Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Canary Call right now.... 16:09 - May 8 with 3077 viewsFarmerpiles

Comedy gold. "Not fit to wear the shirt" "Delia Smith and Stuart Webber need to sod off" etc etc. lol
Canary Call right now.... on 18:36 - May 8 with 2629 viewsBlueNomad

I don’t think they will bounce back next season. They have had their “glorious decade.”
Canary Call right now.... on 18:56 - May 8 with 2556 viewsBlueBadger

Canary Call right now.... on 18:36 - May 8 by BlueNomad

I don’t think they will bounce back next season. They have had their “glorious decade.”

Previous relegation they went down being not very good but fighting. This season they've been utterly spineless.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Canary Call right now.... on 19:33 - May 8 with 2416 viewsjayessess

Canary Call right now.... on 18:56 - May 8 by BlueBadger

Previous relegation they went down being not very good but fighting. This season they've been utterly spineless.

Well, they lost their last 10 games straight, so not much of a fight. It was behind closed doors and during a global health crisis, which probably let them off the hook a bit.

Hard to mess up in the Championship with parachute payments, but having everyone at each other's throats, people yelling at the technical director and the owners, a manager with little support and a mixed record, a dressing room that's clearly not arsed and virtually no players returning on the back of a decent season, ups the chances a lot.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Canary Call right now.... on 20:22 - May 8 with 2239 viewsParisBlue

Canary Call right now.... on 19:33 - May 8 by jayessess

Well, they lost their last 10 games straight, so not much of a fight. It was behind closed doors and during a global health crisis, which probably let them off the hook a bit.

Hard to mess up in the Championship with parachute payments, but having everyone at each other's throats, people yelling at the technical director and the owners, a manager with little support and a mixed record, a dressing room that's clearly not arsed and virtually no players returning on the back of a decent season, ups the chances a lot.

No Buendia this time, Pukki getting on a bit and they've spent £50m on crap. Parachute payments will give them a good chance but as West Brom have shown (and Stoke, Swansea, Sunderland) there's no guarantees.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Canary Call right now.... on 20:39 - May 8 with 2172 viewsTheBoyBlue

Canary Call right now.... on 18:36 - May 8 by BlueNomad

I'd be staggered if they're not straight back up next season. They are rubbish at staying in the PL and always come down seemingly in a mess, fans calling for Delia's head, Farke's head, grumbling, apparently poor players having sold their latest 'star', Pukki's lost his touch, etc.

Yet they know how to get back up, backed with funds that they know how to spend at that level. Those poor players are usually good enough for the Championship, they typically find some gem and Pukki gets the number of opportunities he needs to score rather than the crumbs he gets in the PL.

I'll be amazed if they don't go up next year, but I won't care if the McKenna revolution achieves what it promises.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Canary Call right now.... on 20:41 - May 8 with 2156 viewsMullet

Canary Call right now.... on 20:39 - May 8 by TheBoyBlue

I'd be staggered if they're not straight back up next season. They are rubbish at staying in the PL and always come down seemingly in a mess, fans calling for Delia's head, Farke's head, grumbling, apparently poor players having sold their latest 'star', Pukki's lost his touch, etc.

Yet they know how to get back up, backed with funds that they know how to spend at that level. Those poor players are usually good enough for the Championship, they typically find some gem and Pukki gets the number of opportunities he needs to score rather than the crumbs he gets in the PL.

I'll be amazed if they don't go up next year, but I won't care if the McKenna revolution achieves what it promises.

Who do they sell this time though? Without the Maddison windfall they were screwed the last time. They have to stop rolling double sixes eventually, no matter how fitting an analogy that might be.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Canary Call right now.... on 20:55 - May 8 with 2099 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Canary Call right now.... on 20:41 - May 8 by Mullet

Who do they sell this time though? Without the Maddison windfall they were screwed the last time. They have to stop rolling double sixes eventually, no matter how fitting an analogy that might be.

Cantwell maybe had some takes but his value must have dropped, Max Aarons gets linked to some big clubs for no fathomable reason,

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Canary Call right now.... on 20:58 - May 8 with 2072 viewsHARRY10

Canary Call right now.... on 20:22 - May 8 by ParisBlue

No Buendia this time, Pukki getting on a bit and they've spent £50m on crap. Parachute payments will give them a good chance but as West Brom have shown (and Stoke, Swansea, Sunderland) there's no guarantees.

the trick is not to overspend, so you struggle in the CH, or even end ip in L1

WBA did, as have Sunderland, Derby, Weds. You either accept you are not going to win the PL, or make it into Europe and enjoy the season or two there, but not commit yourself to contracts you cannot pay

However it just means you are cannon fodder, making up the numbers for the top eight clubs.

A game of musical chairs, rather than any football achievement.
Login to get fewer ads

Canary Call right now.... on 00:13 - May 9 with 1728 viewscressi

Canary Call right now.... on 20:58 - May 8 by HARRY10

the trick is not to overspend, so you struggle in the CH, or even end ip in L1

WBA did, as have Sunderland, Derby, Weds. You either accept you are not going to win the PL, or make it into Europe and enjoy the season or two there, but not commit yourself to contracts you cannot pay

However it just means you are cannon fodder, making up the numbers for the top eight clubs.

A game of musical chairs, rather than any football achievement.

I actually don't think they will bonce back this time, pucki is a year older.
Cantwell (can't well) so they claimed a 20 million pound player now worth 20 quid and don't want to be there.
May get a bit for Aaron's
And the manager who was successful at getting out of the championship sacked.
Canary Call right now.... on 06:44 - May 9 with 1547 viewsVeggie

I don’t think they’ll go back up this time. There seems a lot of disarray at the club currently. They have been so lucky in recent seasons but it seems that might be running out finally. The key thing is no Farke. I’m surprised no other team has snapped him up yet. Dean Smith seems an old school chancer. Hopefully they finally crash and burn.
[Post edited 9 May 2022 6:45]
Canary Call right now.... on 07:28 - May 9 with 1451 viewsbournemouthblue

Canary Call right now.... on 20:41 - May 8 by Mullet

They've been throwing double 6's ever since Lambert took over

When was the last Championship season they haven't had parachute payments, it must be some time now?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Canary Call right now.... on 07:34 - May 9 with 1421 viewsSteve_M

Canary Call right now.... on 07:28 - May 9 by bournemouthblue

They've been throwing double 6's ever since Lambert took over

When was the last Championship season they haven't had parachute payments, it must be some time now?

2018-19, they had totally fecked it and the Madison money gave them one last chance. Given the state of them when we drew 1-1 in September of that season - little different to us - it's quite remarkable they finished so well that season.

Watford seem less fractious so should be well placed for a promotion challenge next season but not sure who else, Leeds if they go down are probably ok too, so long may this strife around Carrow Road continue.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024