Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A young Blackpool player has today announced that he is gay 17:17 - May 16 with 5403 viewsSTYG

What a brave, awesome guy he is.

No doubt he will be subjected to abuse for a while and he's no doubt accepted that will sadly be the case, but he will hopefully be the role model he says he wants to be and be a small step at the start of real change.

When sexist abuse and racist abuse is still so rife in the game, even though it's so much better than it was, it's an obvious stick that morons will use to try and unsettle him with or throw at him.

But massive credit to him, to Blackpool and to have that pressure of being so early into his career and taking such a massive step is incredible. The only way prejudice will eventually be stamped out as much as possible is presumably visibility, inspiring others to do the same and allowing it to be commonplace and rightly accepted by future generations. The type of people that will be bothered by this are beyond changing sadly.

All the best in your career, Jake Daniels.

https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/2022/may/16/a-message-from-jake-daniels/
[Post edited 16 May 2022 17:24]
A young Blackpool player has today announced that he is gay on 17:18 - May 16 with 3032 viewsblue62

Good on the lad.
A young Blackpool player has today announced that he is gay on 17:18 - May 16 with 3028 viewstractordownsouth

For me the most shocking thing is that he was born in 2005!

On a serious note, it’s a positive step and hopefully more will now feel confident enough to follow.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

A young Blackpool player has today announced that he is gay on 17:18 - May 16 with 3028 viewsIllinoisblue

The best thing to hope for is a big collective shrug and everybody moves on.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

A young Blackpool player has today announced that he is gay on 17:19 - May 16 with 3011 viewsfooters

Good for him :)

Now I guess it's the litmus test of how far we've come since Fashanu... Let's hope the players and fans give him their full support. Must have been a hell of a decision.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

A young Blackpool player has today announced that he is gay on 17:23 - May 16 with 2964 viewsSTYG

A young Blackpool player has today announced that he is gay on 17:18 - May 16 by Illinoisblue

Wouldn't it be amazing if there was hardly any mention of it after the initial news and everyone just got on with it.

Sadly, we know it won't be and he knows it won't which is what makes his decision even more admirable.

My new favourite non-ITFC player.
A young Blackpool player has today announced that he is gay on 17:30 - May 16 with 2888 viewsgtsb1966

A young Blackpool player has today announced that he is gay on 17:18 - May 16 by Illinoisblue

Which is what will happen and rightly so.
A young Blackpool player has today announced that he is gay on 17:32 - May 16 with 2872 viewsitfcsuth

Fantastic news!

Well done young man, I’m sure you’ll be an inspiration for others - wish him all the very best in his career.
A young Blackpool player has today announced that he is gay on 17:33 - May 16 with 2862 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Good on him, I'm sure there will be abuse but I think that may well get drowned out by the amount of support that I think he will and v much hope he does get.

It's a brave thing to do in football sadly shocking it's taken this long after Justin Fashnu

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Login to get fewer ads

A young Blackpool player has today announced that he is gay on 17:33 - May 16 with 2856 viewsEastTownBlue

The sad thing is this shouldn’t even be news in 2022 but hopefully this will help many others.

Well done and so brave of a 17 year old. We can only wish him well in his career.
A young Blackpool player has today announced that he is gay on 17:34 - May 16 with 2846 viewsclive_baker

Very brave, especially for someone so young.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

A young Blackpool player has today announced that he is gay on 17:38 - May 16 with 2797 viewsBlueBadger

A young Blackpool player has today announced that he is gay on 17:30 - May 16 by gtsb1966

Which is what will happen and rightly so.

I salute your faith in football fans and human nature in general.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

A young Blackpool player has today announced that he is gay on 17:48 - May 16 with 2716 viewsSitfcB

Wonder what his teammate thinks…

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

A young Blackpool player has today announced that he is gay on 17:52 - May 16 with 2681 viewsHipsterectomy

Sadly I can see at least one news story next season of fans abusing him

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

A young Blackpool player has today announced that he is gay on 17:53 - May 16 with 2680 viewsjeera

A young Blackpool player has today announced that he is gay on 17:48 - May 16 by SitfcB

Wonder what his teammate thinks…

Hmm, seems their player of the season has a few things to learn.

It's hardly going to go unnoticed either.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

A young Blackpool player has today announced that he is gay on 17:54 - May 16 with 2663 viewsBrentwoodBlagger2

Why is this news? I don't care if he is gay or straight and I'm sure most people of average intelligence feel the same way. There are more important things going on at the minute, but good luck to him anyway for advertising this fact.
A young Blackpool player has today announced that he is gay on 17:54 - May 16 with 2649 viewsBlueBadger

A young Blackpool player has today announced that he is gay on 17:52 - May 16 by Hipsterectomy

Sadly I can see at least one news story next season of fans abusing him

Should we open a book on WHO'S fans it'll be?

I'll give you evens on Millwall and Leeds(ssuming they come down), 3/1 Birmingham, 100/1 Norwich.

/edit odds altered to reflect the fact that I've done Norwich fans a disservice here.

They might be inbred, delusional and hopelessly tinpot, but they're not overly racist.
[Post edited 16 May 2022 18:19]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

A young Blackpool player has today announced that he is gay on 17:55 - May 16 with 2639 viewsBlueBadger

A young Blackpool player has today announced that he is gay on 17:54 - May 16 by BrentwoodBlagger2

Why is this news? I don't care if he is gay or straight and I'm sure most people of average intelligence feel the same way. There are more important things going on at the minute, but good luck to him anyway for advertising this fact.

It's news because it's taken long, because there's a LOT of outdated attitudes still clinging on in football.

A young Blackpool player has today announced that he is gay on 17:56 - May 16 with 2624 viewsgtsb1966

A young Blackpool player has today announced that he is gay on 17:54 - May 16 by BlueBadger

I'll give you evens on Millwall and Leeds(ssuming they come down), 3/1 Birmingham, 100/1 Norwich.

/edit odds altered to reflect the fact that I've done Norwich fans a disservice here.

They might be inbred, delusional and hopelessly tinpot, but they're not overly racist.

Why Norwich?
A young Blackpool player has today announced that he is gay on 17:56 - May 16 with 2625 viewsHipsterectomy

A young Blackpool player has today announced that he is gay on 17:54 - May 16 by BlueBadger

I highly doubt Norwich would with the Fash link to them. Hopefully he’s left alone to play and enjoy his career.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

A young Blackpool player has today announced that he is gay on 17:57 - May 16 with 2601 viewsBlueBadger

A young Blackpool player has today announced that he is gay on 17:56 - May 16 by gtsb1966

Why Norwich?

Outside bet based on their occasional prediliction for a bit of the old racist chanting.

Mind you, if they start badly they'll be too busy directing their ire at the directors who gave them their longest period of participation.

A young Blackpool player has today announced that he is gay on 18:08 - May 16 with 2518 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Good on him.

Hopefully a few more men will now come forward and we'll get at least a degree of normalisation. However, as the OP says, it will take some real guts to come out in the type of environment experienced in football.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

A young Blackpool player has today announced that he is gay on 18:13 - May 16 with 2472 viewstextbackup

A young Blackpool player has today announced that he is gay on 17:57 - May 16 by BlueBadger

Outside bet based on their occasional prediliction for a bit of the old racist chanting.

Mind you, if they start badly they'll be too busy directing their ire at the directors who gave them their longest period of participation.

any particular examples of ncfc and racist chanting? might be wrong, but i dont recall reading that?

unless you are talking proper back in the day

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

A young Blackpool player has today announced that he is gay on 18:17 - May 16 with 2421 viewsChiefXL

A young Blackpool player has today announced that he is gay on 18:13 - May 16 by textbackup

any particular examples of ncfc and racist chanting? might be wrong, but i dont recall reading that?

And did it happen more, or less recently than our racist chanting at Luton away?
A young Blackpool player has today announced that he is gay on 18:18 - May 16 with 2416 viewsBlueBadger

A young Blackpool player has today announced that he is gay on 18:13 - May 16 by textbackup

In all fairness, my memory's totally wrong and I'm talking sh1t here.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/aston-villa-racist-c

A young Blackpool player has today announced that he is gay on 18:25 - May 16 with 2368 viewsFixed_It

A young Blackpool player has today announced that he is gay on 17:54 - May 16 by BrentwoodBlagger2

It's obviously news because he's the first. And hopefully others will follow. It's not news because anyone is shocked (hopefully). Good luck to the lad.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024