Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Best Prime Ministers we never had" 11:20 - May 9 with 5936 viewsKeno

although it should really be after Nick Clegg who is the second best Prime Ministers we never had.

Just started reading this and I just wondered who y'all think would have made a good PM but never got the chance

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

"Best Prime Ministers we never had" on 11:22 - May 9 with 2640 viewsfooters

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

"Best Prime Ministers we never had" on 11:24 - May 9 with 2637 viewsSTYG

Corbyn. I won't be convinced otherwise.

For me the Tories hated him as well as the bad apples in Labour, who were partly on the gravy train that Corbyn would have stopped.

Albeit I didn't follow the controversies over anti-Semitism that closely to know whether there was any merit in them or whether the media were doing exactly what they are doing with Starmer now and curry-gate.

What I do know is that 40 years ago as a nobody, Corbyn was still speaking out for the under-privileged and championing a fairer society.

I don't think he'd have had all the answers, but I think he genuinely would have tried his best to get back to a minimum, basic standard of living and wellbeing for all, that should, in a country as well off as ours, be the bare minimum.

He'd have also properly taxed all these thieving, robbing, Tory corporations.
"Best Prime Ministers we never had" on 11:24 - May 9 with 2633 viewsSaleAway

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Smith_(Labour_Party_leader)

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

"Best Prime Ministers we never had" on 11:28 - May 9 with 2614 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Jeremy Corbyn of course - alas he unfortunately had to run against the universally loved Theresa May, and astoundingly competent Boris Johnson.
"Best Prime Ministers we never had" on 11:31 - May 9 with 2588 viewsKeno

"Best Prime Ministers we never had" on 11:24 - May 9 by SaleAway

actually he is a really good shout

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

"Best Prime Ministers we never had" on 11:33 - May 9 with 2574 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Father Dougal McGuire.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

"Best Prime Ministers we never had" on 11:37 - May 9 with 2558 viewsmutters

For those who were around in my lifetime i completely concur

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

"Best Prime Ministers we never had" on 11:50 - May 9 with 2513 viewsLord_Lucan

Red - Alan Johnson **

Blue - Michael Portillo

Orange - Paddy Pantsdown

** John Smith was good but possibly a bit like a dead singer who is remembered as slightly better than they were

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

"Best Prime Ministers we never had" on 11:57 - May 9 with 2483 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Ken Clarke

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

"Best Prime Ministers we never had" on 11:57 - May 9 with 2465 viewsblueasfook

If he hadnt passed away suddenly, I am sure he would have been PM - and a great PM at that. Instead, we got B. Liar

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

"Best Prime Ministers we never had" on 12:22 - May 9 with 2430 viewsRyorry

Absolute tragedy not only for him & his family, but also for the UK, that he died before he got the chance. We wouldn't have been in anything like the mess we are now if he'd lived on.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

"Best Prime Ministers we never had" on 12:22 - May 9 with 2428 viewsSouperJim

David Miliband

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

"Best Prime Ministers we never had" on 12:23 - May 9 with 2420 viewsBlueBadger

"Best Prime Ministers we never had" on 11:28 - May 9 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Jeremy Corbyn of course - alas he unfortunately had to run against the universally loved Theresa May, and astoundingly competent Boris Johnson.

Nice of you to turn this into a ten pager for Keno.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

"Best Prime Ministers we never had" on 12:25 - May 9 with 2415 viewsEwan_Oozami

"Best Prime Ministers we never had" on 12:23 - May 9 by BlueBadger

Nice of you to turn this into a ten pager for Keno.

He hasn't had one for a while - actually neither have I come to that - time to start a controversial thread I think

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

"Best Prime Ministers we never had" on 12:28 - May 9 with 2402 viewsIllinoisblue

Mick McCarthy.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

"Best Prime Ministers we never had" on 12:29 - May 9 with 2394 viewstractordownsouth

He never had a chance because he was in a minor party but I think Paddy Ashdown would have made a good PM.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

"Best Prime Ministers we never had" on 12:30 - May 9 with 2391 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

"Best Prime Ministers we never had" on 12:25 - May 9 by Ewan_Oozami

He hasn't had one for a while - actually neither have I come to that - time to start a controversial thread I think

“time to start a controversial thread I think”

Please don’t, it’s painful enough seeing Blueas’ teenage edgelord attempts!
"Best Prime Ministers we never had" on 12:34 - May 9 with 2380 viewsBlueBadger

"Best Prime Ministers we never had" on 11:24 - May 9 by STYG

Corbyn. I won't be convinced otherwise.

For me the Tories hated him as well as the bad apples in Labour, who were partly on the gravy train that Corbyn would have stopped.

Albeit I didn't follow the controversies over anti-Semitism that closely to know whether there was any merit in them or whether the media were doing exactly what they are doing with Starmer now and curry-gate.

What I do know is that 40 years ago as a nobody, Corbyn was still speaking out for the under-privileged and championing a fairer society.

I don't think he'd have had all the answers, but I think he genuinely would have tried his best to get back to a minimum, basic standard of living and wellbeing for all, that should, in a country as well off as ours, be the bare minimum.

He'd have also properly taxed all these thieving, robbing, Tory corporations.

We've already seen with Boris Johnson that indecisive pro-brexit racists with dodgy mates, a fondness for money from iffy regimes, a willingness to go soft on Russia and a chequered reputation for competence don't make good PMs.
[Post edited 9 May 2022 14:53]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

"Best Prime Ministers we never had" on 12:47 - May 9 with 2327 viewsDarth_Koont

"Best Prime Ministers we never had" on 12:34 - May 9 by BlueBadger

We've already seen with Boris Johnson that indecisive pro-brexit racists with dodgy mates, a fondness for money from iffy regimes, a willingness to go soft on Russia and a chequered reputation for competence don't make good PMs.

As Badger shows, it’s not just the media. People were queuing up – still are – to throw out the evidence-free smears and accusations. It was weaponized all across politics and the media.

They may look back on that period in a decade or two with shame and embarrassment when nobody serious is even pretending to believe it anymore.

Pronouns: He/Him

"Best Prime Ministers we never had" on 12:50 - May 9 with 2304 viewschicoazul

Nick Clegg was a terrible politician and is an all round bad person now working for demons who perfectly and personally summarises absolutely everything wrong with this country in a neat small badly coiffed package. Give me absolutely anyone else any day.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

"Best Prime Ministers we never had" on 12:51 - May 9 with 2312 viewsDarth_Koont

Agreed. I think Smith could have helped reverse the direction of travel that Blair unfortunately doubled down on.

After that Corbyn, because the change we now need is that much more urgent and critical.

Pronouns: He/Him

"Best Prime Ministers we never had" on 12:51 - May 9 with 2296 viewschicoazul

Also some of you people have demented political opinions.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

"Best Prime Ministers we never had" on 12:59 - May 9 with 2280 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

"Best Prime Ministers we never had" on 12:34 - May 9 by BlueBadger

Corbyn’s bigotry/enablement is fine because he’s “on the right team”. In the same way people gloss over Harry10’s bigotry against the religious, the overweight and the disabled - because he sticks it to Boris.
The UK would be a much much better place if he came back and led (n/t) on 13:01 - May 9 with 2248 viewsunstableblue

"Best Prime Ministers we never had" on 12:22 - May 9 by SouperJim

David Miliband

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

"Best Prime Ministers we never had" on 13:02 - May 9 with 2251 viewsBlueBadger

"Best Prime Ministers we never had" on 12:59 - May 9 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Corbyn’s bigotry/enablement is fine because he’s “on the right team”. In the same way people gloss over Harry10’s bigotry against the religious, the overweight and the disabled - because he sticks it to Boris.

Everybody knows Harry is Glassers' comedy account anyway.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024