Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Troy Parrott 11:03 - May 9 with 3262 viewstractorboy1978

Got to be a top contender for striking targets?
Troy Parrott on 11:12 - May 9 with 3192 viewsitfcsuth

I'd have thought he'd be high up on our search list.

Ticks a lot of boxes you'd think for KM. Along with the obvious connection knowing him from the Tottenham academy.

A very good work rate leading the line, a very good presser of the ball. Took his goal exceptionally well yesterday and seems to have had a very good season with MK, playing in both the central striker position, and sometimes a little bit wider as well. Has been playing the system this year that he would if joined here.

10 goals 7 assists is good season for him.
Troy Parrott on 11:15 - May 9 with 3158 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Troy Parrott on 11:12 - May 9 by itfcsuth

Ticks a lot of boxes you'd think for KM. Along with the obvious connection knowing him from the Tottenham academy.

A very good work rate leading the line, a very good presser of the ball. Took his goal exceptionally well yesterday and seems to have had a very good season with MK, playing in both the central striker position, and sometimes a little bit wider as well. Has been playing the system this year that he would if joined here.

I seem to remember him having some pace as well, or am I mistaking him for another player?

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

Troy Parrott on 11:15 - May 9 with 3161 viewsitfcjoe

10 goals and 7 assists is ok, but he scored 1 goal in the league between 17 August and 8th March which was 23 games.

Is he really an improvement on what we've got, with the obvious caveat that he has room to grow more than what we have

Goals per minute wis this season he is less than:
Norwood, Jackson, Bonne, Chaplin, Burns and Celina

Assists per minute wise he is less than:
Humphreys, Jackson, Coulson, KVY and Celina
[Post edited 9 May 2022 11:18]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Troy Parrott on 11:17 - May 9 with 3134 viewsSTYG

Troy Parrott on 11:15 - May 9 by itfcjoe

10 goals and 7 assists is ok, but he scored 1 goal in the league between 17 August and 8th March which was 23 games.

Is he really an improvement on what we've got, with the obvious caveat that he has room to grow more than what we have

Would be a no from me.

He's on that list of players I'd have loved us to sign when Evans was here, but we are now shopping at the sort of places where we can convince someone with 10 goals and 7 assists in the Championship to come here.
Troy Parrott on 11:20 - May 9 with 3104 viewsJDB23

He’s a good footballer first and foremost and we need to be going for that rather than players who have shown a bit of form but generally aren’t as good technically. You see the potential that can bring with Will Keane and Parrott is still very young. I’d love us to bring him in and then one other experienced goal scorer, I think he might be out of our reach though unless we’re targeting a loan.
[Post edited 9 May 2022 11:21]
Troy Parrott on 11:25 - May 9 with 3022 viewsjayessess

I can see two reasons we might fancy him, first that, like Jackson, he's got that Premier League physicality (and unlike Jackson combines it with decent technical ability), second that, McKenna knowing him well thinks he'll kick on further.

Worth noting also that (I think) his Spurs contract is up in Summer 2023, so I wonder if they might look to cash in?

That said, watching him yesterday you get why he's not prolific. He wasn't terribly clinical and scored with what to me looked like an attempted pass...

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Troy Parrott on 11:43 - May 9 with 2893 viewstractorboy1978

Troy Parrott on 11:17 - May 9 by STYG

Would be a no from me.

He's on that list of players I'd have loved us to sign when Evans was here, but we are now shopping at the sort of places where we can convince someone with 10 goals and 7 assists in the Championship to come here.

He's a player with a high ceiling though. I think people forget he has only just turned 20 and is only 3 days older than Tyreece Simpson! He's played a fair amount of football for a player of his age, including first team international football.

I wouldn't say he's your man for guaranteed goals but I'd love him to come in as one of 3 options. He's been used in several roles under Manning, who like McKenna is a fantastic coach that has improved him. He'd fit into our system like a glove.

He has the profile of a player that with the right nurturing could go for 8 figures later in his career.
[Post edited 9 May 2022 11:45]
Troy Parrott on 11:43 - May 9 with 2886 viewsGarv

Not prolific...but he's still just 20 years old, and this was his first full season. You can only imagine he's going to improve.

He was decent when he was here as well. Him and Norwood built up a partnership very quickly and by all accounts he'd suit our style.

I imagine we'd be fairly happy to have him.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

Troy Parrott on 11:45 - May 9 with 2875 viewsBlueBlood90

A tidy player who I can imagine us targeting but he wouldn't be my first choice.

Not enough end product for me. We need a clinical finisher and 10 goals with 7 assists just wouldn't be good enough to take our team to the next level.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Troy Parrott on 11:57 - May 9 with 2784 viewsSharkey

McKenna would have left Tottenham by the time Parrott arrived in 2017.
[Post edited 9 May 2022 12:06]
Troy Parrott on 11:58 - May 9 with 2778 viewsJ2BLUE

Twine was taking corners for MK Dons last night. If he's been doing that all season his scoring stats are even more impressive. Would explain some of the assists as well. Adding a goalscorer who can deliver a decent corner would be a great addition.

Not that I expect him to be in league one.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Troy Parrott on 12:00 - May 9 with 2761 viewstractorboy1978

Troy Parrott on 11:58 - May 9 by J2BLUE

Twine was taking corners for MK Dons last night. If he's been doing that all season his scoring stats are even more impressive. Would explain some of the assists as well. Adding a goalscorer who can deliver a decent corner would be a great addition.

Not that I expect him to be in league one.

I can't believe we didn't go for him on a free last summer. It seemed such an obvious one.
Troy Parrott on 12:30 - May 9 with 2597 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Not sold. He's done OK in a decent team this year but how does he compare to Bonnes figs for example. Quite similar I think

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Troy Parrott on 12:54 - May 9 with 2465 viewsHipsterectomy

I would have him back. Whether he would want to come or not is a different matter. I can’t imagine he has fond memories of his time here

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Troy Parrott on 13:19 - May 9 with 2314 viewschicoazul

We only have Piggott so yes he is better than what we have.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Troy Parrott on 14:58 - May 9 with 2001 viewsScuzzer

After watching the game yesterday...no.
Shooting was way off. Scored by a fluke header...think it was intended to be a cross for his strike partner. Hes had his chance here...and didnt really have us on our feet.

Established 1968

Troy Parrott on 15:14 - May 9 with 1935 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I was one of the few who liked him here. We'll presumably aim higher.
Troy Parrott on 15:20 - May 9 with 1909 viewsMediocre_Quick

Because he was so good the last time he was here...
Troy Parrott on 15:24 - May 9 with 1893 viewsArnieM

I’m surprised people are touting TP as a striker target. When he played for us before I wasn’t overly impressed tbh . Very hit and miss ( mostly miss). I haven’t followed his career since he’s left us , so had he improved considerably to be considered our potential primary striker?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Troy Parrott on 17:16 - May 9 with 1717 viewsdominiciawful

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Troy Parrott on 17:32 - May 9 with 1679 viewsDJR

Troy Parrott on 15:24 - May 9 by ArnieM

I’m surprised people are touting TP as a striker target. When he played for us before I wasn’t overly impressed tbh . Very hit and miss ( mostly miss). I haven’t followed his career since he’s left us , so had he improved considerably to be considered our potential primary striker?

I agree about him when he was with us but he did look a much better player in the two MK Dons games this season, especially the first. Maybe their system suits him better, and maybe ours now would do too. He also now has a bit more experience. I don't think he plays as an out-and out striker but I think he does get forward much more than Celina and Chaplin, and is a bit more physical, so if we signed him I assume it would be as a number 10, playing off a main striker.
[Post edited 9 May 2022 17:33]
Troy Parrott on 18:48 - May 9 with 1542 viewstractorboy1978

Troy Parrott on 15:20 - May 9 by Mediocre_Quick

Because he was so good the last time he was here...

To reiterate my point above, he was 18/19.

Fully believe he will end up a top end Championship striker at worst.
Troy Parrott on 19:06 - May 9 with 1490 viewsArnieM

Troy Parrott on 18:48 - May 9 by tractorboy1978

To reiterate my point above, he was 18/19.

Fully believe he will end up a top end Championship striker at worst.

What do you base this view/ prediction on ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Troy Parrott on 19:35 - May 9 with 1454 viewstractorboy1978

Troy Parrott on 19:06 - May 9 by ArnieM

What do you base this view/ prediction on ?

The fact he's just turned 20, has improved throughout his two loan spells, is highly regarded at Spurs and already in the Ireland squad (scoring a couple of goals for them).

What was Harry Kane doing at just turned 20? And no I am not suggesting he will be as good as Kane.

It's far more likely he will be playing at a club higher than us next season than lower than us!
Troy Parrott on 21:18 - May 9 with 1262 viewsRadlett_blue

Parrott has scored 10 goals in 72 senior games. While he's only 20, I think we need someone better than him. When he was at Town, he looked a decent player, but never a goalscorer.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024