Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Am I the only one who actually enjoys seeing other teams going up? 21:27 - May 3 with 1215 viewsTheBoyBlue

Not Norwich obviously and not when its directly at our expense, but once it is clear we aren't going up. I remember (vaguely) the joy of it all and enjoy knowing that there are people are experiencing the same. Don't know what it is. Perhaps the brotherhood of the football fan or to make up for not experiencing it for so long, but I'm genuinely pleased for Bournemouth fans. I hope they fully enjoy it and don't take it for granted.

And I hope that in a year, we too, can finally experience it for ourselves.
[Post edited 4 May 2022 17:42]

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Am I the only one who actually enjoys seeing other teams going up? on 21:29 - May 3 with 1190 viewsSitfcB

I was pleased for them when the first went up a few years ago but not now, just boring, them, Fulham and Norwich should just be relegated to the conference.

Would’ve been so much better to see Forest go up automatically.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Am I the only one who actually enjoys seeing other teams going up? on 21:35 - May 3 with 1166 viewsgainsboroughblue

It's just a bit dull and predictable when the same clubs just yo-yo.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Am I the only one who actually enjoys seeing other teams going up? on 21:36 - May 3 with 1160 viewsTheBoyBlue

Am I the only one who actually enjoys seeing other teams going up? on 21:29 - May 3 by SitfcB

I was pleased for them when the first went up a few years ago but not now, just boring, them, Fulham and Norwich should just be relegated to the conference.

Would’ve been so much better to see Forest go up automatically.

Would've enjoyed it even more if Forest went up as they and their fans have suffered in a similar fashion to us. But I can't say I dislike any other club (apart Norwich) and just enjoy seeing the joy the game brings to people just like us.

Am I the only one who actually enjoys seeing other teams going up? on 21:38 - May 3 with 1148 viewsTheBoyBlue

Am I the only one who actually enjoys seeing other teams going up? on 21:35 - May 3 by gainsboroughblue

I get that. I get the sense that Norwich & Fulham fans have taken it for granted, but generally speaking it is a wonderful feeling. I don't think Bournemouth have got to the taking it for granted stage yet.
[Post edited 3 May 2022 21:38]

Am I the only one who actually enjoys seeing other teams going up? on 22:02 - May 3 with 1094 viewsSwansea_Blue

I get unreasonably excited by the promotion and relegation races, irrespective of who’s involved. I’m not interested in seeing the games, just the results coming in and what that means for the tables. It’s a flashback to when we had to pour over the tables in the Sunday press before it was all at our fingertips on t’internet. TWTD.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Am I the only one who actually enjoys seeing other teams going up? on 22:32 - May 3 with 1041 viewsTheBoyBlue

Am I the only one who actually enjoys seeing other teams going up? on 22:02 - May 3 by Swansea_Blue

I get unreasonably excited by the promotion and relegation races, irrespective of who’s involved. I’m not interested in seeing the games, just the results coming in and what that means for the tables. It’s a flashback to when we had to pour over the tables in the Sunday press before it was all at our fingertips on t’internet. TWTD.

Can totally relate to that! It's helped stop me becoming totally interested in football over the last two decades!

Am I the only one who actually enjoys seeing other teams going up? on 07:13 - May 4 with 869 viewsElephantintheRoom

I doubt it. But I bet more fans get a certain gratuitous pleasure from a well merited relegation.

I don’t usually bother to look at the premier league but the idea of Leeds or Everton getting relegated is fairly joyous. I’m also quite pleased to see Barnsley prick the moneyball bubble

After a few suburban sides coming up into the league it’s quite nice to see Stockport rise again, especially at the expense of FC Hollywood. I come from an era when it was possible to marvel at the stats in the Rothmans Book of Football - Fastest league goal? Jim Fryatt, Stockport County 4 seconds. Great moustache too. And Stockport will be forever linked with a dire night in recent history.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Am I the only one who actually enjoys seeing other teams going up? on 07:17 - May 4 with 858 viewsITFC_Forever

Depends who it is.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

Am I the only one who actually enjoys seeing other teams going up? on 07:21 - May 4 with 846 viewsDubtractor

Am I the only one who actually enjoys seeing other teams going up? on 21:35 - May 3 by gainsboroughblue

If ITFC is a yo-yo we're currently doing that trick where the yo-yo just spins at the end of the string for as long as possible before spinning back up.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Am I the only one who actually enjoys seeing other teams going up? on 07:21 - May 4 with 846 viewsdissboy2

no, I do too so long as it's not you know who
Am I the only one who actually enjoys seeing other teams going up? on 08:47 - May 4 with 748 viewsGlasgowBlue

Yeah I'm with you on that. Always good to see fans dreams realised. Especially when it's an unfancied team.

Leicester's title win is a very good example of that.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Am I the only one who actually enjoys seeing other teams going up? on 09:04 - May 4 with 716 viewsBiGDonnie

Am I the only one who actually enjoys seeing other teams going up? on 07:13 - May 4 by ElephantintheRoom

I doubt it. But I bet more fans get a certain gratuitous pleasure from a well merited relegation.

I don’t usually bother to look at the premier league but the idea of Leeds or Everton getting relegated is fairly joyous. I’m also quite pleased to see Barnsley prick the moneyball bubble

After a few suburban sides coming up into the league it’s quite nice to see Stockport rise again, especially at the expense of FC Hollywood. I come from an era when it was possible to marvel at the stats in the Rothmans Book of Football - Fastest league goal? Jim Fryatt, Stockport County 4 seconds. Great moustache too. And Stockport will be forever linked with a dire night in recent history.

Like yourself and Frimmers when we came down to league one you mean?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Am I the only one who actually enjoys seeing other teams going up? on 17:38 - May 4 with 573 viewsTheBoyBlue

Am I the only one who actually enjoys seeing other teams going up? on 07:17 - May 4 by ITFC_Forever

Depends who it is.

Definitely not Norwich!

Am I the only one who actually enjoys seeing other teams going up? on 18:00 - May 4 with 547 viewsTheBoyBlue

Am I the only one who actually enjoys seeing other teams going up? on 08:47 - May 4 by GlasgowBlue

Yeah I'm with you on that. Always good to see fans dreams realised. Especially when it's an unfancied team.

Leicester's title win is a very good example of that.

Perfect example! That felt much more relatable than Liverpool or Man Utd winning it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024