Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good people of TWTD 23:22 - May 2 with 3095 viewsacj

A couple of months back my brother-in-law was diagnosed with MS, and we’re doing some fundraising to send him over to Mexico for some pioneering stem cell therapy. We’re getting very close to the fundraising target, and if anyone could spare a couple of quid it would be massive for him and all the family, as the treatment could be life changing. I’ll drop a link here to the fundraising campaign (I hope you don’t mind, Phil), and you can read a more detailed summary of his story on there if you’d like. Cheers TWTD!

https://gofund.me/d544cdd4

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

Good people of TWTD on 23:39 - May 2 with 3022 viewsNewcyBlue

I’ve just donated.

My mother had Primary Progressive MS. She also had an accident and then started experiencing the symptoms. I’ll PM you my details if you ever want to chat please get in touch.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Good people of TWTD on 23:45 - May 2 with 3003 viewsacj

Good people of TWTD on 23:39 - May 2 by NewcyBlue

I’ve just donated.

My mother had Primary Progressive MS. She also had an accident and then started experiencing the symptoms. I’ll PM you my details if you ever want to chat please get in touch.

Thank you so much Newcy, can’t tell you how much I appreciate it.

Good people of TWTD on 00:16 - May 3 with 2975 viewsjeera

Just donated. I cannot offer what some of these amazing people have - some incredible donations there - but hopefully they will soon reach the target.

Very best wishes to James and look forward to hearing all about his full recovery one day.

Stay positive all.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Good people of TWTD on 01:33 - May 3 with 2944 viewsacj

Good people of TWTD on 00:16 - May 3 by jeera

Just donated. I cannot offer what some of these amazing people have - some incredible donations there - but hopefully they will soon reach the target.

Very best wishes to James and look forward to hearing all about his full recovery one day.

Stay positive all.

Thank you Jeera, can’t tell you how much I appreciate it. I’ll make sure to give updates on how James gets on with the treatment and everything over the next few months!

Good people of TWTD on 04:09 - May 3 with 2894 viewspowinswitch

Thanks for posting this son. Thanks Newcy and Jeera. James is a wonderful fella, truly one of life’s proactive, generous people. If Carlsberg did son-in-laws, James would be Danish.
Good people of TWTD on 04:49 - May 3 with 2870 viewsRyorry

All the very best to James, plus yourself & the whole family of course, Acj 👍

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Good people of TWTD on 17:48 - May 3 with 2497 viewsJenks67

Thank you so much for your kind donations, as Alex said this means so much to the family, your so so kind xx
Good people of TWTD on 19:55 - May 3 with 2449 viewsRomeo4

Small donation made. Wishing James and the family all the very best.
Login to get fewer ads

Good people of TWTD on 14:20 - May 4 with 2213 viewsportmanking

My dad suffered with a 28-year-long battle with Secondary Progressive MS. It was one of the cruellest, most undignified declines a person could wish for. He passed away in 2018.

These kinds of treatments could prevent this from ever happening again. Donated.

Wishing him all the best.
Good people of TWTD on 13:34 - May 5 with 2037 viewspowinswitch

Would just like to thank everybody for their kind words , donations and sharing James’ story. Thanks again
Good people of TWTD on 11:33 - May 6 with 1850 viewssotd78

My daughter has relapsing remitting - she's been stable for 15 years - took up running and now does regular 10K and longer. I realise that this is a different version of MS. I've made a small donation. Good luck.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Good people of TWTD on 06:45 - May 8 with 1589 viewsacj

We hit the 50 thousand target today and James and all the family are completely overwhelmed by the support and generosity we’ve met with since the fundraiser was launched. I want to say a massive thank you to everyone who donated or spread the word about it, and I really can’t tell you how much your contributions mean to us. It was bloody lovely reading through the comments on the fundraising page and seeing several TWTD and ITFCs in there, and a real reminder of why I love being a part of this club even though we’ve been toss at football for 2 decades. A massive thank you to Phil/Gav for giving this thread the sticky and pinning it at the top of the forum too!

I’ll post an update here to give you guys some detail on James’ progress once we get him on his way for the treatment, which I think will be a couple of months or so down the line. Cheers ya bunch of bloody legends!

Good people of TWTD on 18:52 - May 8 with 1485 viewsnoggin

Small donation made. Fingers crossed for a successful outcome.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Good people of TWTD on 06:02 - Aug 7 with 961 viewsacj

Hi everyone!

A big thank you to so many of you that donated to this and helped us reach our fundraising goal, your generosity was incredible and it was great seeing so many ‘COYB’, ‘ITFC’ and ‘TWTD’ comments on the fundraising page.

I’d meant to post an update on here before now for those of you who wanted to follow James’ progress but I’ve just been so busy with work etc that I’d not got round to it until now, so my apologies on that! James and my sister flew out to Mexico a couple of weeks ago for his treatment and have been posting regular updates on their Facebook page. I’ll leave a link here so that anyone who wants to can follow their progress.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1165281530680154/?ref=share

Once more, just a massive thank you to all of you who helped to make this possible, from the bottom of my heart 💙💙💙💙

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024