Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I so hope Durham police do not give Starmer a fine.. and then we can SHOVE that 22:09 - May 9 with 1618 viewsunstableblue

... resignation offer and their BOLLOX story so far up the Daily Mail's frickin arse they might for once stop talking out of it.

That rag has so much to answer for - a vile publication that feeds hate and mistrust, and has fundamentally damaged this country.

Worse than The Sun.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I so hope Durham police do not give Starmer a fine.. and then we can SHOVE that on 23:31 - May 9 with 1461 viewsunstableblue

Although I would add that Starmer’s case and subsequent statements have veered a little close to dodgy.

But of course nothing like the Johnson sphere of crapulous behaviour

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I so hope Durham police do not give Starmer a fine.. and then we can SHOVE that on 15:02 - May 10 with 1160 viewsronnyd

Hasn't it been stated that Durham police don't do retrospective fines so Starmer is on pretty safe grounds? Doubt it would make any difference to Johnsons take anyway.
He'll have to be pushed.
I so hope Durham police do not give Starmer a fine.. and then we can SHOVE that on 16:01 - May 10 with 1086 viewsitfcjoe

I so hope Durham police do not give Starmer a fine.. and then we can SHOVE that on 15:02 - May 10 by ronnyd

Hasn't it been stated that Durham police don't do retrospective fines so Starmer is on pretty safe grounds? Doubt it would make any difference to Johnsons take anyway.
He'll have to be pushed.

Durham police had shut the investigation down until it was on the front page of the Daily Mail for 12 days (don't they know there is a war going on.....)

The Sun, The Mail, The Telegraph and The Express are just Tory papers - Starmer can't pander to them one bit.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I so hope Durham police do not give Starmer a fine.. and then we can SHOVE that on 17:27 - May 10 with 1007 viewsSwansea_Blue

I so hope Durham police do not give Starmer a fine.. and then we can SHOVE that on 15:02 - May 10 by ronnyd

He'll have to be pushed.

Durham Police themselves also said they wouldn't reinvestigate, and now they seemingly are. So I wouldn't ready too much into what they normally do or don't do or what they've said. It could easily change.

Yes I suspect you're right that it wouldn't make any difference to Johnson either way.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I so hope Durham police do not give Starmer a fine.. and then we can SHOVE that on 17:34 - May 10 with 996 viewsOldsmoker

I so hope Durham police do not give Starmer a fine.. and then we can SHOVE that on 17:27 - May 10 by Swansea_Blue

Durham Police themselves also said they wouldn't reinvestigate, and now they seemingly are. So I wouldn't ready too much into what they normally do or don't do or what they've said. It could easily change.

Yes I suspect you're right that it wouldn't make any difference to Johnson either way.

There's a Tory politician who posted on Twitter that he thinks that for consistency sake the MET should investigate Beergate. The twitteratti has explained to him the concept of Police forces and the areas that they are reponsible for.

https://www.indy100.com/politics/andrew-bridgen-met-police-beergate

I posted this on another thread

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/may/10/damned-when-you-do-why-starmer-

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

I so hope Durham police do not give Starmer a fine.. and then we can SHOVE that on 17:57 - May 10 with 960 viewsjeera

I so hope Durham police do not give Starmer a fine.. and then we can SHOVE that on 17:34 - May 10 by Oldsmoker

There's a Tory politician who posted on Twitter that he thinks that for consistency sake the MET should investigate Beergate. The twitteratti has explained to him the concept of Police forces and the areas that they are reponsible for.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/may/10/damned-when-you-do-why-starmer-

"One person replied: “Durham is in Durham, you absolute casserole.”"

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I so hope Durham police do not give Starmer a fine.. and then we can SHOVE that on 18:00 - May 10 with 956 viewsOldsmoker

I so hope Durham police do not give Starmer a fine.. and then we can SHOVE that on 17:57 - May 10 by jeera

I think that person misspelled a*sehole.

I so hope Durham police do not give Starmer a fine.. and then we can SHOVE that on 18:00 - May 10 with 952 viewsjeera

I so hope Durham police do not give Starmer a fine.. and then we can SHOVE that on 18:00 - May 10 by Oldsmoker

I think that person misspelled a*sehole.

It made me smile.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

I so hope Durham police do not give Starmer a fine.. and then we can SHOVE that on 18:07 - May 10 with 934 viewsSwansea_Blue

I so hope Durham police do not give Starmer a fine.. and then we can SHOVE that on 17:34 - May 10 by Oldsmoker

"For consistency"

Edit - the Mail is just laughable. Their front pages (and all the others inside) bear no relation to reality. It's in no way subtle, but I assume they know their readers don't care. As long as they can be outraged it doesn't matter whether it's true or not.

They've gone really hard after Starmer for this (seemingly non breach of rules) - it's quite some sustained smear. I'm not sure if it's because they're worried that Labour are making inroads into the Tories or if it's more to do with Labour saying they'd tighten up on non-doms and that's a step too far for Lord Rothermere. Take your pick.
[Post edited 10 May 2022 18:14]

I so hope Durham police do not give Starmer a fine.. and then we can SHOVE that on 18:19 - May 10 with 916 viewsSwansea_Blue

I so hope Durham police do not give Starmer a fine.. and then we can SHOVE that on 17:57 - May 10 by jeera

"absolute casserole" and apparent perjurer. It's normally several years in prison for lying under oath to the courts, but seemingly Tory MPs and Ministers are only very rarely held accountable.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/local-news/leicestershire-mp-lied-court-

We all deserve better than this lot.

I so hope Durham police do not give Starmer a fine.. and then we can SHOVE that on 18:22 - May 10 with 907 viewsOldsmoker

I so hope Durham police do not give Starmer a fine.. and then we can SHOVE that on 18:07 - May 10 by Swansea_Blue

"For consistency"

Edit - the Mail is just laughable. Their front pages (and all the others inside) bear no relation to reality. It's in no way subtle, but I assume they know their readers don't care. As long as they can be outraged it doesn't matter whether it's true or not.

They've gone really hard after Starmer for this (seemingly non breach of rules) - it's quite some sustained smear. I'm not sure if it's because they're worried that Labour are making inroads into the Tories or if it's more to do with Labour saying they'd tighten up on non-doms and that's a step too far for Lord Rothermere. Take your pick.
[Post edited 10 May 2022 18:14]

It's the MO of the right-wing press.
Your guys a 5 so pull the opposition guy down to a 4.
It will never change 'cos we end up with sh*te MP's.

I so hope Durham police do not give Starmer a fine.. and then we can SHOVE that on 18:40 - May 10 with 889 viewsDarth_Koont

“You absolute casserole” is going into the memory bank.

Love it!

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024