Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dickie Bird's 'Inheritance Tracks' 02:43 - May 16 with 1322 viewsRyorry

Warning - listening may cause lumps in throat & grit in eyes -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/b06tkswf

From 40 secs on.
[Post edited 16 May 2022 2:45]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Dickie Bird's 'Inheritance Tracks' on 03:14 - May 16 with 1278 viewsIllinoisblue

Little dusty in here. Thanks for sharing

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Dickie Bird's 'Inheritance Tracks' on 09:18 - May 16 with 1122 viewsWhos_blue

That's the power of music right there.
You can't help but be moved by this and well worth 8 minutes of anybody's time.
A lovely listen and thanks for sharing.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Dickie Bird's 'Inheritance Tracks' on 17:20 - May 16 with 954 viewsRyorry

Dickie Bird's 'Inheritance Tracks' on 09:18 - May 16 by Whos_blue

That's the power of music right there.
You can't help but be moved by this and well worth 8 minutes of anybody's time.
A lovely listen and thanks for sharing.

Glad you & Illy enjoyed it. So moving when he talked about his parents & that particular community.

I missed the first minute & had fun trying to work out who it was that had played in boys' teams with Parky & Boycott!

Dickie Bird's 'Inheritance Tracks' on 17:29 - May 16 with 940 viewspowinswitch

Thank you very much for linking that. A man of utter integrity. I don’t recall anybody accusing him of anything untoward at all.
Dickie Bird's 'Inheritance Tracks' on 18:00 - May 16 with 917 viewsFenland_Blue

He is a lovely old fella, during the first lockdown he kept himself active and motivated by jogging around his garden.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-south-yorkshire-56367857

His autobiography is a brilliant read.

Up and mainly down, following Town since 88

Dickie Bird's 'Inheritance Tracks' on 18:43 - May 16 with 882 viewsRyorry

Dickie Bird's 'Inheritance Tracks' on 18:00 - May 16 by Fenland_Blue

He is a lovely old fella, during the first lockdown he kept himself active and motivated by jogging around his garden.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-south-yorkshire-56367857

His autobiography is a brilliant read.

Many thanks, will take a look at the autobiog. too.

Heart ached for him when he said the one regret he had in life was not having a family - but he didn't feel it was right or fair to anyone to do that when he knew he'd often be away touring for 2-3 months at a time.

If only everyone in life were that caring & considerate.

Dickie Bird's 'Inheritance Tracks' on 10:26 - May 17 with 738 viewsFenland_Blue

Dickie Bird's 'Inheritance Tracks' on 18:43 - May 16 by Ryorry

Many thanks, will take a look at the autobiog. too.

Heart ached for him when he said the one regret he had in life was not having a family - but he didn't feel it was right or fair to anyone to do that when he knew he'd often be away touring for 2-3 months at a time.

If only everyone in life were that caring & considerate.

You can pick it up second hand for a couple of pounds.

Loads of great stories inside, he likes to be early and when he was umpiring a test, he was caught by a Policeman jumping over a wall at the Oval, as it was still locked. He was dropped by Yorkshire after scoring a career best 181* as they didn't want him getting to big for his boots.

You can also get a CD with his after dinner speech on called An evening with Dickie Bird.

Up and mainly down, following Town since 88

Dickie Bird's 'Inheritance Tracks' on 11:36 - May 17 with 710 viewsRyorry

Dickie Bird's 'Inheritance Tracks' on 10:26 - May 17 by Fenland_Blue

You can pick it up second hand for a couple of pounds.

Loads of great stories inside, he likes to be early and when he was umpiring a test, he was caught by a Policeman jumping over a wall at the Oval, as it was still locked. He was dropped by Yorkshire after scoring a career best 181* as they didn't want him getting to big for his boots.

You can also get a CD with his after dinner speech on called An evening with Dickie Bird.

Love that re the Oval! Will google to find a copy, cheers 👍

Didn't know that about Yorkshire - wow, what a bunch of idiots (again).

Login to get fewer ads

Dickie Bird's 'Inheritance Tracks' on 12:35 - May 17 with 673 viewsMelford

Dickie Bird's 'Inheritance Tracks' on 17:20 - May 16 by Ryorry

Glad you & Illy enjoyed it. So moving when he talked about his parents & that particular community.

I missed the first minute & had fun trying to work out who it was that had played in boys' teams with Parky & Boycott!

My grandad was at Barnsley CC when Dickie, Parky and Boycott played there. Met him when Town played at Barnsley once, there was a Dickie exhibition in the town museum. Was going through it and a girl came in told me he was in the next room, so I legged it back to the hotel to get my copy of his book then came back and met him. Signed my book and a decent chat with him, he was going to the game that day. Lovely bloke.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Dickie Bird's 'Inheritance Tracks' on 12:45 - May 17 with 657 viewsRyorry

Dickie Bird's 'Inheritance Tracks' on 12:35 - May 17 by Melford

My grandad was at Barnsley CC when Dickie, Parky and Boycott played there. Met him when Town played at Barnsley once, there was a Dickie exhibition in the town museum. Was going through it and a girl came in told me he was in the next room, so I legged it back to the hotel to get my copy of his book then came back and met him. Signed my book and a decent chat with him, he was going to the game that day. Lovely bloke.

You jammy thing! Good work legging it to hotel & back 👍
[Post edited 17 May 2022 12:47]

Dickie Bird's 'Inheritance Tracks' on 12:48 - May 17 with 635 viewsPhilTWTD

Dickie Bird's 'Inheritance Tracks' on 12:35 - May 17 by Melford

I almost always see him when we're at Oakwell, usually when he's nipping to the gents at half-time as they're near the press portacabin. Always a nod or a hello.
Dickie Bird's 'Inheritance Tracks' on 12:59 - May 17 with 623 viewsRyorry

Dickie Bird's 'Inheritance Tracks' on 12:48 - May 17 by PhilTWTD

I almost always see him when we're at Oakwell, usually when he's nipping to the gents at half-time as they're near the press portacabin. Always a nod or a hello.

I've had a soft spot for Barnsley & their fans ever since the POF which has just gone softer again!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024