Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have we ever had a TWTD version? Messi or Ronaldo? 10:12 - May 11 with 924 viewsSTYG

Ronaldo for me as the greatest.

Would rather watch Messi, but for me Ronaldo is now the best.

Messi has been incredibly at one club in one league that happened to be the best club in the world for a large part of his stay. Ronaldo has done similar numbers in England, Spain and Italy.

Now at 34-35 or whatever they are, Messi has scored four all season in France, in a team that wins the league by a mile whilst Ronaldo is still banging in hat-tricks despite less playing time in the hardest league in the world. The way I see it, that ends the debate now.

Plus Ronaldo for Portugal is a different beast to Messi for Argentina. Both incredible players, two best I have seen and it doesn't matter who is actually better, but always interested to see peoples reasoning for why one is greater than the other.
Have we ever had a TWTD version? Messi or Ronaldo? on 10:14 - May 11 with 902 viewstextbackup

i may have missed a name change..... but are you frimley?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Have we ever had a TWTD version? Messi or Ronaldo? on 10:24 - May 11 with 868 viewsSwansea_Blue

Of course, did you miss the TWTD argument of who's the ITFC GOAT - Ingimarsson or Fish?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Have we ever had a TWTD version? Messi or Ronaldo? on 10:26 - May 11 with 870 viewsFtnfwest

It's been reduced to a bit of a F1 type fan boy and girl argument for some reason in the last few years but basically Messi is the greater natural talent and Ronaldo i would agree the best all round footballer as he makes up the talent gap with sheers hard work and all round ability/will to win. But they're both brilliant.
Have we ever had a TWTD version? Messi or Ronaldo? on 10:31 - May 11 with 854 viewsWeirdFishes

Based on the last season, I’d currently rather have Ronaldo in my team.

But in terms of their entire careers and and their peaks, for me it’s without doubt Messi.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Have we ever had a TWTD version? Messi or Ronaldo? on 10:35 - May 11 with 845 viewswkj

Have we ever had a TWTD version? Messi or Ronaldo? on 10:24 - May 11 by Swansea_Blue

Of course, did you miss the TWTD argument of who's the ITFC GOAT - Ingimarsson or Fish?

Or the Best of all time (BOAT)

Between Mariner, Fish and Oar

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Have we ever had a TWTD version? Messi or Ronaldo? on 10:51 - May 11 with 804 viewsElephantintheRoom

You could argue that Man City were rather lucky to miss out on both of them as both have made their current employers considerably worse at vast expense.

Both have largely shot their bolts now and both were pretty good at what they did. One the supreme team player - the other the supreme individual. Probably the best ever as they set a standard for so many years in an era of mass media coverage

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Have we ever had a TWTD version? Messi or Ronaldo? on 10:58 - May 11 with 787 viewsSwansea_Blue

Have we ever had a TWTD version? Messi or Ronaldo? on 10:35 - May 11 by wkj

Or the Best of all time (BOAT)

Between Mariner, Fish and Oar

What a load of rowlocks!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Have we ever had a TWTD version? Messi or Ronaldo? on 11:47 - May 11 with 759 viewsBlueBadger

Fat Ronaldo>Falling Over Ronaldo.

Not my opinion, that of Sir Bobby.
[Post edited 11 May 2022 13:49]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Have we ever had a TWTD version? Messi or Ronaldo? on 12:14 - May 11 with 719 viewsHipsterectomy

The TWTD version is Counago vs Kuqi

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Have we ever had a TWTD version? Messi or Ronaldo? on 12:38 - May 11 with 687 viewsIllinoisblue

Have we ever had a TWTD version? Messi or Ronaldo? on 12:14 - May 11 by Hipsterectomy

The TWTD version is Counago vs Kuqi

The original was Scowcroft v Mathie

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Have we ever had a TWTD version? Messi or Ronaldo? on 12:50 - May 11 with 669 viewsSamWhiteUK

Not sure I understand the title. Do you mean have we ever had a thread to go over this argument that's been done to death 1000 times already? I'd rather we didn't, personally, but here we are.
Have we ever had a TWTD version? Messi or Ronaldo? on 14:28 - May 11 with 589 viewsMediocre_Quick

Finidi Georges, debate settled
Have we ever had a TWTD version? Messi or Ronaldo? on 14:43 - May 11 with 567 viewsChurchman

Nathan (‘the duke’) Ellington v Sylvan Ebanks-Blake. Probably should be decided by the proprietors of KFC and McDonalds. Mind you, maybe it was something in the air because Chris Wood on loan here didn’t look like he’d missed many dinners.

Messi will always get my vote. Ok, only seen him on tv, but he looked the complete footballer. Loathsome Ronaldo is a very close second, but neither were better than the incomparable George Best. I was lucky enough to see him play a few times too. Genius.
Have we ever had a TWTD version? Messi or Ronaldo? on 17:08 - May 11 with 501 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

The answer is Messi and its not even close..

That nonsense about international performance, i don't know where it comes from. Both have won one major trophy with their country, though ironically Ronaldo didn't even play in the final when Portugal won it. Messi has won a Copa America, he also single handedly dragged Argentina to the 2014 world cup final, he won player of the tournament that year with an awful argentina team.

Last time i checked the stats Messi was statiscally a better goal scorer, much better dribbler, much better passer.

Watch both of them at their peak. Its Messi by miles.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Have we ever had a TWTD version? Messi or Ronaldo? on 18:15 - May 11 with 473 viewsMullet

Ronaldo is a bell.

Messi all the way.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024