812 viewsvictorywilhappen

UXB chaps just took away a thing from my apartment. on 20:44 - May 2 by BarcaBlue

[Redacted]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024