Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Songs that were on the “wrong album” 08:20 - May 11 with 1447 viewsGlasgowBlue

Almost Blue by Elvis Costello. Was on the album Imperial Bedroom and not the album Almost Blue.

Waiting For The Sun by the Doors. Was on the Album Morrison Hotel and not the album Waiting For The Sun.

Any more?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Songs that were on the “wrong album” on 08:25 - May 11 with 1422 viewsmarchy

That's a great question! "Safe As Milk" by Captain Beefheart was on "Strictly Personal" and not "Safe As Milk". "Houses Of The Holy" by Led Zep was on "Physical Graffiti" and not "Houses Of The Holy".
[Post edited 11 May 2022 8:30]
Songs that were on the “wrong album” on 08:27 - May 11 with 1413 viewsmarchy

Songs that were on the “wrong album” on 08:25 - May 11 by marchy

That's a great question! "Safe As Milk" by Captain Beefheart was on "Strictly Personal" and not "Safe As Milk". "Houses Of The Holy" by Led Zep was on "Physical Graffiti" and not "Houses Of The Holy".
[Post edited 11 May 2022 8:30]

And just remembered the other one I was thinking of. "Bring It On" by Gomez was on "Liquid Skin" and not "Bring It On". And now I need to go and listen to both.
Songs that were on the “wrong album” on 09:38 - May 11 with 1351 viewsSharkey

The song 'Born Sandy Devotional' by the Triffids was on 'In the Pines', not on 'Born Sandy Devotional´.
Songs that were on the “wrong album” on 10:48 - May 11 with 1310 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sheer Heart attack by Queen was in News of the World and not Sheer Heart Attack.

Iron Lion Zion

Songs that were on the “wrong album” on 10:50 - May 11 with 1312 viewsPhilTWTD

World Shut Your Mouth by Julian Cope is on the album Saint Julian not the album World Shut Your Mouth.
Songs that were on the “wrong album” on 10:56 - May 11 with 1277 viewsParisBlue

Songs that were on the “wrong album” on 09:38 - May 11 by Sharkey

The song 'Born Sandy Devotional' by the Triffids was on 'In the Pines', not on 'Born Sandy Devotional´.

The Triffids were a great band. RIP David McComb

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Songs that were on the “wrong album” on 11:10 - May 11 with 1261 viewsmarchy

I knew there was a Beck one somewhere... "One Foot In The Grave" is on "Stereopathetic Soulmanure" but not on "One Foot In The Grave".
Songs that were on the “wrong album” on 11:11 - May 11 with 1262 viewsthecheek

"The very best of Neil Diamond" by the Super Furry Animals was on their album "Dark Days Light Years" not "The very best of Neil Diamond" by Neil Diamond

Login to get fewer ads

Songs that were on the “wrong album” on 11:33 - May 11 with 1236 viewsPhilTWTD

Songs that were on the “wrong album” on 11:11 - May 11 by thecheek

"The very best of Neil Diamond" by the Super Furry Animals was on their album "Dark Days Light Years" not "The very best of Neil Diamond" by Neil Diamond

Phil Ochs' Greatest Hits is similarly not his greatest hits, as he didn't really have any, it was an ironic joke on his lack of commercial success.

An ex-girlfriend once bought me the album knowing I liked Phil Ochs and said she wasn't sure what to buy but thought "you can't go wrong with a greatest hits album, can you?"

Songs that were on the “wrong album” on 11:43 - May 11 with 1187 viewsGlasgowBlue

Songs that were on the “wrong album” on 10:50 - May 11 by PhilTWTD

World Shut Your Mouth by Julian Cope is on the album Saint Julian not the album World Shut Your Mouth.

Good shout.

Houses of the Holy by Led Zep wasn't on Houses of the Holy, but without googling IU can't remember which one it was on.

Iron Lion Zion

Songs that were on the “wrong album” on 11:53 - May 11 with 1163 viewsmarchy

Songs that were on the “wrong album” on 11:43 - May 11 by GlasgowBlue

Good shout.

Houses of the Holy by Led Zep wasn't on Houses of the Holy, but without googling IU can't remember which one it was on.

Songs that were on the “wrong album” by marchy 11 May 2022 8:25

Songs that were on the “wrong album” on 12:26 - May 11 with 1124 viewsCrock

Scorching Beauty by Iron Butterfly. Was on Sun and Steel not Scorching Beauty.

Poll: Favourite number?

Songs that were on the “wrong album” on 12:47 - May 11 with 1096 viewsGlasgowBlue

Songs that were on the “wrong album” on 11:53 - May 11 by marchy

Songs that were on the “wrong album” by marchy 11 May 2022 8:25

Sorry mate. I read the Safe as Milk sentence and example and completely missed Houses of Holy.

Iron Lion Zion

Songs that were on the “wrong album” on 12:51 - May 11 with 1092 viewsmarchy

Songs that were on the “wrong album” on 12:47 - May 11 by GlasgowBlue

Sorry mate. I read the Safe as Milk sentence and example and completely missed Houses of Holy.

Haha, pre-edit it had come out as "Hoists Of The Holy" thanks to predictive anyway!

While I'm at it: Neil Young, "Journey Through The Past" made it onto "Time Fades Away" but wasn't on "Journey Through The Past". Enjoying this question!
Songs that were on the “wrong album” on 13:44 - May 11 with 1046 viewsGlasgowBlue

Songs that were on the “wrong album” on 12:51 - May 11 by marchy

Haha, pre-edit it had come out as "Hoists Of The Holy" thanks to predictive anyway!

While I'm at it: Neil Young, "Journey Through The Past" made it onto "Time Fades Away" but wasn't on "Journey Through The Past". Enjoying this question!

Elvis Costello is a serial offender.

Imperial Bedroom wasn’t on Imperial Bedroom. I hunk it was on Out of Our Idiot.

Iron Lion Zion

Songs that were on the “wrong album” on 14:26 - May 11 with 1018 viewsWhos_blue

Homegrown by Dodgy was a bonus track on the vinyl version of Free Peace Sweet and didn't feature on the Homegrown album.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Songs that were on the “wrong album” on 14:33 - May 11 with 998 viewsGlasgowBlue

Songs that were on the “wrong album” on 14:26 - May 11 by Whos_blue

Homegrown by Dodgy was a bonus track on the vinyl version of Free Peace Sweet and didn't feature on the Homegrown album.

Here's one for you.

The Who had an album Face Dances which did not contain a song called Face Dances. But Pete Townsend released a song called Face Dances (Part 2) on his solo album All the Best Cowboys Have Chinese Eyes.

Iron Lion Zion

Songs that were on the “wrong album” on 14:36 - May 11 with 990 viewsAinsleyBlue

Jason Falkner's magnificent 'Author Unknown' was on his Can You Still Feel album rather than his preceding album, Jason Falkner Presents Author Unknown.

Good idea for a thread and some fine suggestions so far.

Songs that were on the “wrong album” on 15:28 - May 11 with 965 viewsWhos_blue

Songs that were on the “wrong album” on 14:33 - May 11 by GlasgowBlue

Here's one for you.

The Who had an album Face Dances which did not contain a song called Face Dances. But Pete Townsend released a song called Face Dances (Part 2) on his solo album All the Best Cowboys Have Chinese Eyes.

You are indeed correct!

In addition, The Who demoed a track called Empty Glass during the 1978 Who are you? sessions. The last to feature Keith Moon.
The track never made the cut for WAY, but did become the title for Pete Townshend's 1980 solo album.
Empty Glass is a cracking album and well worth a listen.

Songs that were on the “wrong album” on 16:32 - May 11 with 937 viewsGrandpa

Any half decent classic rock song that appeared on any of those Now That's What I Call... albums, especially as they would have appeared among some dreadful shizznizzle
Songs that were on the “wrong album” on 16:41 - May 11 with 892 viewsPhilTWTD

Songs that were on the “wrong album” on 15:28 - May 11 by Whos_blue

You are indeed correct!

In addition, The Who demoed a track called Empty Glass during the 1978 Who are you? sessions. The last to feature Keith Moon.
The track never made the cut for WAY, but did become the title for Pete Townshend's 1980 solo album.
Empty Glass is a cracking album and well worth a listen.

Not a Who expert by any means but The Kids Are Alright is on the album My Generation but not on the soundtrack album The Kids Are Alright.
Songs that were on the “wrong album” on 19:45 - May 11 with 807 viewsmellowblue

Songs that were on the “wrong album” on 16:41 - May 11 by PhilTWTD

Not a Who expert by any means but The Kids Are Alright is on the album My Generation but not on the soundtrack album The Kids Are Alright.

Another couple
Def Leppard song " On Through the Night" appeared on High ' n Dry rather than the preceding album "On Through The Night"
AC/DC song "If You Want Blood You've Got It" was released on " Highway to Hell" then they used the same name for the live album "If You Want Blood You've Got It" released about the same time. Not quite the same but still odd.
Songs that were on the “wrong album” on 22:43 - May 11 with 749 viewsWhos_blue

Songs that were on the “wrong album” on 16:41 - May 11 by PhilTWTD

Now THAT is great rock film.
Pure unadulterated Moon era Who at their absolute best.
Few better.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024