Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I hope to see another benefit of Brexit 16:32 - May 15 with 2612 viewsGeoffSentence

Just put a driving licence renewal application. For those who have done this recently, do new driving licences come with a union jack on them instead of the EU flag as the old one does.

Here's hoping.

Yet another brexit win.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 16:38 - May 15 with 2209 viewsfactual_blue

No. The symbol is now the poo emoji.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 16:50 - May 15 with 2182 viewsRyorry

One thing that hasn't changed in recent years - it's still taking the DVLA about a month to process anything

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 19:58 - May 15 with 2039 viewsHARRY10

I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 16:50 - May 15 by Ryorry

One thing that hasn't changed in recent years - it's still taking the DVLA about a month to process anything

we should sack a few thousand of them - it certainly worked with the police, and those passport people.... and nurses, dentists, care workers....
I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 20:10 - May 15 with 2018 viewsSeablu

I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 19:58 - May 15 by HARRY10

we should sack a few thousand of them - it certainly worked with the police, and those passport people.... and nurses, dentists, care workers....

Can’t recall any dentists being sacked.
The greedy self-serving tos*ers just stopped taking on NHS patients & quadrupled their prices.
I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 20:19 - May 15 with 1988 viewsSwansea_Blue

I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 20:10 - May 15 by Seablu

Can’t recall any dentists being sacked.
The greedy self-serving tos*ers just stopped taking on NHS patients & quadrupled their prices.

They didn’t just stop though. The Tories privatised dentistry in 1951, although the idea had been mooted under the previous Labour Govt (I think) as the NHS was struggling for funding.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 21:47 - May 15 with 1882 viewsSeablu

I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 20:19 - May 15 by Swansea_Blue

They didn’t just stop though. The Tories privatised dentistry in 1951, although the idea had been mooted under the previous Labour Govt (I think) as the NHS was struggling for funding.

I didn’t really research it, just based my rant on the fact I had a choice of x6 local dental surgeries in the 80’s who were quite willing to take me on as an NHS patient.

None of them have subsequently closed, they just won’t take on NHS patients now.

My dentist has upgraded his Ford Fiesta to a Porsche and spends my check-up 20 minutes whittering on about how much better premium class is for his long haul flights.

Greedy self-serving git in my book.
I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 22:06 - May 15 with 1852 viewsjbryenton

Renewed mine in march at the Post Office, applied on Saturday and got my new licence by the following Wednesday.
And yes it does have the union flag😉 on it.
I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 22:14 - May 15 with 1831 viewsGeomorph

It’ll be a bunch of bananas with the word ‘republic’ alongside
Login to get fewer ads

I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 06:16 - May 16 with 1651 viewsmarcus1642

I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 22:06 - May 15 by jbryenton

Renewed mine in march at the Post Office, applied on Saturday and got my new licence by the following Wednesday.
And yes it does have the union flag😉 on it.

I did my driving licence about the same time and had my my new card by the Tuesday. Shockingly quick. It has a lovely union flag on it, and the best bit is that it doesn't have an eu emblem.
I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 07:22 - May 16 with 1607 viewsPlums

I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 20:19 - May 15 by Swansea_Blue

The UK is famous the world over for its excellent teeth. This policy clearly worked out.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 12:00 - May 16 with 1471 viewsjeera

I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 06:16 - May 16 by marcus1642

I did my driving licence about the same time and had my my new card by the Tuesday. Shockingly quick. It has a lovely union flag on it, and the best bit is that it doesn't have an eu emblem.

Did they used to be processed in Brussels then so took longer?

Surely the best bit is it allows you to drive?

I hardly ever see mine as it sits in a wallet. I certainly don't take it out just to gaze at it and marvel at the little flags.

You can get flags anywhere. You could hang one on your wall. Or in the garden. None of which will affect the ability to drive safely.

Don't drape one over the windscreen though, because that could.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 12:12 - May 16 with 1460 viewsEwan_Oozami

You do realise that the new UK licences tend to get lost more easily and break because they're thinner than the EU ones?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 12:33 - May 16 with 1424 viewsitfc_bucks

It'll never cease to astonish me how we have undertaken this act of frankly baffling economic self harm, and a sizeable bunch of flag-shggers will claim that the replacing of any european symbol with the Union flag has made it all, in some way, "worth it".

Incredible stuff.
I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 12:43 - May 16 with 1394 viewsEdwardStone

I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 12:12 - May 16 by Ewan_Oozami

You do realise that the new UK licences tend to get lost more easily and break because they're thinner than the EU ones?

In fact the new one is remarkably thin..... you can see right through it

As such, it is a perfect metaphor for the "oven ready" Brexit deal
I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 12:48 - May 16 with 1382 viewsZx1988

I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 12:00 - May 16 by jeera

Did they used to be processed in Brussels then so took longer?

Surely the best bit is it allows you to drive?

I hardly ever see mine as it sits in a wallet. I certainly don't take it out just to gaze at it and marvel at the little flags.

You can get flags anywhere. You could hang one on your wall. Or in the garden. None of which will affect the ability to drive safely.

Don't drape one over the windscreen though, because that could.

[Post edited 16 May 2022 17:08]

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 13:03 - May 16 with 1347 viewsSwansea_Blue

I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 21:47 - May 15 by Seablu

I didn’t really research it, just based my rant on the fact I had a choice of x6 local dental surgeries in the 80’s who were quite willing to take me on as an NHS patient.

None of them have subsequently closed, they just won’t take on NHS patients now.

My dentist has upgraded his Ford Fiesta to a Porsche and spends my check-up 20 minutes whittering on about how much better premium class is for his long haul flights.

Greedy self-serving git in my book.

Chuffin expensive innit. A sign of where the rest of the NHS could go if we're not vigilant.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 13:11 - May 16 with 1329 viewsjeera

I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 13:03 - May 16 by Swansea_Blue

Chuffin expensive innit. A sign of where the rest of the NHS could go if we're not vigilant.

I received a letter from my GP surgery last week swanners.

After 34 years of being registered there they are removing me because I live outside of their boundary. I have lived outside of their boundary for a good 7 years, which they have known and been fine with until suddenly now.

It was signed their 'Business Manager'.

Not Practice Manager, but business.

Patient care is not high on the list it seems.

I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 16:20 - May 16 with 1212 viewsEwan_Oozami

I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 12:48 - May 16 by Zx1988

[Post edited 16 May 2022 17:08]

Er, just enquiring...are you in the same seat next season?

I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 16:28 - May 16 with 1198 viewsBlueBadger

State of this.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 16:57 - May 16 with 1147 viewsMattinLondon

I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 16:28 - May 16 by BlueBadger

State of this.

Let him enjoy the Union flag - judging by what’s happening in Northern Ireland and Scotland that will have to be replaced quite soon.
I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 17:00 - May 16 with 1142 viewsjeera

I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 16:57 - May 16 by MattinLondon

Let him enjoy the Union flag - judging by what’s happening in Northern Ireland and Scotland that will have to be replaced quite soon.

The same poster cannot understand why people are pointing out an unarmed black man was killed by police whilst a white man who had murdered a baby, a mother and a grandmother (and who then went onto shoot a copper) was restrained alive.

No connection of course.

I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 11:56 - May 19 with 918 viewsGeoffSentence

It arrived today.

Union Flag - tick
No EU Flag - tick

Another brexit win confirmed.

GSTQ.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 12:12 - May 19 with 891 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Just got our new GHIC cards.....who needs EHIC when Great Britain has gone global??? Rule Britannia, mine is going inside my lovely new passport.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 12:12 - May 19 with 891 viewsEwan_Oozami

I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 11:56 - May 19 by GeoffSentence

It arrived today.

Union Flag - tick
No EU Flag - tick

Another brexit win confirmed.

GSTQ.

Be careful with those acronyms ending with 'Q'.....

I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 12:19 - May 19 with 861 viewsFreddies_Ears

I hope to see another benefit of Brexit on 12:12 - May 19 by BanksterDebtSlave

Just got our new GHIC cards.....who needs EHIC when Great Britain has gone global??? Rule Britannia, mine is going inside my lovely new passport.

If you check the small print, you will see that the GHIC is valid for fewer countries than the EHIC. Which tells a tale in itself...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024