Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McKenna Fav for Watford Job 22:51 - May 2 with 11439 viewsUppaTowen78

https://www.bettingodds.com/thesackrace/teams/watford
McKenna Fav for Watford Job on 22:55 - May 2 with 5766 viewsDubtractor

Given Watford's tendency to sack managers every 3 or 4 months that job won't appeal at all to someone like Mckenna I wouldn't think.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

McKenna Fav for Watford Job on 23:11 - May 2 with 5650 viewsPablo_Counago

Terrifying news to log on to see

I can't imagine he'll actually leave though. He has strong support here not just from the owners but the fanbase as well
McKenna Fav for Watford Job on 23:13 - May 2 with 5637 viewsHarryB

McKenna Fav for Watford Job on 23:11 - May 2 by Pablo_Counago

Terrifying news to log on to see

I can't imagine he'll actually leave though. He has strong support here not just from the owners but the fanbase as well

hope your right. its gathering pace on the watford timeline. really hope not
McKenna Fav for Watford Job on 23:20 - May 2 with 5555 viewsFrimleyBlue

McKenna Fav for Watford Job on 22:55 - May 2 by Dubtractor

Given Watford's tendency to sack managers every 3 or 4 months that job won't appeal at all to someone like Mckenna I wouldn't think.

Didn't Ashton say something about change on Saturday in the programme notes..........

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

McKenna Fav for Watford Job on 23:28 - May 2 with 5522 viewsRomeo4

Appleton out of work. Mowbray and Warburton soon to be the same. Obviously hope McKenna is here for some time but at least if the worst happens there may be some half decent candidates out there.
McKenna Fav for Watford Job on 23:29 - May 2 with 5506 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Those betting odds that still have Sean Dyche at Burnley and Benitez at Everton?

Edit: Ignore that, it says 'Previous Club'
[Post edited 2 May 2022 23:31]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

McKenna Fav for Watford Job on 23:36 - May 2 with 5480 viewsPablo_Counago

I had a quick snoop on the Watford forum and some of their 'insiders' have mentioned McKenna but he seem's to have been ruled out.

Of course, if he is hired, I'll run up to him on the pitch and tell him he broke my heart, Godfather style.

McKenna Fav for Watford Job on 00:30 - May 3 with 5188 viewsRyorry

People not understanding betting markets tosh.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

McKenna Fav for Watford Job on 03:01 - May 3 with 5001 viewsIllinoisblue

McKenna Fav for Watford Job on 23:36 - May 2 by Pablo_Counago

I had a quick snoop on the Watford forum and some of their 'insiders' have mentioned McKenna but he seem's to have been ruled out.

Of course, if he is hired, I'll run up to him on the pitch and tell him he broke my heart, Godfather style.

Timely link as i just watched Godfather II for the first time last night. Time to watch them all again

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

McKenna Fav for Watford Job on 06:37 - May 3 with 4729 viewsBlueBadger

McKenna Fav for Watford Job on 00:30 - May 3 by Ryorry

People not understanding betting markets tosh.

willing to bet that there's going to be at least 2 'OMG Mckenna is going to Watford' threads over the next few days after more idiots lump on and still more idiots think that other idiots throwing their money away is some kind of cast-iron gurantee.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

McKenna Fav for Watford Job on 07:01 - May 3 with 4595 viewsVeggie

This is the downside of actually having a manager who has a clue. Other clubs might want them.
McKenna Fav for Watford Job on 07:07 - May 3 with 4543 viewswkj

Whilst betting odds are as reliable as the prime minister in a pandemic - I wouldn't doubt it if McKenna receives a number of approaches over the summer (eyes firmly on Everton if they drop). Heart says he would stay (although I think Town would be willing to match terms of a better off to a certain extent) but my head says that loyalty and sentiment in football is a thing of a bygone era.

Certainly not pooing my pants over McKenna being poached over the summer but I am realistic enough to know that it shouldn't come as a surprise if he is.
[Post edited 3 May 2022 7:14]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

McKenna Fav for Watford Job on 07:21 - May 3 with 4454 viewsGuthrum

This interest (if real) will show what kind of character McKenna really is.

Whether he is simply an ambitious climber who will leap swiftly from one stepping-stone to another en route to what he hopes is a top job (not wet feet). Grasping the immediate financial benefits of moving, plus the chance to compete at a higher level now.

Or if he is someone who wants to finish a job he's started, carefully build a reputation for success and establish his career upon firm foundations. Taking a longer-term view.

From what we have seen of and heard from the man so far, plus his age, I think it is more likely to be the latter. But who knows what blandishments may be laid on him, what release clauses are in his contract, what riches offered? Loyalty is a fragile thing in football.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

McKenna Fav for Watford Job on 07:22 - May 3 with 4444 viewsPioneerBlue

With a cv that reads Tottenham and MUFC, now itfc as first manager role.

Watford No! Not the right profile.

He’s 35, he’s put building blocks in place to get to here. I’m nearly certain he will put in 2-3 years at Itfc then see where he is at before looking at what’s next. If it said, Brentford, Soton, Brighton, Bournemouth, Blackburn or NF then my level of concern goes up a few notches!

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

McKenna Fav for Watford Job on 07:24 - May 3 with 4436 viewsGuthrum

McKenna Fav for Watford Job on 23:20 - May 2 by FrimleyBlue

Didn't Ashton say something about change on Saturday in the programme notes..........

Yes. Marcus Evans had a buy-back clause if we didn't go up this season.

McKenna Fav for Watford Job on 07:57 - May 3 with 4163 viewsMattinLondon

McKenna Fav for Watford Job on 07:21 - May 3 by Guthrum

Whether he is simply an ambitious climber who will leap swiftly from one stepping-stone to another en route to what he hopes is a top job (not wet feet). Grasping the immediate financial benefits of moving, plus the chance to compete at a higher level now.

Or if he is someone who wants to finish a job he's started, carefully build a reputation for success and establish his career upon firm foundations. Taking a longer-term view.

From what we have seen of and heard from the man so far, plus his age, I think it is more likely to be the latter. But who knows what blandishments may be laid on him, what release clauses are in his contract, what riches offered? Loyalty is a fragile thing in football.

Loyalty in football is indeed fragile- from fans booing their own players to youngsters jumping ship to the dazzling lights of big club academies.

To date, McKenna comes across as a man who understands the ‘project’ he signed up for but I would be extremely surprised if he isn’t ambitious - but not ambitious in the short-term.

An older or established manager goes to Watford on a short-term deal. They collect their payslips, get back into the game knowing that a couple bad results will get them the sack. It’s a job that doesn’t really harm their previous held standing. I don’t think it’ll appeal to a younger manager who wants to build a much greater reputation within the game.

I hope that I am right.

Edit. The shorter post would read that gambling is a mugs game, these sort of bets are lumped on by idiots and odds like this mean nothing. It’s all balls.

[Post edited 3 May 2022 7:59]
McKenna Fav for Watford Job on 07:58 - May 3 with 4179 viewsgosblue

I’m hoping KMcK feels he has unfinished business here and an opportunity to build his CV. He has the chance to have a full pre-season and transfer window with money to spend and the full backing of owners and fans. What worries me is the close link between Watford and Martyn Pert who has had more than one spell there. Pert could be the sweetener that boosts Watford’s interest in McKenna. I really hope not. There are going to be a lot of managers available in the summer, many of whom I wouldn’t want to see at PR.
McKenna Fav for Watford Job on 08:03 - May 3 with 4088 viewsFrankfurtBlue

McKenna Fav for Watford Job on 07:24 - May 3 by Guthrum

Yes. Marcus Evans had a buy-back clause if we didn't go up this season.

He would have to be an idiot to exercise such a clause though...............oh shiiiiiite!
McKenna Fav for Watford Job on 08:05 - May 3 with 4051 viewsFrimleyBlue

McKenna Fav for Watford Job on 07:58 - May 3 by gosblue

I’m hoping KMcK feels he has unfinished business here and an opportunity to build his CV. He has the chance to have a full pre-season and transfer window with money to spend and the full backing of owners and fans. What worries me is the close link between Watford and Martyn Pert who has had more than one spell there. Pert could be the sweetener that boosts Watford’s interest in McKenna. I really hope not. There are going to be a lot of managers available in the summer, many of whom I wouldn’t want to see at PR.

Forgetting KM going for a second, your point about Pert could even be the most damaging aspect. Of the two, Pert actually has more experience for a management team of the two, we lose him, we don't actually know what we have left. We could be back to Cook without Leam again.

Waka waka eh eh

McKenna Fav for Watford Job on 08:07 - May 3 with 4034 viewsFrimleyBlue

McKenna Fav for Watford Job on 07:21 - May 3 by Guthrum

One thing for sure, he wouldn't be leaving for money, not a chance being the new owners chosen manager are they not going to match what ever he was offered.

Waka waka eh eh

McKenna Fav for Watford Job on 08:10 - May 3 with 4015 viewsFrimleyBlue

Removing blue tinted glasses for a second and looking at it from a potential other club viewing.

KM is a manager who took on a club and finished further from the play offs from when he took over, scored less goals and struggled to beat some sids at the bottom, he's won 1 game in 8.

Ignoring how people feel about the improvements they see between PC and him and why as a fanbase we go into next season with positive thoughts, result wise, it's not been 'that' superb imo for clubs higher to make him a top priority signing.

Waka waka eh eh

McKenna Fav for Watford Job on 08:12 - May 3 with 3993 viewstractorboy1978

McKenna Fav for Watford Job on 07:58 - May 3 by gosblue

I wouldn't be worried at all - neither of them are going anywhere.
McKenna Fav for Watford Job on 08:13 - May 3 with 3992 viewsGuthrum

McKenna Fav for Watford Job on 08:07 - May 3 by FrimleyBlue

One thing for sure, he wouldn't be leaving for money, not a chance being the new owners chosen manager are they not going to match what ever he was offered.

Not sure we could match a relegated Prem side (with parachute payments) - and hope to keep within L1 spending rules.

If, that is, Watford decided to make a large offer. As you suggest in your other post, they might not. But they will have the leeway.
[Post edited 3 May 2022 8:14]

McKenna Fav for Watford Job on 08:14 - May 3 with 3972 viewsFrimleyBlue

McKenna Fav for Watford Job on 08:13 - May 3 by Guthrum

Not sure we could match a relegated Prem side (with parachute payments) - and hope to keep within L1 spending rules.

If, that is, Watford decided to make a large offer. As you suggest in your other post, they might not. But they will have the leeway.
[Post edited 3 May 2022 8:14]

Course you could with ease, owners use their own cash to do so, job done. (Joe explained how this can be achieved for higher player wages at one point)

Waka waka eh eh

McKenna Fav for Watford Job on 08:17 - May 3 with 3949 viewsGuthrum

McKenna Fav for Watford Job on 08:14 - May 3 by FrimleyBlue

Course you could with ease, owners use their own cash to do so, job done. (Joe explained how this can be achieved for higher player wages at one point)

FWIW, I don't think Watford would push the boat out that hard. Nor would money likely be the primary consideration. More the chance to take Watford straight back up to the Prem.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024