Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... 18:01 - May 5 with 2270 viewsFunge

... two fairly pointless teams; a load of sh1thouses against a Starbucks franchise.

Suppose I'd prefer Wycombe to win, and then lose against Weds/ Mackems in the final.

Wonder if Mo Eisa could work for us here...?
So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... on 18:09 - May 5 with 1988 viewsIllinoisblue

Tough one, isn’t it? Feel soiled even thinking about the fact these two clubs are currently better than us. Been writing off Wycombe all season but they frequently seem to find a way.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... on 18:23 - May 5 with 1939 viewsBramidan

So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... on 18:09 - May 5 by Illinoisblue

Tough one, isn’t it? Feel soiled even thinking about the fact these two clubs are currently better than us. Been writing off Wycombe all season but they frequently seem to find a way.

Plus we embarrassed them away. A Wycombe supporter said to me we were the best team he had seen at Adams Park.
It hurts.
So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... on 18:30 - May 5 with 1904 viewsSteve_M

I think my order of preference is Wednesday too, MK bottom. Sunderland making a mess of it again works also be funny.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... on 18:32 - May 5 with 1896 viewsSitfcB

Maybe if they could sell out the home end it wouldn’t be a problem…!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... on 18:37 - May 5 with 1875 viewsFunge

So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... on 18:32 - May 5 by SitfcB

That bloke is a pure joke, as is anyone over the age of 16 who follows them.

Screw it, hope Wycombe stuff them.
So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... on 18:45 - May 5 with 1848 viewsSitfcB

So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... on 18:37 - May 5 by Funge

That bloke is a pure joke, as is anyone over the age of 16 who follows them.

Screw it, hope Wycombe stuff them.

Hope Wycombe beat them and then Sunderland/Sheff Wed destroy them in the final.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... on 18:45 - May 5 with 1847 viewsDubtractor

So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... on 18:32 - May 5 by SitfcB

I was genuinely amazed by how few fans they had at our game there. Can't have been more than 5k, despite the official attendance suggesting otherwise.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... on 18:52 - May 5 with 1825 viewsibbleobble

If I had to choose I’d rather a trip to the Stadium MK even if 60% empty than Adam’s Park. Wycombe to go up as Hillsborough and Stadium of Light are also much better by some distance.

Sheffield Wednesday, Portsmouth, Sunderland, Derby County Oxford United, Charlton Athletic and Bolton Wanderers all in League One? That’s a lot of trophies and history for such a whack standard!
Login to get fewer ads

So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... on 18:54 - May 5 with 1822 viewsMattinLondon

So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... on 18:45 - May 5 by Dubtractor

I was genuinely amazed by how few fans they had at our game there. Can't have been more than 5k, despite the official attendance suggesting otherwise.

I guess I’m kinda defending MK Dons which doesn’t give me any pride but here goes. It takes generations for a fan base to develop. Todays kids who become MK Dons supporters will then pass it on to their kids and so on and so on.

I still don’t understand why their owner did what he did. Would have made more sense to invest in the non-league team - who were at the time when it all kicked off, a few divisions below the Football League and build up organically.
So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... on 19:05 - May 5 with 1778 viewsIllinoisblue

So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... on 18:23 - May 5 by Bramidan

Plus we embarrassed them away. A Wycombe supporter said to me we were the best team he had seen at Adams Park.
It hurts.

Mad to think just a month after that game Cook was sacked.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... on 20:55 - May 5 with 1596 viewsSteve_M

A sh1thouse team like Wycombe are probably not the side to play in a play-off semi final. They’re worth the 1-0 lead so far.
[Post edited 5 May 2022 21:18]

So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... on 21:01 - May 5 with 1570 viewsMullet

So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... on 20:55 - May 5 by Steve_M

A sh1thouse team like Wycombe are probably not the side to play in a play-off semi final. They’re worth the 1-0 lead so far.
[Post edited 5 May 2022 21:18]

As long as no Northern teams go up it's all good.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... on 21:03 - May 5 with 1564 viewsGiveusaWave

Would like us to sign Twine, so hope Wycombe win over the two legs

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... on 21:05 - May 5 with 1551 viewsMullet

So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... on 21:03 - May 5 by GiveusaWave

Would like us to sign Twine, so hope Wycombe win over the two legs

Why do people think we'd get him? Genuinely baffled by this. Whatever we offer a Champ club or even a Prem club beats it.

So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... on 21:05 - May 5 with 1548 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

No idea why I’m watching it - absolutely couldn’t care less who wins.
So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... on 21:16 - May 5 with 1498 viewsFunge

So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... on 21:05 - May 5 by Mullet

Why do people think we'd get him? Genuinely baffled by this. Whatever we offer a Champ club or even a Prem club beats it.

Mainly agree - I think Twine is Champ-bound, possibly even Bournemouth - but then no-one thought we'd get Morsy or Celina...
So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... on 21:30 - May 5 with 1451 viewsMullet

So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... on 21:16 - May 5 by Funge

Mainly agree - I think Twine is Champ-bound, possibly even Bournemouth - but then no-one thought we'd get Morsy or Celina...

Think there's extenuating circumstances there, given both clubs wanted them gone etc. Twine feels like wishful thinking to put it politely.

I want a big sexyugly mean bastard up top. A Daryl Murphy innit

So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... on 21:30 - May 5 with 1449 viewsSteve_M

So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... on 21:16 - May 5 by Funge

Yes, but Twine is British do get that premium. I’m not convinced on his all round game though, did very little at the soulless bowl back on February.

Wycombe 2-0 up against ten men. I suppose it would be pure banter era due the team we comfortably beat twice go up.

Then again it is the play-offs so nothing done just yet.

So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... on 21:31 - May 5 with 1449 viewsChrisd

So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... on 21:05 - May 5 by Mullet

Feel exactly the same. We might believe, as fans of the club, we’re the biggest attraction but in reality I’m sure established Championship sides will be trying to tempt him away.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... on 21:37 - May 5 with 1414 viewsIpswichKnight

So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... on 21:30 - May 5 by Steve_M

Yes, but Twine is British do get that premium. I’m not convinced on his all round game though, did very little at the soulless bowl back on February.

Wycombe 2-0 up against ten men. I suppose it would be pure banter era due the team we comfortably beat twice go up.

He’s done very little tonight as well. As others have said he’ll be off to the championship and doubt very much he’d want another season in L1 when championship clubs are circling.

You can just see Wycombe getting promoted then gifting Norwich the easiest 6 points they’ll get in the championship next season.
So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... on 21:39 - May 5 with 1390 viewsFunge

So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... on 21:30 - May 5 by Steve_M

True enough - although he has scored two banging goals in his two appearances at PR; I thought he was good down here this season (altho Hladky probably should've done rather better)

Still think Wednesday are going up....
[Post edited 5 May 2022 21:46]
So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... on 21:52 - May 5 with 1304 viewsLankHenners

They've probably gone a bit under the radar with the relative hype around Manning plus Sunderland and Wednesday shouting their mouths off about how massive they are so it would be a bit of dark humour for such a sh!thouse team to bundle their way up by tonking the ball onto some orc's head over and over again.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... on 22:13 - May 5 with 1216 viewsVeggie

What a complete Winkelman
So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... on 22:18 - May 5 with 1183 viewsJ2BLUE

I hope Sheff Wed smash them in the final.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So, Wycombe vs Dongs in the first play-off tonight... on 23:19 - May 5 with 999 viewsChurchman

Neither team impressed me. MKD were bullied out of it, not least because they fell into a scuffle trap. Twine is liked by many on here, but he was ineffectual tonight. It’ll be interesting to see if he improves in the return leg.

Wycombe are nothing special, but they are physical and very well organised. Everyone knows their job and sticks to it. Vokes is old, but he is effective. A real target man. They were also organised and dangerous from set pieces - something I hope we can improve on.

I be interested to see if Sunderland and SW offer a little bit more.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024