Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
30p Per Meal 08:59 - May 12 with 4869 viewsEdwardStone

That is the considered opinion Lee Anderson MP

He claims that poor people should be able to feed themselves on 30p per meal

He has an annual salary of £84 144

And last year he claimed £219 703-44 in expenses

This equates to £832-45 per day that we pay him for such wisdom

Or 2774 of his budget meals

[Post edited 12 May 2022 9:00]
30p Per Meal on 21:14 - May 12 with 573 viewsfooters

30p Per Meal on 20:36 - May 12 by jeera

These people aren't listening are they?

I too can knock up a meal for relative pennies, I'm pretty good at it as it goes when I want to.

But that's a million miles away from the point. Those on this thread claiming they can do this/that aren't considering that for a great deal of people in that situation it isn't a short term thing , but could well be a fact of life day in/day out forever.

"I can make a meal for £1 for 2 people". Well bully for you, can't we all if we need to, but what a way to miss the point.

No one wants to eat porridge and lentils every day for the rest of their lives, is one thing.

But the main thing is it isn't the damn place of someone who doesn't have to live that way to point it out as acceptable for others to do so in order to 'get by'.

It's downright patronising and fecking rude to boot.

Spot on, jeera, me old fruit. And what many of the Tories and tabloids won't point out is that a lot of these people are working people who just can't make ends meet right now. Unsurprising given inflation and the spike in energy prices.

Did we ever get free petrol when oil was trading at negative rates in 2020, btw? Might need to double check that.

Weirdly enough, and don't ask why, but I was looking at the basic meals served in 1940s Alcatraz the other day. Looking at the menu here (get your best specs on!) sounds absolutely mouthwatering in comparison to what some folk are subsisting on from day to day... and these were prisoners ffs!

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

30p Per Meal on 21:36 - May 12 with 535 viewsjeera

30p Per Meal on 21:14 - May 12 by footers

Spot on, jeera, me old fruit. And what many of the Tories and tabloids won't point out is that a lot of these people are working people who just can't make ends meet right now. Unsurprising given inflation and the spike in energy prices.

Did we ever get free petrol when oil was trading at negative rates in 2020, btw? Might need to double check that.

Weirdly enough, and don't ask why, but I was looking at the basic meals served in 1940s Alcatraz the other day. Looking at the menu here (get your best specs on!) sounds absolutely mouthwatering in comparison to what some folk are subsisting on from day to day... and these were prisoners ffs!

Is that menu true?

I've seen worse menus in some high streets for sure.

Actually there's a few things on there I quite fancy myself!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

30p Per Meal on 21:47 - May 12 with 525 viewsfooters

30p Per Meal on 21:36 - May 12 by jeera

Is that menu true?

I've seen worse menus in some high streets for sure.

Actually there's a few things on there I quite fancy myself!

I believe so but you can't believe anything you read these days. Especially on here...

Now, time to invent a time machine and hop back to America 1946... That's good eatin'.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

30p Per Meal on 21:50 - May 12 with 523 viewsjeera

30p Per Meal on 21:47 - May 12 by footers

I believe so but you can't believe anything you read these days. Especially on here...

Now, time to invent a time machine and hop back to America 1946... That's good eatin'.

There's not much incentive to not get yourself locked up is there?

I bet nowadays they'd all have widescreen TVs and whatever the contemporary equivalent of a Gameboy is.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

30p Per Meal on 22:32 - May 12 with 489 viewsCoastalblue

30p Per Meal on 21:50 - May 12 by jeera

There's not much incentive to not get yourself locked up is there?

I bet nowadays they'd all have widescreen TVs and whatever the contemporary equivalent of a Gameboy is.

I think they've probably matured into gamemen by now.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024