Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Taylor - Peterborough… 11:18 - May 13 with 6802 viewsKieran_Knows

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 11:21 - May 13 with 4772 viewsSweetman

Absolutely ridiculous signing if it's to be done.
Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 11:22 - May 13 with 4747 viewshomer_123

Our record of buying from Posh isn't a good one...especially with players named Taylor.
[Post edited 13 May 2022 11:22]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 11:22 - May 13 with 4734 viewsKieran_Knows

Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 11:22 - May 13 by homer_123

Our record of buying from Posh isn't a good one...especially with players named Taylor.
[Post edited 13 May 2022 11:22]

Especially the last Taylor we signed from them…

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 11:25 - May 13 with 4691 viewsParisBlue

Seem to recall hearing Darren Currie recommended him to us before he joined Peterborough.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 11:29 - May 13 with 4623 viewsSTYG

Outstanding player.

Got to be looking at £2.5m, then add the McAnthony tax and it's probably £3m.

Absolute statement of intent though, given Warren will know there's something in this and we will know his price.

What concerns me is Posh being after Simpson because they never miss on strikers. I trust Simpson will be off to Boro or Forest for £12m in about 18 months then lol.
Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 11:37 - May 13 with 4532 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

It seem unlikely.

But if it happens.. would be hilarious to see Peterborough fans reactions.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 11:41 - May 13 with 4490 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Unrelated but see Dai Cornell has been released

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 11:45 - May 13 with 4445 viewsitfcsuth

Can't see it happening personally.

I remember MacAnthony rating him so highly (as he always does with his best assets to get the top £). Said he'll easily play in the Premier League one day.

I think it would be a rather expensive one that.
Login to get fewer ads

Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 11:57 - May 13 with 4293 viewsSteve_M

This Summer's Matt Crooks, a very good player that Peterborough will not want to sell to anyone in this division.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 12:39 - May 13 with 3999 viewsParky

If Ashton and Co manage to pull it off, then fair play. Can’t see it myself.
Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 12:44 - May 13 with 3980 viewshype313

Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 11:45 - May 13 by itfcsuth

Can't see it happening personally.

I remember MacAnthony rating him so highly (as he always does with his best assets to get the top £). Said he'll easily play in the Premier League one day.

I think it would be a rather expensive one that.

Peterborough's finances are in a bad way, they will need to shift, maybe a player + cash with Simpson going there in return.

Obviously he'll bag 30 there, fire them to the title and then Brentford offer them £25m for him.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 12:55 - May 13 with 3894 viewsstrikalite

Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 11:57 - May 13 by Steve_M

This Summer's Matt Crooks, a very good player that Peterborough will not want to sell to anyone in this division.

Yep very good player, can certainly strike a ball so can see why we're linked..
Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 13:02 - May 13 with 3843 viewsSTYG

Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 12:44 - May 13 by hype313

Peterborough's finances are in a bad way, they will need to shift, maybe a player + cash with Simpson going there in return.

Obviously he'll bag 30 there, fire them to the title and then Brentford offer them £25m for him.

Fine. Think of the sell on!
Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 13:37 - May 13 with 3660 viewsSteve_M

Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 13:02 - May 13 by STYG

Fine. Think of the sell on!

Given that SImpson's departure seems inevitable then Posh are the ideal club for him and us; if it works there is a big premium on their strikers moving upwards.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 13:47 - May 13 with 3618 viewsSTYG

Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 13:37 - May 13 by Steve_M

Given that SImpson's departure seems inevitable then Posh are the ideal club for him and us; if it works there is a big premium on their strikers moving upwards.

The great thing about Ashton is that this is exactly the sort of thing he will be thinking about.

Posh have the best record around for taking strikers from League Two and the Conference and selling them for huge money. If Simpson has to go anywhere they'd be a great shout from the perspective that he's most likely to achieve his potential there, although with the obvious risk he does and Posh are a rival for promotion.

But if it's not Simpson there it'll be another good striker.
Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 13:51 - May 13 with 3599 viewsTomTheWriter

Must be one of the only people severely underwhelmed by this link.

Offensively he has performed on par or worse than Sam Morsy's has, and A LOT worse than Panutche Camara has (who might I add will probably be available for less than seven-figures).

Defensively he has once again performed worse than Camara, and on par with Bakinson.

With the ball, he is so much worse than Bakinson. His percentages are low. He tries to do too much with smart passes, long balls, through passes and they either go out of play or are intercepted.

Reliably informed by Posh fans that he has had hamstring issues since he arrived.

For a possible £2mill + outlay, he should be far, far down the list of potential signings.

[Post edited 13 May 2022 15:50]

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 14:03 - May 13 with 3463 viewsSTYG

Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 13:51 - May 13 by TomTheWriter

Offensively he has performed on par or worse than Sam Morsy's has, and A LOT worse than Panutche Camara has (who might I add will probably be available for less than seven-figures).

Defensively he has once again performed worse than Camara, and on par with Bakinson.

With the ball, he is so much worse than Bakinson. His percentages are low. He tries to do too much with smart passes, long balls, through passes and they either go out of play or are intercepted.

Reliably informed by Posh fans that he has had hamstring issues since he arrived.

For a possible £2mill + outlay, he should be far, far down the list of potential signings.

Which players of a similar ilk and price tag have you flagged up as being statistically what we should be aiming for?
Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 14:25 - May 13 with 3327 viewsTomTheWriter

Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 14:03 - May 13 by STYG

Which players of a similar ilk and price tag have you flagged up as being statistically what we should be aiming for?

publishing something on June 1st that goes into more detail on players, but to first decide who we need, we need to know if Morsy is going to be used as a box-to-box or as a holding playmaker.

If the first, then we need someone who is comfortable on the ball - short passing, long passing, taking the ball in tight spaces, redistributing across the midfield and the defence - but more importantly someone who will stand up to attackers and not be bullied. The low defensive duels won % for both Taylor, Bakinson and Evans needs to be addressed, because that is a place where we get countered.

If Morsy is willing to play deeper, then you need someone with the engine to get forward, and subsequently get back. Panutche Camara is the obvious selection for that role, because he has high defensive and offensive duel success.

For me, personally, I want my holding playmaker to be confident on the ball, and break up attacks. I don't care if they can score goals, assists goals, take free-kicks, take corners, dribble with intent, shot from range. None of that. Holding midfielder does the dirty and simple stuff. Tackle, intercept, head, pass, move.

Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 14:50 - May 13 with 3199 viewsitfcsuth

Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 13:51 - May 13 by TomTheWriter

I think if it is the £2M+ figure, then no, I'd walk away from the deal.

I think we'll be looking for a more defensive minded midfielder if I'm being honest.

Hamstring issues - he has featured 34 & 36 games in the league last two seasons.
Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 14:58 - May 13 with 3145 viewsTomTheWriter

Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 14:50 - May 13 by itfcsuth

I think if it is the £2M+ figure, then no, I'd walk away from the deal.

I think we'll be looking for a more defensive minded midfielder if I'm being honest.

Hamstring issues - he has featured 34 & 36 games in the league last two seasons.

For a holding playmaker, you do not need to spend a large chunk of your budget to find someone who can do the 'un-fancy' things well. If they want Taylor, then it suggests they want Morsy to drop back into the holding role; If true, then surely Camara is the much better option. Better stats, more goal contributions and cheaper.

Couple of Posh fans on Twitter said that he has had some problems. Only 29 starts out of 46 though this season, so maybe it is an underlying issue that he hasn't been able to shake. Ideally next season, we can have someone start more than 40 games other than Donacien!!

Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 15:06 - May 13 with 3107 viewsitfcsuth

Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 14:58 - May 13 by TomTheWriter

For a holding playmaker, you do not need to spend a large chunk of your budget to find someone who can do the 'un-fancy' things well. If they want Taylor, then it suggests they want Morsy to drop back into the holding role; If true, then surely Camara is the much better option. Better stats, more goal contributions and cheaper.

Couple of Posh fans on Twitter said that he has had some problems. Only 29 starts out of 46 though this season, so maybe it is an underlying issue that he hasn't been able to shake. Ideally next season, we can have someone start more than 40 games other than Donacien!!

Camara isn't staying in League 1, he's going to the Championship.

We'll more likely be looking at someone like Dominic Ball.
Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 15:10 - May 13 with 3064 viewsSTYG

Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 15:06 - May 13 by itfcsuth

Camara isn't staying in League 1, he's going to the Championship.

We'll more likely be looking at someone like Dominic Ball.

I mentioned Ball the other day.

Would be a great signing in that defensive role and he also offers cover at full back and centre back if needed.

As a player who has played nearly 100 times for a decent enough QPR team in the last 3 seasons, he'd definitely be a good signing.
Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 15:24 - May 13 with 2952 viewschicoazul

Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 11:21 - May 13 by Sweetman

Absolutely ridiculous signing if it's to be done.

Anyone else have deja vu.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 15:27 - May 13 with 2931 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 15:24 - May 13 by chicoazul

Taylor’s from Peterborough or people labelling signings as ridiculous before limping to 11th place?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 15:39 - May 13 with 2865 viewsBloomBlue

Jack Taylor - Peterborough… on 15:24 - May 13 by chicoazul

I remember Pigott, Harper, Edward's etc etc being an 'absolutely ridiculous signing if it's done'.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024