Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting hearing the Sky commentator and Neville stating this is the loudest. 21:34 - May 12 with 1623 viewsunstableblue

...crowd this season they'd seen at the North London derby.

And calling out specifically the acoustics and design of the Spurs single tier 'kop' as a factor.

God how we messed up in splitting the North! A single very steeply raked stand, with a large capacity would have been incredible.

Having said that... at the Charlton game, there was quite a raucous bunch where I was in the upper north... and it did seem to connect better to the lower stands singing... the cobbold (which is getting louder would you believe) helped transfer the songs.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Interesting hearing the Sky commentator and Neville stating this is the loudest. on 21:39 - May 12 with 1566 views3_5_2

Just thinking the same.

That stand as a single tier would take the atmosphere to another level.

How much would it cost to change it? (If even possible)

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Interesting hearing the Sky commentator and Neville stating this is the loudest. on 21:51 - May 12 with 1523 viewsIllinoisblue

Interesting hearing the Sky commentator and Neville stating this is the loudest. on 21:39 - May 12 by 3_5_2

Just thinking the same.

That stand as a single tier would take the atmosphere to another level.

How much would it cost to change it? (If even possible)

Would cost millions, I’m sure. It’s a pretty rubbish stand for acoustics. Guessing Sheepy rushed it through without too much thought.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Interesting hearing the Sky commentator and Neville stating this is the loudest. on 22:30 - May 12 with 1405 viewsArnieM

The problem was the road and those houses behind the NS … the people wouldn’t leave the houses and the council stopped the original stand design from being built because of light loss affecting the houses and encroachment on the road by the stand .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Interesting hearing the Sky commentator and Neville stating this is the loudest. on 06:30 - May 13 with 1141 viewsVeggie

Don’t Spurs have a system that ‘enhances’ the crowd sound (using the stadium speaker system)? I thought I read this somewhere.
Interesting hearing the Sky commentator and Neville stating this is the loudest. on 06:35 - May 13 with 1133 viewsBlue_Heath

When in the north stand it sounds pretty loud but if you sit in other areas the sound barely travels at all. You can see why many away fans sing 'is this a library?'

It's mainly the design but partly the fact that season ticket holders were not put back the same afterwards.

Also Section 6 really should be in the middle not to one side but appreciate those with ST's there would not want to move.
Interesting hearing the Sky commentator and Neville stating this is the loudest. on 08:27 - May 13 with 946 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Interesting hearing the Sky commentator and Neville stating this is the loudest. on 06:35 - May 13 by Blue_Heath

When in the north stand it sounds pretty loud but if you sit in other areas the sound barely travels at all. You can see why many away fans sing 'is this a library?'

It's mainly the design but partly the fact that season ticket holders were not put back the same afterwards.

Also Section 6 really should be in the middle not to one side but appreciate those with ST's there would not want to move.

I’ve always thought section 6 should have been in the upper, so you are at least getting some sound reflection off the roof.

Last game I got to, (Cambridge), I sat in the Cobbold lower and I could hardly hear S6 at all. Of course the Cambridge fans, effectively over my left shoulder were very loud.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Interesting hearing the Sky commentator and Neville stating this is the loudest. on 09:00 - May 13 with 885 viewsimalwayswrong

Agree - but im sure acoustic design wasn't considered as important as the way it looked.

Wasn't it Alex Ferguson that told his player that Ipswich truly have 12th player with the noise level within portman road - pre north and south stands
Interesting hearing the Sky commentator and Neville stating this is the loudest. on 09:02 - May 13 with 872 viewsSouperJim

Interesting hearing the Sky commentator and Neville stating this is the loudest. on 06:30 - May 13 by Veggie

Don’t Spurs have a system that ‘enhances’ the crowd sound (using the stadium speaker system)? I thought I read this somewhere.

It's deffinitely a thing and has been suggested from time to time in relation to the north stand (including by the club from memory) pretty much since it was built.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting hearing the Sky commentator and Neville stating this is the loudest. on 11:22 - May 13 with 690 viewsSamWhiteUK

It did sound amazing. Like you, had me picturing a blue wall at the north end of PR. Tifos and all, Dortmund-esque.
Interesting hearing the Sky commentator and Neville stating this is the loudest. on 12:32 - May 13 with 628 viewsVeggie

Interesting hearing the Sky commentator and Neville stating this is the loudest. on 09:02 - May 13 by SouperJim

It's deffinitely a thing and has been suggested from time to time in relation to the north stand (including by the club from memory) pretty much since it was built.

Hopefully it’s something that they can incorporate within the new ‘Tannoy’ system.
Interesting hearing the Sky commentator and Neville stating this is the loudest. on 13:11 - May 13 with 577 viewstivo

Fingers crossed, if all goes to well over the next few years and The Cobbold is renovated they will box it in to the North & South Stand which will help sound retainment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024