Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sounds familiar 16:06 - May 7 with 1934 viewsGlasgowBlue

Starting to feel sorry for the way Cook's career isa going now.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Sounds familiar on 16:11 - May 7 with 1871 viewsJ2BLUE

Edit: Thought it was the last day. Still a chance for them.
[Post edited 7 May 2022 16:12]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Sounds familiar on 16:15 - May 7 with 1843 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sounds familiar on 16:11 - May 7 by J2BLUE

Edit: Thought it was the last day. Still a chance for them.
[Post edited 7 May 2022 16:12]

He's very lucky that Dag & Red are losing 3-0. Had they won they'd have gone above Chesterfield on goal difference.

Dag and Red also have Wrexham on the last day so Chesterfield should scrape into the playoffs. From there I simply don't see them progressing

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Sounds familiar on 16:15 - May 7 with 1854 viewsDubtractor

I would feel sorry, but he went out of his way to be a nob end to the squad when it went belly up at the end of last season, and it seems like the same is happening there.

Yeah, he threw out lots of soundbites to the fans to get them onside, and had a chat with people in the pub, but he was rubbish at the 'being a manager' bit of the job, and rather than taking any responsibility just threw everyone else under the bus.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Sounds familiar on 22:48 - May 7 with 1382 viewspatrickswell

Sounds familiar on 16:15 - May 7 by GlasgowBlue

He's very lucky that Dag & Red are losing 3-0. Had they won they'd have gone above Chesterfield on goal difference.

Dag and Red also have Wrexham on the last day so Chesterfield should scrape into the playoffs. From there I simply don't see them progressing

I don’t know, it would be peak Ipswich for this utter charlatan to go and win promotion with Chesterfield after the mess he made here. Reading his quotes after Chesterfield games though makes you wonder whether Richardson was not only coaching players but serving as a communication conduit as well. Cook seems an utterly destructive force without him.
Sounds familiar on 23:10 - May 7 with 1315 viewsChurchman

Sounds familiar on 22:48 - May 7 by patrickswell

I don’t know, it would be peak Ipswich for this utter charlatan to go and win promotion with Chesterfield after the mess he made here. Reading his quotes after Chesterfield games though makes you wonder whether Richardson was not only coaching players but serving as a communication conduit as well. Cook seems an utterly destructive force without him.

Could it be that at 56 years old the game has moved on, passed him by and he has moved on in terms of remembering what it was like to be a player? Could some of the players think ‘old fool, what does he know?’

It’s just speculation on my part in that every thing and everybody has a ‘shelf life’. Robson and Ferguson are exceptions (much lower level - Warnock too), but by and large I think it’s an interesting point worthy of consideration.

Cook did his best. He just got it wrong here. He wasn’t good enough. Simple as that. I don’t know the bloke, don’t wish to but I wish him well.
Sounds familiar on 23:35 - May 7 with 1255 viewsBlueBadger

Sounds familiar on 16:15 - May 7 by Dubtractor

I would feel sorry, but he went out of his way to be a nob end to the squad when it went belly up at the end of last season, and it seems like the same is happening there.

Yeah, he threw out lots of soundbites to the fans to get them onside, and had a chat with people in the pub, but he was rubbish at the 'being a manager' bit of the job, and rather than taking any responsibility just threw everyone else under the bus.

'Great at soundbites but terrible at management' could describe any number of our Evans era managers.

It speaks a number of depressing volumes about our fans that loads of them fell for them time and time again.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Sounds familiar on 00:17 - May 8 with 1196 viewsMattinLondon

Sounds familiar on 23:35 - May 7 by BlueBadger

'Great at soundbites but terrible at management' could describe any number of our Evans era managers.

It speaks a number of depressing volumes about our fans that loads of them fell for them time and time again.

Well what are fans supposed to say to new managers? ‘Sorry, but the last chap was awful so f**k you’.

Some fans choose to revise or claim that they never fell for the charm and then make arsey remarks some time later. I’ll fully get behind new Ipswich managers, fully support banners in their name and will have faith in them until they prove inadequate.
Sounds familiar on 10:16 - May 8 with 898 viewsJ2BLUE

Sounds familiar on 00:17 - May 8 by MattinLondon

Well what are fans supposed to say to new managers? ‘Sorry, but the last chap was awful so f**k you’.

Some fans choose to revise or claim that they never fell for the charm and then make arsey remarks some time later. I’ll fully get behind new Ipswich managers, fully support banners in their name and will have faith in them until they prove inadequate.

Yea but that doesn't let you pretend to be cool on the internet.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Sounds familiar on 10:25 - May 8 with 853 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Sounds familiar on 10:16 - May 8 by J2BLUE

Yea but that doesn't let you pretend to be cool on the internet.

Indeed, what fun is it without edgelord takes like calling your new manager “smarmy” after his first press conference.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024