Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jackson 14:01 - May 16 with 4048 viewshype313

Bit odd how he's been offered a contract and it's been on the table for a while and still hasn't signed, wonder if he wants a guarantee of being a starter before he commits, tough one as I can't see him being our main man.

Looks like a Mexican stand off for the foreseeable.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Jackson on 14:01 - May 16 with 3120 viewsKieran_Knows

Had heard Rotherham were interested in him.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Jackson on 14:06 - May 16 with 3068 viewsFromReuserWithLove

I really am. to bothered by this one. Literally a couple of half decent games in L1 and he was put on a pedestal. If he stays, fine as a back-up. If he goes....so what. Kayden Jackson has done nothing to get excited about. Nothing at all.
Jackson on 14:11 - May 16 with 3002 viewsMookamoo

Most likely he is on holiday
Jackson on 14:12 - May 16 with 2986 viewsBlueBlood90

Jackson on 14:11 - May 16 by Mookamoo

Most likely he is on holiday

He's in Dubai at the minute.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Jackson on 14:20 - May 16 with 2934 viewsStewart27

A guarantee of him being a starter written in his contract?
Jackson on 14:21 - May 16 with 2938 viewsPhilTWTD

Jackson on 14:01 - May 16 by Kieran_Knows

Had heard Rotherham were interested in him.

I heard they were interested in him ahead of the January window, so wouldn't be surprised if they came back in.
Jackson on 14:24 - May 16 with 2885 viewsSTYG

Jackson on 14:20 - May 16 by Stewart27

Do you seriously think Kayden Jackson at THIS Ipswich Town is in any way insane enough to think such a clause, if it existed, would ever be realistic.

He'd be laughed out of the room.

The reason it's not signed is probably simple. He will be offered terms here befitting of a 2nd / 3rd choice striker. He will have offers from other clubs that may well be to be the main man. It'll come down to how much he wants to play against how much he wants to earn you'd imagine.

In no alternate universe is he even a guaranteed starter here.
Jackson on 14:29 - May 16 with 2826 viewsRegencyBlue

He’s lucky to have been offered another contract in my view. 20 goals over 4 seasons doesn’t exactly scream keep at all costs to me!

Can’t see this developing into a long stand off as I don’t think the club will wait much longer. Take it or leave it and we move on I would hope is the clubs stand.
Login to get fewer ads

Jackson on 14:29 - May 16 with 2829 viewshype313

Jackson on 14:21 - May 16 by PhilTWTD

I heard they were interested in him ahead of the January window, so wouldn't be surprised if they came back in.

They'll be offering better wages I would imagine, and I doubt we would push the boat out for him.

Jackson on 14:30 - May 16 with 2806 viewshype313

Should had worded that better, had assurances of where he fits in McKenna's team

Jackson on 15:21 - May 16 with 2565 viewsChurchman

Basically we just need a decision from him so we can plan accordingly. I don’t see him as a crucial player like for example Edmundson, Burns, Morsy or Walton, but he will need replacing if he moves on..
Jackson on 15:23 - May 16 with 2543 viewsSTYG

Jackson on 15:21 - May 16 by Churchman

Basically we just need a decision from him so we can plan accordingly. I don’t see him as a crucial player like for example Edmundson, Burns, Morsy or Walton, but he will need replacing if he moves on..

I can't see any reason why he'd be hurried.

Transfer window opens in a few weeks. He can go anywhere he wants for free and get a nice little bonus too and likely find plenty of clubs where he will be in with a better chance of starting.

He may also want to see who we sign and how far down the order he is likely to be or what chance he has of breaking into the side ahead of them.

I suggest we will offer him what we feel he is worth, let him decide, pursue our main targets and have other targets ready in case he does move on.
Jackson on 15:27 - May 16 with 2518 viewsBarcaBlue

Do you think any player in our history has had a clause in their contract that stated they had to start every game if available?

No, as the idea ia ridiculous.
Jackson on 15:34 - May 16 with 2458 viewsWallingford_Boy

Jackson on 14:06 - May 16 by FromReuserWithLove

I really am. to bothered by this one. Literally a couple of half decent games in L1 and he was put on a pedestal. If he stays, fine as a back-up. If he goes....so what. Kayden Jackson has done nothing to get excited about. Nothing at all.

This!

RIP Sir Bobby

Jackson on 15:34 - May 16 with 2459 viewsSharkey

Needs to discuss it with his Mrs. They got married in a fever. Hotter than a pepper sprout.
Jackson on 15:38 - May 16 with 2406 viewsmylittletown

If not Jackson, our squad next season will contain at least one striker with his speed, ability to run the channels and play with his head up.
Jackson on 15:48 - May 16 with 2340 viewsChurchman

Jackson on 15:23 - May 16 by STYG

I can't see any reason why he'd be hurried.

Transfer window opens in a few weeks. He can go anywhere he wants for free and get a nice little bonus too and likely find plenty of clubs where he will be in with a better chance of starting.

He may also want to see who we sign and how far down the order he is likely to be or what chance he has of breaking into the side ahead of them.

I suggest we will offer him what we feel he is worth, let him decide, pursue our main targets and have other targets ready in case he does move on.

Your last paragraph sounds fair enough to me.
Jackson on 15:48 - May 16 with 2343 viewsNthQldITFC

Jackson on 15:34 - May 16 by Sharkey

Needs to discuss it with his Mrs. They got married in a fever. Hotter than a pepper sprout.

Let's just hope the fire hasn't gone out.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Jackson on 15:50 - May 16 with 2325 viewsJammyDodgerrr

For what it's worth, i suspect he'll get a lot more game time than people think, if he recovers well from injury. Think he is exactly what McKenna wants.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Jackson on 15:59 - May 16 with 2279 viewsPhilTWTD

Jackson on 14:29 - May 16 by hype313

They'll be offering better wages I would imagine, and I doubt we would push the boat out for him.

Perhaps, although the way Sam Morsy was talking about it a few weeks ago it wasn't a long way off being done.
Jackson on 16:24 - May 16 with 2120 viewshype313

Jackson on 15:59 - May 16 by PhilTWTD

Perhaps, although the way Sam Morsy was talking about it a few weeks ago it wasn't a long way off being done.

Here, or Wigan

Jackson on 16:53 - May 16 with 1990 viewsclive_baker

I would be surprised if he is looking for any assurances like that. I'm speculating completely but often the biggest consideration to a player, especially one approaching 30 is the length of deal available to him. I presume we're negotiating a 1 or 2 year extension, but if another league 1 club put 3 years on the table then he would probably have a decision to make as it just gives him that added security.

I'm sure he's not short of a bob right now but he's a player who perhaps only earned north of £50k - £75k a year for the first time when signing for us, and arguably will go back to that again in a few years time. He needs to make the decision that's best for him and his family longer term, and if a 3 year deal and signing on fee elsewhere offers that then he can't be blamed.

FWIW I would guess he'll stay on.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Jackson on 16:56 - May 16 with 1966 viewsSTYG

Jackson on 16:53 - May 16 by clive_baker

I would be surprised if he is looking for any assurances like that. I'm speculating completely but often the biggest consideration to a player, especially one approaching 30 is the length of deal available to him. I presume we're negotiating a 1 or 2 year extension, but if another league 1 club put 3 years on the table then he would probably have a decision to make as it just gives him that added security.

I'm sure he's not short of a bob right now but he's a player who perhaps only earned north of £50k - £75k a year for the first time when signing for us, and arguably will go back to that again in a few years time. He needs to make the decision that's best for him and his family longer term, and if a 3 year deal and signing on fee elsewhere offers that then he can't be blamed.

FWIW I would guess he'll stay on.

There is no way we bought Kayden Jackson, as a Championship club, for £1.7m and put him on £1,000 a week. Some League Two players earn that.

He'd have been on £4,000 - £5,000 a week minimum I'd have thought and probably been one of our lower paid senior players.
Jackson on 16:58 - May 16 with 1948 viewsclive_baker

Jackson on 16:56 - May 16 by STYG

There is no way we bought Kayden Jackson, as a Championship club, for £1.7m and put him on £1,000 a week. Some League Two players earn that.

He'd have been on £4,000 - £5,000 a week minimum I'd have thought and probably been one of our lower paid senior players.

I didn't say that.

I said he's unlikely to have earned more than that before signing for us.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Jackson on 17:06 - May 16 with 1886 viewsSTYG

Jackson on 16:58 - May 16 by clive_baker

I didn't say that.

I said he's unlikely to have earned more than that before signing for us.

Well I misread your post and am now refusing to back down. So there!

(Apologies)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024