Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looking forward to Talkingtown tonight 18:16 - May 10 with 2703 viewsFrimleyBlue

Interview with Ashton.

Possibly not much to find out that we don't know of but even a few updates on things is nice to hear about.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Looking forward to Talkingtown tonight on 18:38 - May 10 with 2623 viewsVeggie

I’m surprised he’s gone on TT to be honest.
Looking forward to Talkingtown tonight on 18:58 - May 10 with 2558 viewsFixed_It

Looking forward to Talkingtown tonight on 18:38 - May 10 by Veggie

I don't see why not. They are a popular ITFC podcast. There are better, in my opinion, but I don't expect him to be a podcast connoisseur and if he wants to connect with fans that is one route to achieve that.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Looking forward to Talkingtown tonight on 19:21 - May 10 with 2446 viewsSheffordBlue

Looking forward to Talkingtown tonight on 18:38 - May 10 by Veggie

He's done Kings of Anglia and Blue Monday already. Different podcasts, different questions, different audiences. I think it's good that he's engaging with all of them.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Looking forward to Talkingtown tonight on 19:26 - May 10 with 2432 viewsChrisd

Looking forward to Talkingtown tonight on 19:21 - May 10 by SheffordBlue

He's done Kings of Anglia and Blue Monday already. Different podcasts, different questions, different audiences. I think it's good that he's engaging with all of them.

Exactly. All those podcasts offer something contrasting, but the one thing they all have in common is they are all pulling in the same direction for our club, but they are just doing it in different ways.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Looking forward to Talkingtown tonight on 19:32 - May 10 with 2403 viewsfooters

Looking forward to Talkingtown tonight on 19:26 - May 10 by Chrisd

Exactly. All those podcasts offer something contrasting, but the one thing they all have in common is they are all pulling in the same direction for our club, but they are just doing it in different ways.

Except that Talking Town is seemingly run by a bunch of self-promotionalist jebends who spend half their time slating every other Town podcast or outlet and creating drama for the sake of it.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Looking forward to Talkingtown tonight on 19:52 - May 10 with 2302 viewsVeggie

Looking forward to Talkingtown tonight on 19:32 - May 10 by footers

Except that Talking Town is seemingly run by a bunch of self-promotionalist jebends who spend half their time slating every other Town podcast or outlet and creating drama for the sake of it.

Yeah this was kind of my take on it. The other two podcasts are respectful and respectable. TT really isn’t. It appears to be set up for the benefit of the rather puerile participants rather than in the interests of meaningful information and discussion regarding ITFC. Each to their own, but I’m sure they’ll be the first to turn on Mr Ashton if things begin to go a little bit wrong.
Looking forward to Talkingtown tonight on 20:02 - May 10 with 2271 viewsChrisd

What I find funny, is that might be the case, but if there’s a thread on here mentioning TT that gets the most coverage.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Looking forward to Talkingtown tonight on 20:16 - May 10 with 2226 views66notout

Sounds as if they and Ashton should get along just fine.
Login to get fewer ads

Looking forward to Talkingtown tonight on 20:22 - May 10 with 2193 viewsFrimleyBlue

For those not watching.

Stuart cox as mentioned confirmed as our new venue director and a new marketing director hired but not announced as currently with a club.

Waka waka eh eh

Looking forward to Talkingtown tonight on 21:41 - May 10 with 1884 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looking forward to Talkingtown tonight on 18:58 - May 10 by Fixed_It

I don't see why not. They are a popular ITFC podcast. There are better, in my opinion, but I don't expect him to be a podcast connoisseur and if he wants to connect with fans that is one route to achieve that.

Talking Town is very much the tabloid of the Ipswich podcasts. They have their audience and it seems logical for Ashton to reach out to all demographics of Town fans.

I listen in the car rather than watch and tbh I would say Blue Monday is the best from a fan run point of view with Kings of Anglia putting forward the perspective from the print media.

All three have their place. The Talking Town interview with Craig Forrest a few months ago remains absolutely essential listening. So good luck to all of them.

That Ashton has spoken to all three is in stark contrast to how Phil was treated under Evans and TWTD dismissed as an irrelevant nuisance.
[Post edited 10 May 2022 21:43]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Looking forward to Talkingtown tonight on 00:22 - May 11 with 1498 viewsStenvict

Looking forward to Talkingtown tonight on 20:22 - May 10 by FrimleyBlue

For those not watching.

Stuart cox as mentioned confirmed as our new venue director and a new marketing director hired but not announced as currently with a club.

What are your thoughts on Ashton saying watching games on ifollow doesn't give you a true reflection of what has happened in the game?

Poll: What will be announced first?

Looking forward to Talkingtown tonight on 07:27 - May 11 with 1252 viewsFrimleyBlue

Looking forward to Talkingtown tonight on 00:22 - May 11 by Stenvict

What are your thoughts on Ashton saying watching games on ifollow doesn't give you a true reflection of what has happened in the game?

Morning :)

He was accurate with what's been said by most of here, that sometimes the atmosphere doesn't come across as well, which has always been the case and also as has been said there are some areas you don't see due to the 1 camera angle. What doesn't differ tho is the goals scored and goals against and the end result. So nothing really new in what he was saying that hasn't been said on here before.

What did you make of the interview? I know some of it can come across quite salesy and I think he knows that, but for me you can see the difference when he says they work night and day compared to evans who thought about itfc when he was having his breakfast and then forgotten about when he'd finished.

Waka waka eh eh

Looking forward to Talkingtown tonight on 07:52 - May 11 with 1174 viewsSitfcB

Looking forward to Talkingtown tonight on 00:22 - May 11 by Stenvict

Didn’t Marcus Evans get some stick for saying that?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Looking forward to Talkingtown tonight on 07:58 - May 11 with 1166 viewstextbackup

whilst i've certainly taken the piss out of TT in the past, have they acted in this manner of late?

from memory there has been no drama for ages, and seems they might have moved on from all that?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Looking forward to Talkingtown tonight on 08:04 - May 11 with 1140 viewsfooters

Looking forward to Talkingtown tonight on 07:58 - May 11 by textbackup

whilst i've certainly taken the piss out of TT in the past, have they acted in this manner of late?

from memory there has been no drama for ages, and seems they might have moved on from all that?

Honestly, I've not been keeping up with what they do.

All I know is their disdain for TWTD, even after having Phil on as a contributor, and the others pods all seem to keep their noses clean from all that. Much more professional outfits.

And the whole 'it's your channel too' thing while asking people to pay a fiver a month to ask questions or pushing people to buy their sh1t merchandise seems a bit tacky to me.

Anyway, good luck to Bedsheet and the rest of the gang.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Looking forward to Talkingtown tonight on 08:34 - May 11 with 1030 viewsdavblue

Looking forward to Talkingtown tonight on 07:58 - May 11 by textbackup

that does seem to have calmed down a lot but it's always there ready to come out from under the bed. Hopefully it doesn't as they make themselves look very silly at times.

I do listen to the interview pods and the like but i can't handle the usual one with their fans it's not for me.
Looking forward to Talkingtown tonight on 09:48 - May 11 with 878 viewsArnieM

Is there a link to this interview anywhere plz?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Looking forward to Talkingtown tonight on 10:09 - May 11 with 835 viewsBluemist

I really do not see the need to name call people who are passionate about our club. While I do not always agree with opinions on the show it does offer a wider view and to a wider audience, allowing many who do not hide behind an avatar to put their face out there and have a voice. As for TWTD, my understanding is it is the forum and certain forum members they had the issues with and how they conduct themselves, not the site itself.
I also enjoy “blue monday” and “kings of anglia”
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024