Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A million families to be destitute 11:31 - May 11 with 2228 viewsgtsb1966

according to the BBC. Destitution in this country means living on less than £140 a week. I'm assuming that means after paying mortgage or rent. How the hell can you live off that. A single person couldn't live off that let alone a family. This country has gone to the dogs.
A million families to be destitute on 11:45 - May 11 with 1781 viewscressi

I know a chap got a one bed council place as had to down size after his mother died bedroom tax and all that. In his pocket he gets 75 pounds a week for food, utility bills
Can't afford a car so if a job comes up its got to be local almost 60 yrs
So struggles with the modern world
I mean everything online
This country is bo**oxed
To be honest lots of crap jobs horrible hours for poor money in a world where prices are going through the roof
A million families to be destitute on 11:47 - May 11 with 1758 viewsfooters

Yes, but it's all relative poverty, they don't know how to budget properly, should take second jobs and all have the latest Sky package etc.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

A million families to be destitute on 11:48 - May 11 with 1753 viewsnoggin

A million families to be destitute on 11:45 - May 11 by cressi

I know a chap got a one bed council place as had to down size after his mother died bedroom tax and all that. In his pocket he gets 75 pounds a week for food, utility bills
I mean everything online
This country is bo**oxed
To be honest lots of crap jobs horrible hours for poor money in a world where prices are going through the roof

But still the people blame immigrants and trust the government to control the bloody borders.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

A million families to be destitute on 11:55 - May 11 with 1724 viewscressi

A million families to be destitute on 11:47 - May 11 by footers

Yes, but it's all relative poverty, they don't know how to budget properly, should take second jobs and all have the latest Sky package etc.

Not all me personally not that any party are a lot of good at mo
Would never vote for Tory Sc*m
I never have and would not if I won the euro millions
A million families to be destitute on 12:01 - May 11 with 1687 viewsJ2BLUE

A million families to be destitute on 11:45 - May 11 by cressi

I mean everything online
This country is bo**oxed

We need UBI funded by taxing businesses and corporations who take the piss a decent amount.

There's zero need for the likes of Amazon to pay their staff peanuts to make mega profits.

They have refused to share the wealth that modern technology has helped create. Time to force them.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

A million families to be destitute on 12:17 - May 11 with 1645 viewsusm

A million families to be destitute on 11:55 - May 11 by cressi

Not all me personally not that any party are a lot of good at mo
Would never vote for Tory Sc*m
I never have and would not if I won the euro millions

Never say never and calling anyone/organisation sc*m is pretty poor.
We live in a democracy so you should vote (or not) for whoever you feel is right for you, the community, the country etc. To say you'd never vote for a particular party seems undemocratic to me.
But hey, thats just my opinion, which by the way cannot be wrong.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

A million families to be destitute on 12:28 - May 11 with 1630 viewscressi

A million families to be destitute on 12:17 - May 11 by usm

We live in a democracy so you should vote (or not) for whoever you feel is right for you, the community, the country etc. To say you'd never vote for a particular party seems undemocratic to me.

Definitely Never
Like been a Norwich fan
A million families to be destitute on 12:29 - May 11 with 1624 viewsJ2BLUE

I'd never vote for the BNP. How is that undemocratic? Making a personal choice based on their actions and reputation is just common sense. Why waste time saying I would never vote for the BNP unless they did a complete 180 on everything they have ever said?

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

A million families to be destitute on 12:32 - May 11 with 1615 viewsBlueBadger

I'm not sure that there's many polite epithets to describe a body which is institutionally bigoted, corrupt, incompetent, deeply unprofessional and criminally inclined.

'Scum' is consideredably more polite than a lot of terms one could use to describe, the current iteration of the conservative party. And in any case, an opinion that said bunch in bigoted, corrupt, etc people 'scum' is just that - an opinion.

And thus, Not Wrong, by your own logic.

Plus, I thought you right wing types were all about freedom of speech and People Telling It Is Without Recurse To Political Correctness, Wokery and Snowflakes?
[Post edited 11 May 2022 13:53]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

A million families to be destitute on 12:37 - May 11 with 1562 viewsEwan_Oozami

Do you support PR and compulsory voting then?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

A million families to be destitute on 12:56 - May 11 with 1528 viewsBlueBadger

A million families to be destitute on 12:32 - May 11 by BlueBadger

I'm not sure that there's many polite epithets to describe a body which is institutionally bigoted, corrupt, incompetent, deeply unprofessional and criminally inclined.

'Scum' is consideredably more polite than a lot of terms one could use to describe, the current iteration of the conservative party. And in any case, an opinion that said bunch in bigoted, corrupt, etc people 'scum' is just that - an opinion.

And thus, Not Wrong, by your own logic.

Plus, I thought you right wing types were all about freedom of speech and People Telling It Is Without Recurse To Political Correctness, Wokery and Snowflakes?
[Post edited 11 May 2022 13:53]

Also 'just my opinion it can't be wrong' is the intellectual fallacy of the coward.

You COULD have, for example, the opinion that Paul Hurst was our best-ever manager, but you'd be demonstrably wrong.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

A million families to be destitute on 13:28 - May 11 with 1477 viewsTJS

I think that must be before paying mortgage/rent.
I'm a single working person and I could get by on £140.00 a week after paying my rent.
For example last month after rent I spent £520.00 on all other bills including my season ticket.
I also own and run a car.
[Post edited 11 May 2022 13:30]
A million families to be destitute on 13:31 - May 11 with 1463 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Welcome to 1981.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

A million families to be destitute on 14:41 - May 11 with 1368 viewsgtsb1966

A million families to be destitute on 13:28 - May 11 by TJS

I think that must be before paying mortgage/rent.
I'm a single working person and I could get by on £140.00 a week after paying my rent.
For example last month after rent I spent £520.00 on all other bills including my season ticket.
I also own and run a car.
[Post edited 11 May 2022 13:30]

Gas, electric, car insurance, food, petrol , council tax, water rates, clothes, toiletries etc.....and you can get by on £140 a week. You must eat fresh air.
[Post edited 11 May 2022 14:41]
A million families to be destitute on 14:50 - May 11 with 1345 viewsHARRY10

A million families to be destitute on 14:41 - May 11 by gtsb1966

Gas, electric, car insurance, food, petrol , council tax, water rates, clothes, toiletries etc.....and you can get by on £140 a week. You must eat fresh air.

Check what JSA pays - around £75 a week (rent paid)

You exist, that's all
A million families to be destitute on 15:04 - May 11 with 1315 viewsTJS

Definitely gas, electric, food, alcohol, petrol, council tax, clothes, toiletries, bus travel to ITFC and season ticket.
Didn't include car insurance and water as I don't pay them monthly.
I eat quite well actually.
I obviously need to up my spending on takeaways and entertainment though.
[Post edited 11 May 2022 15:05]
A million families to be destitute on 15:20 - May 11 with 1266 viewsgtsb1966

A million families to be destitute on 15:04 - May 11 by TJS

Definitely gas, electric, food, alcohol, petrol, council tax, clothes, toiletries, bus travel to ITFC and season ticket.

But you still pay car insurance and water. You can't just dismiss them because you don't pay them monthly. I would love to see your break down on how much you pay for each on a monthly basis as I would find that impossible to live on if paying for all those things.
A million families to be destitute on 15:32 - May 11 with 1224 viewsstickymockwell

I heard 1.5 million today! If you average that out at 4 people per family it's nearly 10% of the population and that's just this year. What about next year?

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: Best left back in the last 10 years

A million families to be destitute on 15:42 - May 11 with 1206 viewsjeera

Phones...

Having broadband and a mobile are necessities nowadays so that's another £30 per month between them on the best deals possible out there.

That's assuming one owns the mobile of course and is on a sim only.

Thing is, one can scape by but cannot 'live'. There are hidden costs. The car will break down, need repairs, servicing. It will eventually need replacing.

Clothes, everyday items.

Laptops have a shelf life, as do TVs, washing machines, fridges, freezers...

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

A million families to be destitute on 15:46 - May 11 with 1201 viewsgtsb1966

A million families to be destitute on 15:42 - May 11 by jeera

Phones...

Having broadband and a mobile are necessities nowadays so that's another £30 per month between them on the best deals possible out there.

That's assuming one owns the mobile of course and is on a sim only.

Thing is, one can scape by but cannot 'live'. There are hidden costs. The car will break down, need repairs, servicing. It will eventually need replacing.

Clothes, everyday items.

Laptops have a shelf life, as do TVs, washing machines, fridges, freezers...

Looking at it now yes I could just about scrape by I suppose and I had forgotten about broadband and phones. Like you say though the hidden costs would cripple you. A family though living on that...not a chance.
[Post edited 11 May 2022 15:47]
A million families to be destitute on 15:48 - May 11 with 1194 viewsJ2BLUE

A million families to be destitute on 15:04 - May 11 by TJS

Car tax? MOT? Christmas and birthday presents? I'm sure once you add it all up and divide it by 52 it will be more than you think.

Truly impaired.

A million families to be destitute on 15:50 - May 11 with 1183 viewskeighleyblue

Until we DO live in a democracy, you carry on tugging your forelock and sticking your head in the sand old son.

Idiot.
A million families to be destitute on 15:51 - May 11 with 1179 viewsjeera

A million families to be destitute on 15:48 - May 11 by J2BLUE

Car tax? MOT? Christmas and birthday presents? I'm sure once you add it all up and divide it by 52 it will be more than you think.

Various insurances:

Car if one can afford to run one as we've said.

But also home, contents...

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

A million families to be destitute on 16:09 - May 11 with 1141 viewsJ2BLUE

A million families to be destitute on 15:51 - May 11 by jeera

Various insurances:

Car if one can afford to run one as we've said.

But also home, contents...

Yea it never ends when you stop and think about it.

Truly impaired.

A million families to be destitute on 16:27 - May 11 with 1115 viewsTJS

A million families to be destitute on 15:20 - May 11 by gtsb1966

But you still pay car insurance and water. You can't just dismiss them because you don't pay them monthly. I would love to see your break down on how much you pay for each on a monthly basis as I would find that impossible to live on if paying for all those things.

My car insurance is less than £200 per year.
My water bill was £131 in March although I can't quite remember if that was for 6 months or 3 months.
My petrol is quite low to be fair as my work is only about 10 minutes drive away.
[Post edited 11 May 2022 16:29]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024