Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Abide with me just now 16:38 - May 14 with 6059 viewsMillsey

Pathetic response from the morons there 😞😞😞😞
Abide with me just now on 16:42 - May 14 with 4043 viewssw20tractor

Now booing the national anthem. Some fans are so ignorant.
Abide with me just now on 16:44 - May 14 with 4038 viewsZx1988

Thought I heard booing.

I can almost understand, given that the Royals and the Establishment aren't exactly flavour of the month, why some folks may be ambivalent towards GSTQ.

But why boo Abide With Me?!

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Abide with me just now on 16:55 - May 14 with 3982 viewstivo

Liverpool fans really are the worst. Always the victims yet behave like knobs at every opportunity.

Anyone but liverpool!
Abide with me just now on 17:19 - May 14 with 3859 viewsBlueBadger

Abide with me just now on 16:55 - May 14 by tivo

Liverpool fans really are the worst. Always the victims yet behave like knobs at every opportunity.

Anyone but liverpool!

The alternative is Chelsea.

The Norwich City of London.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Abide with me just now on 17:59 - May 14 with 3712 viewsFtnfwest

European super league as quickly as possible please
Abide with me just now on 19:49 - May 14 with 3594 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Anyone but liverpool!

"While in recent years, the people of Merseyside feel they continue to be let down by the state and believe the foodbanks outside Anfield and Goodison is evidence of widening inequalities. The frosty relationship between city and country also translates to the English national team, with many Liverpudlians not supporting England during major tournaments like the Euros or the World Cup."

Quote from The Independent.
[Post edited 15 May 2022 9:27]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Abide with me just now on 22:56 - May 14 with 3341 viewsbluelagos

Anyone but liverpool!

"Always the victims..."

Pretty disgusting phrase rooted in hatred and ignorance. But hey, you and your many upvoters wish to be associated with such a phrase that's your call.

But it says crystal clear the sort of moron you are.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Abide with me just now on 23:42 - May 14 with 3267 viewsKropotkin123

Abide with me just now on 16:42 - May 14 by sw20tractor

Now booing the national anthem. Some fans are so ignorant.

Is it them or you that are ignorant? They boo it for clear and understandable historical reasons, that have not been resolved in their eyes.

Not agreeing I'd understand, but ignorant is a strange one.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Login to get fewer ads

Abide with me just now on 23:43 - May 14 with 3262 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Anyone but liverpool!

Scummy 'always the victims' tones here.
Abide with me just now on 00:16 - May 15 with 3206 viewsXYZ

Abide with me just now on 19:49 - May 14 by Cheltenham_Blue

"While in recent years, the people of Merseyside feel they continue to be let down by the state and believe the foodbanks outside Anfield and Goodison is evidence of widening inequalities. The frosty relationship between city and country also translates to the English national team, with many Liverpudlians not supporting England during major tournaments like the Euros or the World Cup."

Quote from The Independent.
[Post edited 15 May 2022 9:27]

You use quote marks with no attribution?

Best to be clear about who you're having a pop at.
Abide with me just now on 00:34 - May 15 with 3148 viewsbluelagos

Abide with me just now on 23:43 - May 14 by DropCliffsNotBombs

Scummy 'always the victims' tones here.

Indeed. A scummy comment upvoted by 11 forum users.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Abide with me just now on 00:35 - May 15 with 3147 viewsunstableblue

Abide with me just now on 23:42 - May 14 by Kropotkin123

Is it them or you that are ignorant? They boo it for clear and understandable historical reasons, that have not been resolved in their eyes.

Not agreeing I'd understand, but ignorant is a strange one.

I’d say a lot of scousers are enlightened - refusing to read The Sun, Mail, Telegraph for a long period, voting to remain, and distrust of the Tories gets you that way

I mean we should all be out on the streets calling for regime not singing god save the queen:

How long is this going to go on for?!

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Abide with me just now on 00:51 - May 15 with 3107 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Abide with me just now on 00:34 - May 15 by bluelagos

Indeed. A scummy comment upvoted by 11 forum users.

Concerning that Town fans in 2022 think that is OK.
Abide with me just now on 06:47 - May 15 with 2974 viewstextbackup

Abide with me just now on 22:56 - May 14 by bluelagos

"Always the victims..."

Pretty disgusting phrase rooted in hatred and ignorance. But hey, you and your many upvoters wish to be associated with such a phrase that's your call.

But it says crystal clear the sort of moron you are.

I wonder how many scouse rats booing the national anthem will forgo their bank holidays for the jubilee if they are so anti associating themselves with the rest of us

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Abide with me just now on 07:18 - May 15 with 2913 viewsKropotkin123

Abide with me just now on 06:47 - May 15 by textbackup

I wonder how many scouse rats booing the national anthem will forgo their bank holidays for the jubilee if they are so anti associating themselves with the rest of us

Strange thing to wonder. I expect very few have even thought about it, let alone plan to forgo it. I doubt any of them plan on associating themselves with you over the bank holidays either.

Every EU nation has more bank holidays than the UK, which includes republics. So maybe if the UK abolished the monarchy and national anthem, they'd get more bank holidays.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Abide with me just now on 07:51 - May 15 with 2846 viewsSTYG

Anyone but liverpool!

I have nothing but admiration for scousers.

Look at the way other areas of the country and completely let down or disgracefully treated and seem to just move on, resigned to the fact nothing changes.

Liverpool fans and many Evertonians as well refuse to forget. They won’t buy The Sun, they will call out the FA, the Police, and rightly bloody so.

If nearly 100 of us died at a match through no fault of our own and were blamed and then lied about and this was all covered up for decades. I can’t imagine how the families of some of the victims found the strength to keep going. Famously some didn’t.

Nothing but admiration for them here for holding all kinds of people to account and anyone who says that they are always the victims is someone caught up in the lies at the time, who formed a completely wrong opinion and can’t change it despite all the revelations since to show the actual truth.
Abide with me just now on 08:15 - May 15 with 2773 viewsGlasgowBlue

Abide with me just now on 00:16 - May 15 by XYZ

It’s from the Liverpool Echo.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fans-boo-

He’s not having a pop at anyone. Somebody asked why they boo the national anthem. He’s linked an explanation from the horses mouth.

I see your week off after making a fool of yourself on here hasn’t calmed your anger and belligerent attitude.
[Post edited 15 May 2022 8:15]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Abide with me just now on 08:39 - May 15 with 2713 viewsmutters

Anyone but liverpool!

Man oh man... What a comment to say.

Maybe you don't understand the context or what they have got through as a city and football fan?

I stand with the 96 (97 now). Read up on it please, see how they were treated and vilified

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Abide with me just now on 08:58 - May 15 with 2660 viewsyesjohn99

Abide with me just now on 07:18 - May 15 by Kropotkin123

Strange thing to wonder. I expect very few have even thought about it, let alone plan to forgo it. I doubt any of them plan on associating themselves with you over the bank holidays either.

Every EU nation has more bank holidays than the UK, which includes republics. So maybe if the UK abolished the monarchy and national anthem, they'd get more bank holidays.

Not strange at all. so as a result of their massive principles they’ll all be in work on the jubilee bank holiday surely?

Cake and eat it time.
Abide with me just now on 09:23 - May 15 with 2614 viewsnodge_blue

Abide with me just now on 07:51 - May 15 by STYG

I have nothing but admiration for scousers.

Look at the way other areas of the country and completely let down or disgracefully treated and seem to just move on, resigned to the fact nothing changes.

Liverpool fans and many Evertonians as well refuse to forget. They won’t buy The Sun, they will call out the FA, the Police, and rightly bloody so.

If nearly 100 of us died at a match through no fault of our own and were blamed and then lied about and this was all covered up for decades. I can’t imagine how the families of some of the victims found the strength to keep going. Famously some didn’t.

Nothing but admiration for them here for holding all kinds of people to account and anyone who says that they are always the victims is someone caught up in the lies at the time, who formed a completely wrong opinion and can’t change it despite all the revelations since to show the actual truth.

So booing Abide with me is protesting against what exactly?

Performed by a choir of diverse people with I believe some disabilities.

Embarrassing.

And whatever grievances they had are decades old. Theres more a nasty undertone of other things getting mixed in. They never used to boo like that.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Abide with me just now on 09:26 - May 15 with 2598 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Abide with me just now on 00:16 - May 15 by XYZ

Its a direct quote from The Independent originally quoted in the Liverpool Echo I believe.

Some winding in of necks to be done this weekend I see.
[Post edited 15 May 2022 9:31]

Abide with me just now on 09:27 - May 15 with 2596 viewsSTYG

Abide with me just now on 09:23 - May 15 by nodge_blue

So booing Abide with me is protesting against what exactly?

Performed by a choir of diverse people with I believe some disabilities.

Embarrassing.

And whatever grievances they had are decades old. Theres more a nasty undertone of other things getting mixed in. They never used to boo like that.

You’ll have to ask them why they were booing AWM.

That sounded like an small minority, probably lacking the intelligence to separate the two or realise that’s tradition and nothing to do with the actual targets of what they were trying to object to.

Not buying the whole decades old grievance. Doesn’t matter how long ago the incident was when it was covered up for so long and has only recently been reversed. Some of those clearly guilty haven’t faced any kind of justice.

Should they just forget it then?
Abide with me just now on 09:40 - May 15 with 2528 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Abide with me just now on 09:27 - May 15 by STYG

You’ll have to ask them why they were booing AWM.

That sounded like an small minority, probably lacking the intelligence to separate the two or realise that’s tradition and nothing to do with the actual targets of what they were trying to object to.

Not buying the whole decades old grievance. Doesn’t matter how long ago the incident was when it was covered up for so long and has only recently been reversed. Some of those clearly guilty haven’t faced any kind of justice.

Should they just forget it then?

"You’ll have to ask them why they were booing AWM. "

This is just a guess, but...... I'd assume that it is because AWM is the official Hymn of the FA Cup, and therefore the FA who were in many ways culpable for facilitating the cover up and the anti Liverpool sentiment in the days following Hillsborough, especially individuals like Grahame Kelly.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/10/hillsborough-disaster-fa-seriou
[Post edited 15 May 2022 9:42]

Abide with me just now on 09:44 - May 15 with 2497 viewsyesjohn99

Abide with me just now on 09:40 - May 15 by Cheltenham_Blue

"You’ll have to ask them why they were booing AWM. "

This is just a guess, but...... I'd assume that it is because AWM is the official Hymn of the FA Cup, and therefore the FA who were in many ways culpable for facilitating the cover up and the anti Liverpool sentiment in the days following Hillsborough, especially individuals like Grahame Kelly.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/10/hillsborough-disaster-fa-seriou
[Post edited 15 May 2022 9:42]

Boycott Cup finals then?
Abide with me just now on 09:48 - May 15 with 2468 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Abide with me just now on 09:44 - May 15 by yesjohn99

Boycott Cup finals then?

What a dense response.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024