Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All Players 07:53 - May 14 with 1813 viewscressi

To live within a hour of the ground and training ground.
After the McGoldrick
hamstring and travel excuses
This may even be something the club do.Need full commitment from players and staff to achieve what the supporters and the Americans want.
All Players on 09:10 - May 14 with 1628 viewsCheltenham_Blue

This is something Ashton and O'Leary have already said they ask of players coming in. Can't be involved in the community aspect if they don't live in the area and that's absolutely key for the Americans.
[Post edited 14 May 2022 9:11]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

All Players on 09:14 - May 14 with 1608 viewsPhilTWTD

As Cheltenham says, they do have this policy, I think it's 25 minutes. McGoldrick's situation has been misinterpreted a little at times, he wasn't driving in every day, as I think has been suggested at times, he had a flat in town but travelled backwards and forwards a couple of times a week. He had initially lived here with his family but they didn't settle and moved back to the Midlands.
All Players on 09:52 - May 14 with 1474 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

All Players on 09:14 - May 14 by PhilTWTD

As Cheltenham says, they do have this policy, I think it's 25 minutes. McGoldrick's situation has been misinterpreted a little at times, he wasn't driving in every day, as I think has been suggested at times, he had a flat in town but travelled backwards and forwards a couple of times a week. He had initially lived here with his family but they didn't settle and moved back to the Midlands.

It's difficult for players to uproot their family each time they move clubs. Most don't stay for more than 2-3 years.

Having a family base and a club base seems fair, so long as the players commit enough time locally.

They get paid enough to rent a sumptuous family home so that the wife and kids and come down each weekend too.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

All Players on 10:02 - May 14 with 1442 viewscressi

All Players on 09:52 - May 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

It's difficult for players to uproot their family each time they move clubs. Most don't stay for more than 2-3 years.

Having a family base and a club base seems fair, so long as the players commit enough time locally.

They get paid enough to rent a sumptuous family home so that the wife and kids and come down each weekend too.

Cheers
I get the bit may only be here a short time but as somebody mentioned on the wages players are on a fairly good choice of a rental or if they bought a nice portfolio of houses when they retire hard for players who have more clubs than Tiger Woods I guess
All Players on 10:08 - May 14 with 1403 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

All Players on 10:02 - May 14 by cressi

Cheers
I get the bit may only be here a short time but as somebody mentioned on the wages players are on a fairly good choice of a rental or if they bought a nice portfolio of houses when they retire hard for players who have more clubs than Tiger Woods I guess

I mentioned their wages and ability to rent a nice family home in the post you replied to. That's not in question.

The part in question is potentially needing to put the kids in a new school every 2-3 years.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

All Players on 10:12 - May 14 with 1385 viewssouthnorfolkblue

I must admit I thought that requirement went back to Roy Keane’s time

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

All Players on 10:22 - May 14 with 1366 viewsPhilTWTD

All Players on 10:12 - May 14 by southnorfolkblue

I must admit I thought that requirement went back to Roy Keane’s time

He did have the same policy, which was why Kevin Lisbie and Ben Thatcher were never involved, they refused to move from London.

George Burley also had a similar policy, although I think one or two shorter term signings were allowed to be based elsewhere, I remember that being the case with Lee Chapman.
All Players on 11:06 - May 14 with 1233 viewsSteve_M

All Players on 10:22 - May 14 by PhilTWTD

He did have the same policy, which was why Kevin Lisbie and Ben Thatcher were never involved, they refused to move from London.

George Burley also had a similar policy, although I think one or two shorter term signings were allowed to be based elsewhere, I remember that being the case with Lee Chapman.

Where was Chapman based, Ibiza?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

All Players on 11:16 - May 14 with 1190 viewsBloomBlue

But given our budget we'll be buying Prem status players on £50k+ a week a 25 min helicopter ride gets you a good distance from the ground
All Players on 11:18 - May 14 with 1184 viewsfooters

Another act of rampant anti-Lowestoftianism. But from the Club? Disappointing.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

All Players on 11:27 - May 14 with 1143 viewsPhilTWTD

All Players on 11:06 - May 14 by Steve_M

Where was Chapman based, Ibiza?

Ha! London. I do remember asking one of his team-mates about him and they said "Who?". Got the impression he didn't really integrate.
All Players on 11:32 - May 14 with 1094 viewsFixed_It

All Players on 11:18 - May 14 by footers

Another act of rampant anti-Lowestoftianism. But from the Club? Disappointing.

Oh well...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

All Players on 13:04 - May 14 with 859 viewseireblue

All Players on 09:10 - May 14 by Cheltenham_Blue

This is something Ashton and O'Leary have already said they ask of players coming in. Can't be involved in the community aspect if they don't live in the area and that's absolutely key for the Americans.
[Post edited 14 May 2022 9:11]

Yea it’s why so many have fast cars and get caught speeding, the club have a special fund.

Well, it’s a rumour any way.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024