Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours 18:53 - May 8 with 3900 viewsunstableblue

First off a shameful 13,000, my work colleague was able to buy a ticket on Friday afternoon!

But they do play good football. And are similar to us in many ways. Interesting they play Twine who’s more akin to Celina/Chaplin as the central single striker (although he come deep a lot) and then parrot and another to the side who are more physical
[Post edited 8 May 2022 19:03]

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 19:07 - May 8 with 3376 viewsunstableblue

I should add that MK have split the 2000 Wycombe fans in two to break up their support! I’m the upper tier.

I do think MK have finished higher because they are more dynamic, get more bodies in the box, break the lines, and in twine, parrot and boateng more effective attacking players.

They’re actually playing a 5-4-1 with parrot wider

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 19:07 - May 8 with 3374 viewsHipsterectomy

Wycombe and Stockdale just casually doing an American-sports style time out with Stockdale going down for 4-5 mins to give his team time to regroup and have a mini team talk

That is sthousery at mastery level

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 19:10 - May 8 with 3345 viewsEastTownBlue

MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 19:07 - May 8 by Hipsterectomy

Wycombe and Stockdale just casually doing an American-sports style time out with Stockdale going down for 4-5 mins to give his team time to regroup and have a mini team talk

As we have seen Wigan and Sunderland do at PR this season. They have picked up a bit since then.
MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 19:18 - May 8 with 3296 viewsMattinLondon

It takes a couple of generations to build up support - in around twenty years time they’d average a lot more support. Probably.
MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 19:26 - May 8 with 3225 viewsjayessess

MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 19:07 - May 8 by Hipsterectomy

Feel like every team does this now. Virtually impossible for the authorities to do anything too.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 19:59 - May 8 with 3031 viewsSwansea_Blue

MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 19:26 - May 8 by jayessess

Feel like every team does this now. Virtually impossible for the authorities to do anything too.

They could change the rules to stop the clock but get rid of added on time. But then before you know it we’d have time outs and some American pop has been performing a concert for half an hour at half time!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 20:05 - May 8 with 2984 viewsjayessess

MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 19:59 - May 8 by Swansea_Blue

They could change the rules to stop the clock but get rid of added on time. But then before you know it we’d have time outs and some American pop has been performing a concert for half an hour at half time!

"Timeout" fake injuries break the opposition's momentum, calm your team down and give the manager the opportunity to impart tactical instructions. The damage is done whether or not you get the game time back.

MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 20:09 - May 8 with 2957 viewsFtnfwest

MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 20:05 - May 8 by jayessess

"Timeout" fake injuries break the opposition's momentum, calm your team down and give the manager the opportunity to impart tactical instructions. The damage is done whether or not you get the game time back.

They get treatment but game continues around them. They’d soon get up…
Login to get fewer ads

MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 20:12 - May 8 with 2926 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Wycombe must be due to let in a late goal.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 20:16 - May 8 with 2912 viewsjayessess

MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 20:09 - May 8 by Ftnfwest

They get treatment but game continues around them. They’d soon get up…

Rather unfair on teams with genuine injuries (and encouraging to teams who want to rough the opposition up)

MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 20:17 - May 8 with 2897 viewsSteve_M

MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 20:12 - May 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

Wycombe must be due to let in a late goal.

A curiously flat play-off tie really, especially given MK got a goal back early on. Partly down to Wycombe largely keeping them away from the goal but the lack of a crowd in such a big stadium is surely a factor.

Tomorrow’s match should be rather different.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 20:19 - May 8 with 2884 viewsFtnfwest

MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 20:16 - May 8 by jayessess

Rather unfair on teams with genuine injuries (and encouraging to teams who want to rough the opposition up)

Maybe and although I never like the ‘well they get on with it in rugby’ types, well you have to say they do get on with it in rugby, and same for both teams,
MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 20:29 - May 8 with 2813 viewsunstableblue

MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 20:17 - May 8 by Steve_M

A curiously flat play-off tie really, especially given MK got a goal back early on. Partly down to Wycombe largely keeping them away from the goal but the lack of a crowd in such a big stadium is surely a factor.

Tomorrow’s match should be rather different.

I thought it was a good watch, a team playing good football and a team throwing everything bodies and blocks in the way to stop them.

Manning is clearly a very good coach and if he can keep some of his talent, they’ll be a force next season. Twine will go no doubt… albeit he had a bit of an ineffective game.

MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 20:34 - May 8 with 2770 viewsDJR

I know I shouldn't like MK Dons because of what they did to Wimbledon but I would have preferred they went up because (a) they finished third, (b) they play decent football, (c) they don't appear to engage in sh!thousery, and (d) they have a manager with an Ipswich connection.
MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 20:43 - May 8 with 2718 viewsbackwaywhen

MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 20:34 - May 8 by DJR

I know I shouldn't like MK Dons because of what they did to Wimbledon but I would have preferred they went up because (a) they finished third, (b) they play decent football, (c) they don't appear to engage in sh!thousery, and (d) they have a manager with an Ipswich connection.

But we now get another excellent day out with an 8000 following next season , what’s not to like 👍
MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 20:48 - May 8 with 2679 viewsSteve_M

MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 20:29 - May 8 by unstableblue

I thought it was a good watch, a team playing good football and a team throwing everything bodies and blocks in the way to stop them.

Manning is clearly a very good coach and if he can keep some of his talent, they’ll be a force next season. Twine will go no doubt… albeit he had a bit of an ineffective game.

Yes, it was entertaining but just lacked a bit of the frisson that makes play-off ties. It never really looked like MK would score again for the most part, although they did up the tempo in the last few minutes.
[Post edited 8 May 2022 21:03]

MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 20:51 - May 8 with 2658 viewsjayessess

MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 20:19 - May 8 by Ftnfwest

Maybe and although I never like the ‘well they get on with it in rugby’ types, well you have to say they do get on with it in rugby, and same for both teams,

Not sure I'd feel any happier about conceding with 10 men because Wes Burns is off the pitch clutching his ankle than I do watching Rotherham take 74 seconds for a throw in because they're 1 nil up.

MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 21:22 - May 8 with 2483 viewsDJR

MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 20:43 - May 8 by backwaywhen

But we now get another excellent day out with an 8000 following next season , what’s not to like 👍

Very good point.
MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 07:35 - May 9 with 1874 viewsSteve_M

MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 20:43 - May 8 by backwaywhen

The whole going to Milton Keynes part.

MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 07:56 - May 9 with 1819 viewsbournemouthblue

MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 19:26 - May 8 by jayessess

Aidy Boothroyd used to describe it as 'managing the game'.

It's very very cynical, Wycombe are total sh1thouses

Mick McCarthy for all his faults, didn't employ these kind of tactics, his teams were hard but fair

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 07:59 - May 9 with 1802 viewsbournemouthblue

MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 20:34 - May 8 by DJR

Finishing 3rd and not going up is what we are very good at doing sadly

Where as you can get a club who are crap for years, have one good season, go up and then spend the next 5 years in the Premier League

Someone earlier said Norwich keep rolling double sixes with their yoyoing, I'd suggest they have been doing it ever since Lambert took over

We have been rolling double 1's really since Premier League relegation

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 08:59 - May 9 with 1682 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The fact that it’s about 0.3% as good an away day as Wycombe, for a start?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 09:48 - May 9 with 1576 viewsbackwaywhen

MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 08:59 - May 9 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

The fact that it’s about 0.3% as good an away day as Wycombe, for a start?

Both piss poor places to visit , the big plus for MK is the size of following and far better stadium …….And of course NO M25 !
MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 10:16 - May 9 with 1504 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 09:48 - May 9 by backwaywhen

Both piss poor places to visit , the big plus for MK is the size of following and far better stadium …….And of course NO M25 !

‘Far better stadium’

Christ alive

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 10:20 - May 9 with 1480 viewsSTYG

MK Dons shameful crowd, but they play good stuff in a style similar to ours on 10:16 - May 9 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

‘Far better stadium’

Christ alive

I don't think anyone can deny MK Dons have a far better stadium that Wycombe.

In terms of which ground I'd rather visit, has the best character or makes for the best away day, that's different.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024