Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
*David McGoldrick* 21:33 - May 13 with 2356 viewsBlueastheycome

What is your feeling/opinion/description of him?

Just looked at his stats.. and he actually played in a fair few games each season despite the injuries and his goal ratio wasn’t actually that good. Despite this, there was always a sense we were more potent when we had him in the team.

*David McGoldrick* on 21:35 - May 13 with 2078 viewsBseaBlue

Rolls Royce footballer that deserved more success with us than he had.
*David McGoldrick* on 21:57 - May 13 with 1998 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Our most Talented footballer of the 2010s, anyone who didnt rate him wasnt worth listening to.

We were a better team with David Mcgoldrick in It, baller.
[Post edited 13 May 2022 21:57]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

*David McGoldrick* on 22:35 - May 13 with 1889 viewsCotty

He was our best player for quite a long time, and was a pleasure to watch.
*David McGoldrick* on 22:42 - May 13 with 1864 viewsPowrigan

We need to be looking forward as a club, not backwards!!!
[Post edited 13 May 2022 22:45]
*David McGoldrick* on 23:14 - May 13 with 1780 viewsFrimleyBlue

If we had managed to get him to move to Ipswich we might have got promoted.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

*David McGoldrick* on 23:45 - May 13 with 1743 viewsArnieM

Skilful player with absolutely no pace, and as injury prone as hell, with a poor goals per game ratio…who earned a fair old wedge out of the game despite hardly ever being fit.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

*David McGoldrick* on 23:52 - May 13 with 1729 viewsMenton

He was never the same for us after the first couple of seasons. In later years it was as if he couldn’t kick the ball cleanly. I think injuries took their toll. So skillful though.

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

*David McGoldrick* on 23:55 - May 13 with 1724 viewsStNeotsBlue

One of the best players in the division when fit with us. That gif of him sending 2 Norwich players for a walkabout is a thing of joy. Shame his injuries with us limited his potential impact here. That Sheffield Wednesday player who tried to kick his meat and two veg off has a lot to answer for.
Login to get fewer ads

*David McGoldrick* on 00:00 - May 14 with 1711 viewsStNeotsBlue

*David McGoldrick* on 23:45 - May 13 by ArnieM

Skilful player with absolutely no pace, and as injury prone as hell, with a poor goals per game ratio…who earned a fair old wedge out of the game despite hardly ever being fit.

Funny how he stayed fit and did really well in a promotion winning team and then in the Prem after leaving us. Perhaps they had a system in place to look after their players properly.
*David McGoldrick* on 00:47 - May 14 with 1651 viewsChurchman

McGoldrick when he played for us was our best player by a distance. He was worth the entrance money alone.

When he was here, mediocrity was the norm and appeared to be the aim, bar the one season. He said as much himself. Medical attention? Let’s face it, nothing else was looked after properly at the club, so I doubt the players medical/fitness needs were either.

The future? I wish him well. He’s too old, injury prone and didn’t like commuting here so good luck David and thanks for the memories.
*David McGoldrick* on 07:40 - May 14 with 1462 viewsElephantintheRoom

Long distance commuter who might have been an asset if he had ever committed to the club

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

*David McGoldrick* on 07:47 - May 14 with 1449 viewswkj

He was a good player, and did so much off of the ball. To a lesser extent, that is why I like Kayden Jackson, he does so much good work off the ball and it isn't reflected by his goal tally.

I would love to have him back, but he shouldn't come back - he clearly wanted to be closer to home when he was with us, and I don't think he sees his future that far from where he lives now.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

*David McGoldrick* on 08:20 - May 14 with 1412 viewsGuthrum

I feel he was poorly utilised at ITFC, constantly having to drop deep to fetch the ball due to non-functioning supply lines. Thus was left having to work his way through the full depth of defences (often unsupported) to get a shooting chance, rather than being able to make use of his skill and maneuverability directly in front of goal.

Which was also how he got injured, both from too much twisting and turning and from poor tackles.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

*David McGoldrick* on 08:32 - May 14 with 1387 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

I pity the people who didn’t enjoy watching him.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

*David McGoldrick* on 08:57 - May 14 with 1334 viewsbournemouthblue

I'd describe him almost as a number 10 playing upfront, one of his best assets was keeping hold of the ball, up the field for longer

The ball would almost be glued to his foot before picking out the right pass and making sure we retained possession

I can remember when we played Southampton in the cup who were about 4th at the time in the Prem, he was one of our few players who stood out for us
[Post edited 14 May 2022 8:58]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

*David McGoldrick* on 09:15 - May 14 with 1297 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Almost everything positive we did went through him bet his pre assist stats are good.

Under Mick esp the few non hoof quality plays always went through him

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

*David McGoldrick* on 09:25 - May 14 with 1284 viewsITFC_Forever

Our best player of the 2010s decade by a mile.

Absolutely class act and it was embarrassing how much worse we were when he was unavailable.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

*David McGoldrick* on 09:26 - May 14 with 1281 viewsOldFart71

Decent player at his best. Unfortunately wasn't for about 2.5 seasons. Was part of the problem where players saw Town as some sort of pension enhancer. If they were injury prone or older players just using the club to finance their pension they turned up at PR. The owner of course went along with it as after the first two managers he ceased to finance the club anywhere near what it needed. McCarthy was the only one who had moderate success and got several good loans through the door. But that's all they were, loans. Anyone half decent went and were replaced by cheap imitations. Most of whom have now departed. Funny how when McGoldrick left sleepy Suffolk he was a near ever present for Utd. Still hopefully we have got away from the lame and the needy and are moving forward to players that want to achieve something themselves and for ITFC.
*David McGoldrick* on 09:26 - May 14 with 1278 viewsITFC_Forever

*David McGoldrick* on 23:55 - May 13 by StNeotsBlue

One of the best players in the division when fit with us. That gif of him sending 2 Norwich players for a walkabout is a thing of joy. Shame his injuries with us limited his potential impact here. That Sheffield Wednesday player who tried to kick his meat and two veg off has a lot to answer for.

Wasn’t it a Cardiff player? I forget, although remember that absolute clown Keith Stroud didn’t even book the assailant.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

*David McGoldrick* on 09:37 - May 14 with 1260 viewsMattinLondon

*David McGoldrick* on 08:32 - May 14 by WestStanderLaLaLa

I pity the people who didn’t enjoy watching him.

I don’t. They tend to be the same people who claim to want to see good football but then suggest buying a big donkey striker.
*David McGoldrick* on 09:41 - May 14 with 1247 viewsTrumptonBlue

*David McGoldrick* on 09:26 - May 14 by ITFC_Forever

Wasn’t it a Cardiff player? I forget, although remember that absolute clown Keith Stroud didn’t even book the assailant.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/ipswich-town-striker-david-mcgoldrick-
*David McGoldrick* on 09:48 - May 14 with 1227 viewsWickets

Great player but only on his day , he seemed always up for it in the Premier League so me thinks dropping down to League 1 his old problems we saw all to often at Town might resurface .
*David McGoldrick* on 09:55 - May 14 with 1214 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I guess he was a footballer in a non footballing side, so added something others didn't.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

*David McGoldrick* on 10:32 - May 14 with 1181 viewsportmanking

*David McGoldrick* on 08:20 - May 14 by Guthrum

I feel he was poorly utilised at ITFC, constantly having to drop deep to fetch the ball due to non-functioning supply lines. Thus was left having to work his way through the full depth of defences (often unsupported) to get a shooting chance, rather than being able to make use of his skill and maneuverability directly in front of goal.

Which was also how he got injured, both from too much twisting and turning and from poor tackles.

What you're trying to say is he was wasted in a Mick McCarthy setup, aren't you? And you'd be absolutely right.
*David McGoldrick* on 11:22 - May 14 with 1131 viewsClapham_Junction

*David McGoldrick* on 08:20 - May 14 by Guthrum

One game that really sticks in my mind regarding how poorly we used him is Millwall away in 2014, when we spent the whole match playing long balls to him, which Danny Shittu just headed away each time. Shittu won so many headers that he got into Championship team of the week.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024