Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So ridiculous 20:26 - May 9 with 4902 viewsreadtheleaguetable

Watching these play-off games with disbelief. Over the 4 matches, only the Dons have played football that can hold a candle to Town’s under McKenna, and they got bullied out. These two teams today have “not good enough for the Championship” written all over them. Next season we just have to add the cutting edge to the class we ooze, and get back where we belong.

Qu'est-ce que vous chantez? Nous chantons "Les Bleus, allez!"

So ridiculous on 20:58 - May 9 with 3059 viewsNthQldITFC

It's absolute gash, isn't it?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

So ridiculous on 21:51 - May 9 with 2871 viewsArnieM

Purest football rarely wins in league one. Town had better have an alternative gsme plan for next season to call upon in games that require it . This is why it’s so difficult to get out of it !!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

So ridiculous on 21:54 - May 9 with 2849 viewsMach_foreignBlue

'to the class we ooze' ?

What class do we ooze? We're a midtable League One club.

We are unable to win ugly and the beautiful passing football isn't good enough to get out of this league.
So ridiculous on 22:02 - May 9 with 2787 viewsWarkystache

So ridiculous on 21:54 - May 9 by Mach_foreignBlue

'to the class we ooze' ?

We are unable to win ugly and the beautiful passing football isn't good enough to get out of this league.

It was all clog though. Kick it in the air and battle for it against the CH's. Wednesday were god-awful. How'd we lose 1-0 away to that?

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

So ridiculous on 22:03 - May 9 with 2784 viewsChurchman

So ridiculous on 21:54 - May 9 by Mach_foreignBlue

'to the class we ooze' ?

Passing football is if you have an end product. Teams chasing the ball have to run a lot further and cannot score if you have it.

But you have to match the energy and intensity of the opposition. Do this and even on an off day you’ll have a chance of getting something from a game. It’s the old cliche of earning the right to play. From that with a better football team, you literally take limited teams like these apart.
So ridiculous on 22:07 - May 9 with 2734 viewsMach_foreignBlue

So ridiculous on 22:02 - May 9 by Warkystache

It was all clog though. Kick it in the air and battle for it against the CH's. Wednesday were god-awful. How'd we lose 1-0 away to that?

We didn't even have a shot on target during that 0-1 away defeat.
So ridiculous on 22:10 - May 9 with 2702 viewsWarkystache

So ridiculous on 22:07 - May 9 by Mach_foreignBlue

We didn't even have a shot on target during that 0-1 away defeat.

That's despicable. Perhaps it was me, but I couldn't believe how low on quality Wednesday were apart from Barry Bannan. It was all "win the ball then boot it high for the front two to lose it, rinse, repeat".

I hope we'll be a lot better faced with that next season

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

So ridiculous on 22:14 - May 9 with 2669 viewsMach_foreignBlue

So ridiculous on 22:10 - May 9 by Warkystache

That's despicable. Perhaps it was me, but I couldn't believe how low on quality Wednesday were apart from Barry Bannan. It was all "win the ball then boot it high for the front two to lose it, rinse, repeat".

I hope we'll be a lot better faced with that next season

We may have to duplicate these 'ugly' tactics as our 'nice, passing' football has been fruitless in the second half of the season. We have scored few goals.

And our set-pieces are arguably the worst in this league.
Login to get fewer ads

So ridiculous on 22:21 - May 9 with 2603 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

So ridiculous on 22:14 - May 9 by Mach_foreignBlue

We may have to duplicate these 'ugly' tactics as our 'nice, passing' football has been fruitless in the second half of the season. We have scored few goals.

As positive as ever I see Mach

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

So ridiculous on 22:22 - May 9 with 2616 viewsChurchman

So ridiculous on 22:14 - May 9 by Mach_foreignBlue

Set plays are a different issue to playing decent football. We didn’t score enough goals because the balance of the team wasn’t quite right and we didn’t have forwards who got in there like the SW or Sunderland lads did tonight. Goals scored says it all. As Joe Royle once said, you’re only as good as your forwards. He wasn’t wrong.

We don’t have to duplicate ugly tactics. We do have to duplicate keeping going for the whole game. How many late goals have Sunderland got and how many did we concede?
So ridiculous on 22:27 - May 9 with 2585 viewsMach_foreignBlue

So ridiculous on 22:22 - May 9 by Churchman

Set plays are a different issue to playing decent football. We didn’t score enough goals because the balance of the team wasn’t quite right and we didn’t have forwards who got in there like the SW or Sunderland lads did tonight. Goals scored says it all. As Joe Royle once said, you’re only as good as your forwards. He wasn’t wrong.

We don’t have to duplicate ugly tactics. We do have to duplicate keeping going for the whole game. How many late goals have Sunderland got and how many did we concede?

'How many late goals have Sunderland got and how many did we concede?'

Your above question is rhetorical.

And, yes WE HAVE to duplicate ugly tactics. Otherwise all Cheltenhams, Morecambes, Exeters will easily suss us out.......AGAIN
[Post edited 9 May 2022 22:34]
So ridiculous on 22:50 - May 9 with 2461 viewsWhos_blue

So ridiculous on 22:27 - May 9 by Mach_foreignBlue

And, yes WE HAVE to duplicate ugly tactics. Otherwise all Cheltenhams, Morecambes, Exeters will easily suss us out.......AGAIN

I'm not so sure.
Yes, we lost our way a little towards the end of the season, but whilst we were close at one point, the playoffs were just always out of our reach, following our excruciating start.
I'm confident with a pre season and a finisher we can do well. It's not like we were often outclassed. Even against Rotherham away we should have been 1 up, but Nors missed a great chance we should have put away.
I don't really understand why we'd want to "win ugly". Why not add some finish to our overall game, which is widely accepted as being generally good and aim to win with some class?

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

So ridiculous on 23:06 - May 9 with 2404 viewsSuperblue95

So ridiculous on 22:27 - May 9 by Mach_foreignBlue

It makes me laugh how someone who despised Mick and his ‘proper blokes’ as much as you is now crying out for us to take a leaf out of the books of a load of hoof and hope teams playing in a division below the one we did it in.

You just make it up as you go along for the sake of having something to whinge about or to try and look edgy.

Give it a rest.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

So ridiculous on 23:07 - May 9 with 2396 viewsMach_foreignBlue

So ridiculous on 22:50 - May 9 by Whos_blue

I'm not so sure.
Yes, we lost our way a little towards the end of the season, but whilst we were close at one point, the playoffs were just always out of our reach, following our excruciating start.
I'm confident with a pre season and a finisher we can do well. It's not like we were often outclassed. Even against Rotherham away we should have been 1 up, but Nors missed a great chance we should have put away.
I don't really understand why we'd want to "win ugly". Why not add some finish to our overall game, which is widely accepted as being generally good and aim to win with some class?

'I don't really understand why we'd want to "win ugly" '

See how many points we have dropped against so called 'small teams'.
So ridiculous on 23:11 - May 9 with 2373 viewsMach_foreignBlue

So ridiculous on 23:06 - May 9 by Superblue95

It makes me laugh how someone who despised Mick and his ‘proper blokes’ as much as you is now crying out for us to take a leaf out of the books of a load of hoof and hope teams playing in a division below the one we did it in.

You just make it up as you go along for the sake of having something to whinge about or to try and look edgy.

Give it a rest.

These 'proper blokes' took us down without a fight and carried a nice, comfy life afterwards without any pressure. They had been leeching off the the club whilst you were enchanted by their 'nice words' in the interviews so sit quiet.
[Post edited 10 May 2022 0:19]
So ridiculous on 23:13 - May 9 with 2363 viewsjeera

So ridiculous on 23:11 - May 9 by Mach_foreignBlue

These 'proper blokes' took us down without a fight and carried a nice, comfy life afterwards without any pressure. They had been leeching off the the club whilst you were enchanted by their 'nice words' in the interviews so sit quiet.

You haven't read his post properly.

He wasn't defending them, he was pointing out you can't make up your mind what you want.

And please consider your reply before you give me a load of abuse.

People are generally tired of it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So ridiculous on 23:15 - May 9 with 2352 viewsMach_foreignBlue

So ridiculous on 23:13 - May 9 by jeera

You haven't read his post properly.

He wasn't defending them, he was pointing out you can't make up your mind what you want.

And please consider your reply before you give me a load of abuse.

People are generally tired of it.

This one coming from you
So ridiculous on 23:17 - May 9 with 2346 viewsjeera

So ridiculous on 23:15 - May 9 by Mach_foreignBlue

This one coming from you

That doesn't even make sense.

I was rude to you around 12 years ago. And you deserved it.

Let it go.

Don't try to pretend everyone else employs your aggressive style. They don't.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So ridiculous on 23:17 - May 9 with 2344 viewsSuperblue95

So ridiculous on 23:11 - May 9 by Mach_foreignBlue

Well you read two words of my post at least. More than I expected from you to be fair.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

So ridiculous on 23:24 - May 9 with 2311 viewsMach_foreignBlue

So ridiculous on 23:17 - May 9 by jeera

That doesn't even make sense.

I was rude to you around 12 years ago. And you deserved it.

Let it go.

Don't try to pretend everyone else employs your aggressive style. They don't.

jeera an internet toughie part 997 543

All you have been doing for years is insulting people from behind of your screen. And lecturing them. Try to lecture people in face.

Equally I am tired of the opinions of others. But I have to deal with it as this is all about the opinions. If you can't stand mine then you are free to put me on ignore. But don't lecture me. And stop barking online as any online toughie like you is capable of doing it. You don't impress me by your barking on here.
So ridiculous on 23:26 - May 9 with 2303 viewsMach_foreignBlue

So ridiculous on 23:17 - May 9 by Superblue95

Well you read two words of my post at least. More than I expected from you to be fair.

Listen I know that you venerate the certain 'proper blokes' but it doesn't change the fact that they are one the main reasons of where we are at the moment. I know that this opinion doesn't suit yours but there we go....it's all about the opinions.
So ridiculous on 01:00 - May 10 with 2144 viewswkj

So ridiculous on 23:24 - May 9 by Mach_foreignBlue

jeera an internet toughie part 997 543

All you have been doing for years is insulting people from behind of your screen. And lecturing them. Try to lecture people in face.

Equally I am tired of the opinions of others. But I have to deal with it as this is all about the opinions. If you can't stand mine then you are free to put me on ignore. But don't lecture me. And stop barking online as any online toughie like you is capable of doing it. You don't impress me by your barking on here.

Do you wanna fight?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

So ridiculous on 06:41 - May 10 with 1919 viewsArnieM

So ridiculous on 22:21 - May 9 by The_Romford_Blue

As positive as ever I see Mach

But he’s not wrong is he !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

So ridiculous on 06:52 - May 10 with 1890 viewsBlueBadger

So ridiculous on 21:51 - May 9 by ArnieM

Purest football rarely wins in league one. Town had better have an alternative gsme plan for next season to call upon in games that require it . This is why it’s so difficult to get out of it !!

If it was *that* hard, Rotherham wouldn't manage it every other season. All it needs is halfway competent management and players.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So ridiculous on 07:36 - May 10 with 1763 viewsChurchman

So ridiculous on 06:52 - May 10 by BlueBadger

If it was *that* hard, Rotherham wouldn't manage it every other season. All it needs is halfway competent management and players.

Wigan went from the bottom of the division to winning it with ease in not much more than a year. You are right, BB. A halfway competent management and players is all it takes. If you look at the play off games, it’s fair to say the teams are basically rubbish. But they are organised, committed, have one or two decent players and everyone knows their job.

Yes, you can brutalise your way out of L1, but you’ll soon find your way back down again as that won’t work in the Championship. If KMs way succeeds in this division, I believe it’ll work even better in the Championship in a similar way that Burley’s style fitted the PL so well - until the team began to fall apart.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024