Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon 08:50 - May 15 with 11029 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 08:59 - May 15 with 4632 viewsitfcjoe

That’s a worrying development, if he’s still based up that way as is clearly close to Richardson when you saw them post game.

We’d make a bit of money but at his age if he wants to make the move will be hard to stand in his way

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:03 - May 15 with 4543 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I'm going back to sleep now and hoping this is just a bad dream!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:06 - May 15 with 4509 viewsElderGrizzly

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 08:59 - May 15 by itfcjoe

That’s a worrying development, if he’s still based up that way as is clearly close to Richardson when you saw them post game.

We’d make a bit of money but at his age if he wants to make the move will be hard to stand in his way

Agree.

He was open that he didn’t want to leave Boro and drop a division. I’m sure he thought it was a one season trip to L1 too.

Didn’t we pay like £250k for him? If we got £1.5m back or something and it was given to McKenna I could see it happening.
Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:12 - May 15 with 4438 viewsstopmoaning

Unless it’s relatively big money, there is no reason to sell. But as someone said, if he’s still based in the north that will be harder, although Wigan is nowhere near Middlesbrough.
Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:13 - May 15 with 4409 viewsJ2BLUE

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:03 - May 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

I'm going back to sleep now and hoping this is just a bad dream!

This was inevitable.

The hope is that he wants to stay and play for McKenna as he seemed impressed towards the end of the season.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:16 - May 15 with 4372 viewstractorboy1978

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:13 - May 15 by J2BLUE

This was inevitable.

The hope is that he wants to stay and play for McKenna as he seemed impressed towards the end of the season.

He definitely has a proper affinity with Wigan/Richardson. I could see him wanting to go if they'd match his wages here and they would.
[Post edited 15 May 2022 9:17]
Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:17 - May 15 with 4370 viewsnodge_blue

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:06 - May 15 by ElderGrizzly

Agree.

He was open that he didn’t want to leave Boro and drop a division. I’m sure he thought it was a one season trip to L1 too.

Didn’t we pay like £250k for him? If we got £1.5m back or something and it was given to McKenna I could see it happening.

I really doubt it.

We don't need the 1.5 mil. We need a team to get us promoted.

I don't see the owners doing an Evans and trying to bank a little profit, when they will have to go out and recruit a replacement.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:24 - May 15 with 4261 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 08:59 - May 15 by itfcjoe

a) He's not based up there, he lives down here, its a well known condition of the club that players live within an hour of the training ground, his family could still be up there of course, but the Player is definitely based down here.

b) This is just lazy journalism, 'old side want their old player back'

c) Nixon is about as reliable as Boris is honest.

Can't believe any of you are giving this any credence.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Login to get fewer ads

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:26 - May 15 with 4227 viewstractorboy1978

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:17 - May 15 by nodge_blue

I really doubt it.

I don't see the owners doing an Evans and trying to bank a little profit, when they will have to go out and recruit a replacement.

Hinges on whether he wants to go or not though. As Joe says above, it's very hard to keep a senior player (and your captain) when their head is elsewhere.
Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:29 - May 15 with 4178 viewsKeno

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:24 - May 15 by Cheltenham_Blue

a) He's not based up there, he lives down here, its a well known condition of the club that players live within an hour of the training ground, his family could still be up there of course, but the Player is definitely based down here.

But its on the internet so it must be true

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:31 - May 15 with 4157 viewsJ2BLUE

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:29 - May 15 by Keno

But its on the internet so it must be true

I agree with the smart and good looking Keno that you can't believe a word you read on the internet.

Truly impaired.

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:32 - May 15 with 4136 viewstractorboy1978

Nixon was spot on re Wigan all last summer. He called most of their signings in advance.
Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:36 - May 15 with 4089 viewsKeno

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:31 - May 15 by J2BLUE

I agree with the smart and good looking Keno that you can't believe a word you read on the internet.

See that proves it ..... errrr ....... what?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:38 - May 15 with 4067 viewspennblue

regardless of whether it is true or not, it is just painfully annoying that such a small tinpot club like Wigan can even be linked to taking one of our players.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:44 - May 15 with 3972 viewsArnieM

BIG mistake if we let him go - to any club !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:47 - May 15 with 3956 viewsJ2BLUE

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:38 - May 15 by pennblue

regardless of whether it is true or not, it is just painfully annoying that such a small tinpot club like Wigan can even be linked to taking one of our players.

Imagine if Premier League Luton come calling. What a day that would be.

Truly impaired.

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:50 - May 15 with 3910 viewsChurchman

I hope and doubt there’s anything in it. It’s a quiet time and these stories always emerge. He’s under contract and there’s been nothing to suggest he’s unhappy here.

However, if any player including Morsy wants to move on, take the money and let them go. Retaining an unhappy player never works out and we need people that want to be here.
Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:52 - May 15 with 3893 viewsWallingford_Boy

Makes sense though.

At his age, why play another season in league one?

It’s not always up to the club.

RIP Sir Bobby

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 10:00 - May 15 with 3794 viewsRozz

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:50 - May 15 by Churchman

I hope and doubt there’s anything in it. It’s a quiet time and these stories always emerge. He’s under contract and there’s been nothing to suggest he’s unhappy here.

However, if any player including Morsy wants to move on, take the money and let them go. Retaining an unhappy player never works out and we need people that want to be here.

Difficult one to predict really, as he probably had eyes on an instant return to the Championship under his old gaffer and that obviously hasn't materialised. If we missed out on promotion next season he'd likely be kicking himself at his age for not taking the step back up.

If there is interest, it'll come down to what's in Morsy's head. I like to think MA would drive a very hard bargain for our captain with 2 years left on his contract, too.
Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 10:07 - May 15 with 3720 viewsSharkey

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:12 - May 15 by stopmoaning

Unless it’s relatively big money, there is no reason to sell. But as someone said, if he’s still based in the north that will be harder, although Wigan is nowhere near Middlesbrough.

Middlesborough was not typical for him. Before then he'd probably always been able to live near where he grew up (Wolverhampton), as he played for Port Vale, Chesterfield, Wigan, plus Barnsley on loan.
[Post edited 15 May 2022 10:08]
Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 10:10 - May 15 with 3680 viewsVeggie

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:06 - May 15 by ElderGrizzly

Agree.

I can’t imagine we’d sell him for £1.5m. If they want him that badly they can pay double that. If they don’t, we’ll keep him thanks. We need to think how much it would cost to replace him. Probably a lot more than £1.5m.
Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 10:13 - May 15 with 3645 viewsArnieM

If suggest there’s a very real threat we could lose him . But as you said in another post “ it’s too early and you’re not bothered “!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 10:14 - May 15 with 3639 viewsfooters

Sounds like wkj's mate was spot on again. Something definitely happening.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 10:20 - May 15 with 3576 viewsstrikalite

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:52 - May 15 by Wallingford_Boy

Makes sense though.

At his age, why play another season in league one?

It’s not always up to the club.

He's under contract and we don't want to sell, thankfully not all players down tools even if it appeals, players are being linked with other Clubs all the time...

Put a silly price tag on his head, that usually works.
Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 10:21 - May 15 with 3572 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Wigan want Sam Morsy back - Alan Nixon on 09:17 - May 15 by nodge_blue

I really doubt it.

Morsy wants to go, he goes, simple as that. That's the way football works, especially for a player like Morsy who we wouldn't want around the place if he doesn't want to be.

Fortunately I doubt he does and seems very central to KM's plans and the clubs plans overall. We're a bigger club than Wigan, much bigger crowds etc and Morsy has a chance to be the captain of a side going through the leagues.

Evans obviously didn't ever bank a profit FFS. He turned down massive offers for the likes of Didzy, Mings the window before he left, Dozzell, Downes more recently, and plenty of others. He generally didn't invest enough to make us competitive, but to say he took profit is just nonsense.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024